• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kermit.gif: Dragon Quest Press Event in Japan [DQIX = 28/3, 5980yen, DQX = Wii]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoku88

kiruyama said:
maybe im just too new to DQ, but I've seen the Level 5 dislike alot. Why?
Sloooooooooooow battle system.

Level 5 made DQ8 'relatively' flashy (ie, 3rd person) which made the battles slower, I guess. Too many animations.

They did make it pretty at least. I won't it back in 1st person, though.

Barakov

Gold Member
donny2112 said:
I had been thinking the RPG presence on the Wii would be comparable to the GameCube in Japan. Obviously that line of thinking is now out the window.

DQIV, DQV, DQVI remade for DS before DQIX. DQVII remade for Wii before DQX?

That would be MOST EXCELLENT.

jts

...hate me...
w9y8oi.jpg

Calcaneus

mj1108 said:
So what's the over/under on how many pages of bitter sweet tears there will be by tomorrow morning? :lol
You would have to be an idiot to think that DQ proper would go anywhere other than DS or Wii this gen.

And this announcement shall be known as Nintendo's Great Balls of Fire.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Pojo said:
I actually will.

Unless they radically change DQ, it can't benefit from the Wii. It could be the most beautiful thing the world has ever seen if it were to come out on the PS3, as well as boost the stagnant sales.

But Wii it is!
:lol

JCX

Acid08 said:
That's a disgusting thought.

I only own a wii out of this gen's consoles and I do not want it on wii, but I have pretty much given up hope that it'll be on PS3 or 360. This is a revolution

JavyOO7

Good lord, if this does not get Wii third party developers going I have no idea what will.

Nintendo needs to expand their internal teams again. -_-

Tenbatsu said:
Capcom just posted this on their MH3 Tri webstie:lol
重要なお知らせ】
一部雑誌記事において、「モンスターハンター3(トライ)のWii以外への展開」という報道がございましたが、当社においてそのような公表は一切、行っておりません。
シリーズ最新作『モンスターハンター3(トライ)』は、Wiiの特性を活かし、これまでにないモンスターハンターを創造するべく、鋭意開発を進めております。

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/

Trying to steal thunder from DQX? I don't entirely understand...

Darkman M

Pojo said:
I actually will.

Unless they radically change DQ, it can't benefit from the Wii. It could be the most beautiful thing the world has ever seen if it were to come out on the PS3, as well as boost the stagnant sales.

But Wii it is!

Didn't Dragon Quest VIII flop hard on the PS2?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Hcoregamer00 said:
After this announcement, other companies will probably fill up the holes.

That's what I'm guessing. The next Tales should get announced next week as well..

Tenbatsu said:
Capcom just posted this on their MH3 Tri webstie:lol
重要なお知らせ】
一部雑誌記事において、「モンスターハンター3(トライ)のWii以外への展開」という報道がございましたが、当社においてそのような公表は一切、行っておりません。
シリーズ最新作『モンスターハンター3(トライ)』は、Wiiの特性を活かし、これまでにないモンスターハンターを創造するべく、鋭意開発を進めております。

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/

but PSP =(

Hero

It's not as if the Wii needed DQX to obliterate PS3 or 360 any further. What this will hopefully do is bring more of the "core" Japanese gamer to the system and get more RPGs on the system.

Zoe

Paraphrase:

Wada: Iwata's appearances are rare, so I'm really happy. Completing DQIX is a big relief. A "thank goodness" kind of feeling

Iwata: Thank you for developing DQX on the Wii

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Pojo said:
I actually will.

But Wii it is!

I will feed the troll.

So you mean that having the highest profile RPG exclusive on the Wii wont change anything?

It means a LOT.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Pojo said:
I actually will.

But Wii it is!
Iwata: (Laugh)
NeoGAF: (Laughs)

Barakov

Gold Member
Hero said:
It's not as if the Wii needed DQX to obliterate PS3 or 360 any further. What this will hopefully do is bring more of the "core" Japanese gamer to the system and get more RPGs on the system.

That would be the greatest benefit.

zoku88

Darkman M said:
Didn't Dragon Quest VIII flop hard on the PS2?
It was the best selling PS2 game (in Japan)

DQVr was the 4th best selling game, I believe.

I think it went

DQVIII
FFXII (?)
FFX
DQVr

Not sure if I got the FF's switched, though.

JCX

bmf said:
I need a translation for this.

despite me only owning a wii, I'd rather KH3 be on an HD console where it can have awesome graphics than wii. I just think it will most likely come out for wii though.

Acid08

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
I will feed the troll.

So you mean that having the highest profile RPG exclusive on the Wii wont change anything?

It means a LOT.
I think he means the actual game itself will not change. You know. Beyond waggle.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
schuelma said:
That's what I'm guessing. The next Tales should get announced next week as well..

Since I am a JRPG freak, it looks like I will be buying a Wii soon, or I will be missing out.

donny2112

Wii Will Rock U said:

There were rumors that MH3 was coming to another console along with the Wii version. This is Capcom squashing those rumors. I still fully expect MHP3 to come, eventually, but probably well after the Wii version.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jonnyram said:
Square Enix just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase DQIX for DS, nor will they purchase any of Square Enix’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square Enix has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square Enix, publicly apologize and cancel DQX for Wii or you can kiss your business goodbye.

:lol

Glad this little presser didn't disappoint! GAF does enjoy its megatons. I guess I'll have to go buy DQ8 for my PS2 now to get ready.

Kyoufu

Wii Will Rock U said:

Its a response to the article regarding MH3 going on other platforms. Its being made for Wii utilising it's strengths yadda yadda yadda...

edit: beaten

My6cats

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Square Enix just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase DQIX for DS, nor will they purchase any of Square Enix’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square Enix has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square Enix, publicly apologize and cancel DQX for Wii or you can kiss your business goodbye.
This is the biggest BS I have heard. How is putting Dragon Quest 10 on wii shamming Square Enix?

Teknoman

Pojo said:
I actually will.

But Wii it is!

It'll look a hell of alot better than DQ VIII. And that looks pretty nice.

My6cats said:
This is the biggest BS I have heard. How is putting Dragon Quest 10 on wii shamming Square Enix?

Was making fun of an old post someone made when FFXIII was announced for 360 too.

Zoe said:
Paraphrase:

Wada: Iwata's appearances are rare, so I'm really happy. Completing DQIX is a big relief. A "thank goodness" kind of feeling

Iwata: Thank you for developing DQX on the Wii

That is awesome. :D

Acid08 said:
That will be my face if KH3 is announced for Wii.

I thought this is a Dragon Quest only event?

Acid08

Banned
JCX9 said:
despite me only owning a wii, I'd rather KH3 be on an HD console where it can have awesome graphics than wii. I just think it will most likely come out for wii though.
I really really hope KH3 is for the PS3/360. I want a breathtakingly beautiful and fully realized KH sequel.

Darkman M

zoku88 said:
It was the best selling PS2 game (in Japan)

DQVr was the 4th best selling game, I believe.

I think it went

DQVIII
FFXII (?)
FFX
DQVr

Not sure if I got the FF's switched, though.

Im sorry i meant in the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom