• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the fuck is up with shit Square ports on PS4 and music issues?

Toybasher

Neo Member
I think these issues happened on the pc version at first because the ps1 actually "made" the music as a midi or something, and it wasn't a prerecorded MP3, while the pc version likely had broken soundfonts with modern hardware, etc. and it was pstched to include proper mp3s from the ost or whatever.

I'm probably wrong, though.

Peroroncino

So... any chances this will be actually fixed?

I'd love to buy and play FFIX again on my PS4 but it isn't happening until that gets fixed.

mieumieu

This is what happens when SE hires the cheapest company they can find for their remasters:

1450731003026.jpg

Now, who do I have to bother to get VII fixed? That's all I care about right now.

FFXII was also done by the same company though

I think these issues happened on the pc version at first because the ps1 actually "made" the music as a midi or something, and it wasn't a prerecorded MP3, while the pc version likely had broken soundfonts with modern hardware, etc. and it was pstched to include proper mp3s from the ost or whatever.

I'm probably wrong, though.

PS2 FF worked the same way yet they can do it (on PS4 at least after the patch). Newer ports probably uses streaming music ala MP3s except FFVIII on Steam.

I'd say this is a case of SE cheapening out and didn't want to pay for a patch

Top Bottom