• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

Poyunch

So the ever-busy Egoraptor is doing yet another webseries, this time just a segmented LP with friend and fellow Internet celebrity JonTron (never heard of him personally).

Introduction

Completed

Ongoing
Game Grumps VS
Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Part 1

Jeopardy - Part 1 - NIXON VS DIXON

Jeopardy - Part 2 - Jeopardy is Won By Someone

Goldeneye - Goldeneye for an Eye

Dream Mix TV World Fighters - Part 1

Animal Crossing Wii
Part 1 - Welcome to Athens!

Part 2 - Joining a Gang

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Part 1 - I want DAT one!

Part 2 - The Old Mario Had...

Part 3 - You Want Mario?

Part 4 - Can You Clap That Fast?

Part 5 - Oh My God It's Happening...

Part 6 - A Groomp's Rationale

Part 7 - Ego Knows Mega 64 Really Well

Banjo Kazooie
Part 1 - Mountain of a Molehill

Part 2 - Burp Integrity

Part 3 - Ego LIKES This Game

Part 4 - Who Farted?

Part 5 - Jon's Favorite Part

Part 6 - Kazooie's in a Backpack

Part 7 - Elado Man

Part 8 - Oh, Thanks Bottles

Part 9 - Dude, Gloop, Come Over!

Secret of Mana
Part 1 - My SPIIIINE

Part 2 - Slightly Shy Chimpanzee

Part 3 - You Might Be a Redneck

Part 4 - Corn Flower Pain

Pokemon Emerald
Part 1 - Just be a man

Part 2 - So I herd u liek Torchics?

Part 3 - No Pokeballs

Part 4 - Naming Nitpicks

Part 5 - Another Lotad

Part 6 - I Hate You Right Now

Part 7 - Squidward

Part 8 - Hey Actors

Part 9 - A Little Ding Dong

Part 10 - Hawkings and Cosmos

Part 11 - Eye of the Geodude

Part 12 - Dick Shun

Part 13 - Oh! It's a Gamsmash

Part 14 - Nincada's Nickname

Part 15 - Character Impressions

Part 16 - The BEST Episode

Kirby SuperStar(?)
Part 1 - Spring Breeze ADVENTURES!

Part 2 - Dyna blow your horn

Part 3 - Suplex Duplex

Part 4 - Bro Level

Part 5 - MetaKnightmare!

Part 6 - Jon Skates to Olympia

Part 7 - A Pancreas, a Tonsil, and Jack Johnson

Part 8 - Meta FIGHT

A Link to the Past
Part 1 - A HEATED DEBATE

Part 2 - WIENER WALLS

Part 3 - Bad with Money

Part 4 - Are Stalfos in this?

Part 5 - I saw your Kindle

Part 6 - A Piece of Bass

Part 7 - In a Hot Minute!

If anything it gives a brief glimpse of Egoraptor's opinions that he'll be expressing in the upcoming Sequelitis that compares A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.

Lace

I'm in just for Jon Tron. Watching these videos makes me think they should have went for a different show title.

Love JT and love Egoraptor, its a fun show. They do 2-3 episodes per day, which is good for someone with no life (like me) who has a few minutes, or more in my case, to laugh at some guys as they play through games.

It's almost like Two Best Friends Play (Youtube Star Edition). I enjoy it.

Poyunch

I didn't know who Jon Tron was beforehand.

If a mod could change the title to include JonTron and mention daily episode that would be nice.

:X

Pappasman

This is so weird. I remember JT saying that he hated LPs in some live stream. I guess he changed his mind lol. Game Grumps is pretty good so far though.

Noi

I don't normally like JT much, but the Kirby episode had me dying through the whole thing. Will keep watching.

Oh shit, Egoraptor AND JonTron!

3923-jontron-success.gif

Will watch :D Thanks for bringing this up.

Anth0ny

I can't agree with Egoraptor about z-targeting. Never had a problem with it after 10 years of playing OOT. What exactly is improved about z-targeting between OOT and WW?

oatmeal

Banned
Turned on Zelda: LTTP because I'll watch anything of that...

Oh, they're obnoxious morons.

Turned it off.

(EDIT)

Didn't Egoraptor do the game on why Mega Man X was the best game ever? That video is phenomenal. What the hell happened here? They're just laughing at nothing and swearing like assholes.

Poyunch

Turned it off.

(EDIT)

Didn't Egoraptor do the game on why Mega Man X was the best game ever? That video is phenomenal. What the hell happened here? They're just laughing at nothing and swearing like assholes.

Sequelitis is an outlier. Most of his other content is stupid and crude.

TheOGB

Banned
It's incredibly stupid, but it's that "two friends having fun laughing at stupid stuff playing games" kind of stupid that reminds you of you and your friends. I like it, these two are fucking hilarious.

I can't agree with Egoraptor about z-targeting. Never had a problem with it after 10 years of playing OOT. What exactly is improved about z-targeting between OOT and WW?

Yeah, I have a feeling that his MMX Sequelitis video was a one hit wonder. His Castlevania one was based on taking one incredibly subjective aspect and focusing solely on it, and applying 2012 hindsight to a 1991 first generation SNES game. I get the impression that his Zelda video will be the same sort of thing.

Platy

If anything it gives a brief glimpse of Egoraptor's opinions that he'll be expressing in the upcoming Sequelitis that compares A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.

hmmmm didn't knew he was doing a new Sequelitis ... best thing to ever come from him !

Where did you saw the news that he was doing one on Zelda ?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
This feels way too forced. It's just "Hey! Look at us, we'll talk in silly voices and swear and laugh at every thing the other says! We're so wacky!"

If I wanted to listen to stoners play video games together, I'd go to the local dorms.

I do enjoy Egoraptor's stuff though, but as of late I think the popularity is getting to his head. But what room have I to speak from? I suppose it's just some internet ranting.

Turned it off.

(EDIT)

Nothing "happened". Egoraptor has always been about wacky and over the top humor. The Sequealtities videos are the rare times when he decides to be insightful and serious (well, as serious as he can be). I think there's room for both, but the guy is famous for the former.

This feels way too forced. It's just "Hey! Look at us, we'll talk in silly voices and swear and laugh at every thing the other says! We're so wacky!"

If I wanted to listen to stoners play video games together, I'd go to the local dorms.

I do enjoy Egoraptor's stuff though, but as of late I think the popularity is getting to his head. But what room have I to speak from? I suppose it's just some internet ranting.

people actually stoned would be a million times funnier.

I totally agree with you.

Watch any of the top youtubers who do commentary, seem to be almost doing it for money - it's pretty obvious that its forced. They had this golden age of maybe 1-2 months where there was quality content, but now they just seem to be going through the motions.

Examples: Tobygames, pewdiepie, xcalizorz, etc.

I like the theme song at least...

If Egoraptor continues to make more Sequelitis videos that are as phenomenal as the first 3 he'll continue to have my attention.

Forced? It sounds like two buddies having fun playing video games.

Top Bottom