• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

I hate to play "it was better back in the day" but there is something more enjoyable about a less produced product

Alrighty, thanks guys. I guess I'll do all of 96-97 then since that seems to be the consensus.

If you feel like it, watch WWE in conjunction with WCW of the same year. You'll be watching the genesis of the Monday Night Wars and easily the best two years of wrestling. I'm on the side that not living through it means a lot is lost, but god damn if there wasn't some compelling stuff going on in both feds. You had the rise of Austin, Bret's incredibly face to heel turn and Michaels in WWE combined with the nWo formation and mid-card superstars of WCW.

i'm pretty sure the guy who did 2000 WWF, aka one of the best years ever, did storyboards for his angles and all the carnies in the back were like HAWHAWHAWHAW LOOK AT THIS NERD. LOOK AT HIM TRYING

putting in effort will get you bullied and buried in wwe

Is this pre or post WM 2000?

Mahonay

Banned
*goes to check top wrestling news of the past week*

Mauro is now on the NXT announcing team. The fuck??

Seems likely it was requested by him in their private agreement. I'm thinking CWC left a mark on him and he didn't want to give that kind of thing up. Happy for him if this means he's getting all the things he actually wanted from a WWE position initially. He gets to stay out of the doldrums of the main roster, and the fuck away from JBL.

PSA
FORTUNE DREAM 1 has been added to the RealHero archive https://t.co/2YsAhzW1Mh

(1) Tamon Honda [FREE] vs. Naoya Nomura [AJPW]
(2) Meiko Satomura [Sendai GIRLS] vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto [S-Ovation]
(3) Kengo Mashimo [K-DOJO] & Tank Nagai [K-DOJO] vs. Shuji Ishikawa [UNION] & Koji Doi [WNC]
(4) AKIRA [WNC], Ultimo Dragon [Toryumon MEXICO] & Yoshinobu Kanemaru [AJPW] vs. Yuko Miyamoto [666], Isami Kodaka [UNION] & Kazuki Hashimoto [BJW]

(5) Talk Battle: Riki Choshu vs. Kenta Kobashi
~ this is not an actual match, talk show segment, more or less.

(6) Akitoshi Saito [FREE] & Kotaro Suzuki [AJPW] vs. Masato Tanaka [ZERO1] & Fujita “Jr” Hayato [MichiPro]
(7) Kohei Sato [ZERO1] & Yuji Hino [K-DOJO] vs. Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW] & Kento Miyahara [AJPW]

Anth0ny

Is this pre or post WM 2000?

Following the departure of his predecessor, Vince Russo, in October 1999, Kreski became the head writer of the World Wrestling Federation. He is widely credited with writing captivating and layered storylines, and was at the helm of WWF creative in its all-time peak years of both ratings and profitability. Kreski's extensive use of storyboards was mocked by many in the WWF during his tenure, but they enabled him to achieve a high degree of continuity in his storylines, which began to devolve into semi-coherence following his departure.

Kreski was replaced as head writer by Stephanie McMahon in November 2000, but remained with the company until 2002, when he left to pursue other opportunities.

I'm sure Vince told Kreski to fuck off during the Mania 2000 build and did that entire thing himself. It's hard to comprehend any other way Mania was so bad in 2000 yet every other PPV was amazing.

Someone say WCW

I hate to play "it was better back in the day" but there is something more enjoyable about a less produced product

If you feel like it, watch WWE in conjunction with WCW of the same year. You'll be watching the genesis of the Monday Night Wars and easily the best two years of wrestling. I'm on the side that not living through it means a lot is lost, but god damn if there wasn't some compelling stuff going on in both feds. You had the rise of Austin, Bret's incredibly face to heel turn and Michaels in WWE combined with the nWo formation and mid-card superstars of WCW.
I will probably do that, thanks

Cody Rhodes is a WWE spy sent to infiltrate the indies

He was low midcard in WWE and that's what they think of indies/Japan so they knew he'd be a top guy

He's killing promotions

It's all a work brothers

I pay £16 a month
I volunteer for very few hours a week to circumvent a £22 charge.
Paying my dues!

What if we finally killed WrassleGaf once and for all & just moved into the GLOW OT
Four episodes in now and this seems like a valid idea.

Shoot: He'd be way more exciting as the winner of the smash vote poll than the last three characters we got.
Corrin has Bayley level booking in his/her game.

Cody Rhodes is a WWE spy sent to infiltrate the indies

He was low midcard in WWE and that's what they think of indies/Japan so they knew he'd be a top guy

He's killing promotions

It's all a work brothers

American Nightmare, it all makes sense now, I bet WWE have that on trademark along with the name Cody Rhodes in general!

Top Bottom