• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza KIWAMI |OT| Translator's Note: "KIWAMI" means "EXTREME"

Awesome OT :) I'm looking forward to replaying Kiwami once my copy arrives (and I 100% Yakuza 0).

Regarding PS4 Pro - Boost mode does eliminate the very small amount of screen tearing and FPS drops in a couple of parts of the city (mainly just around Theater Square - just like in 0)

yak17ucn.png

Buy it!

Murman

Buying it today.

The Destiny 2 PC beta might keep me busy for a few days, but Yakuza Kiwami comes right after. My Nioh WotD playthrough will have to wait!

Scotia

Banned
Great OT!

My copy came Saturday but I couldn't play until Sunday. On Chapter 3 and I'm loving this game already!

I am so fucking excited for Tuesday.

Bought Yakuza 1 & 2 on PS2 back in the day, but never played them. Spent 114 hours in Y0 earlier this year. I don't think I've fallen in love this hard, this fast in a series ever.

Can't wait to play them all.

luffeN

Looking forward to it, it is already in the mail. Yakuza 0 was one of the rare games I needed to play from start to finish.

hbkdx12

Anyone have any indication of how intrusive the "Manila everywhere" thing is?

On paper it sounds kind of annoying but in hoping its not that bad

Opa-Pa

Y E S.

Wonderful OT, well done!

I'm so excited for this, it'll be my first new Yakuza release since starting the series back in march, and what better than the remake of the game I started with.

Can't wait to see young Haruka, Date and, uh, whatever Kage is actually called again. Feels like I've known them for ages... Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Mediking

After 0 comes 1.

It is pretty straight forward.

Oh really?

Cuz Goro Majima's description in the OT is making my head spin... I haven't finished Yakuza 0 yet but Goro in Kiwami sounds like 2 totally different people from the Goro I know in 0.

This will be my first Yakuza game.
Hope you enjoy! Remember that the game doesn't have autosave, you have to save manually at a phone.

Once you're done with this game, you should definitely check out Yakuza 0.
Oh really?

Cuz Goro Majima's description in the OT is making my head spin... I haven't finished Yakuza 0 yet but Goro in Kiwami sounds like 2 totally different people from the Goro I know in 0.
This is what Goro was like in the beginning of the series. He became a fan favourite so they "matured" him a bit but make no mistake, the man is bat shit crazy.

Recall

Oh really?

Yakuza Zero is the start of it all.

Yakuza Kiwami is an updated version of Yakuza 1.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 will be an updated version of Yakuza 2.

ChazGW7

Still need to play Yakuza 0, but I will definitely jump on this afterwards. Gonna plan a full on binge with one after the other some day. Never payed attention to this franchise before but at the same time looks like something I will love.

vocab

QgVYAM5.gif

I wonder how excessive the majima stuff is in this game. There's tons of trophies involving majima everywhere time.

Kaizer

Banned
Excited to play the first entry in the Yakuza series. My journey with the series started with Yakuza 2's initial release back in 2008 - been a longtime fan ever since.

I decided to pass on playing 0 earlier this year, as there were too many other games coming out I wanted to play & I just watched Giant Bomb's playthrough of the story instead. I'm actually on the final episode of their playthrough, so it'll be nice to immediately go into Kiwami on Tuesday.

jugann

Neo Member

I have summer exams till this thursday, but once i'm done with them I'm jumping right into Kiwami! One of the major reasons why I bought Yakuza 0 was because of all the praise GAF was giving it. Loved it so much and I can't wait to see which direction this games takes!

Top Bottom