• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zampella: TitanFall to support digital Pre-loading

see5harp

Luckily for them, the market of people who buy games at midnight is a miniscule percentage of the total market.

That too. It would be done downloading way before I even play it but as far as I know the system doesn't even wake from sleep to download (assuming the March update doesn't fix that issue). If we could buy something via the smart glass/xbox one app, and have the xbox one automatically turn on and download, this wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Bsigg12

Luckily for them, the market of people who buy games at midnight is a miniscule percentage of the total market.

Its not even that. I don't plan on playing until Tuesday morning but I would rather the game be ready to go rather than have to sit through a 15gb download.

jim2011

I think many are jumping the gun stating it won't be preloadable. I bet Microsoft just accidentally posted it in the Xbox store before they meant to (ie with a big marketing effort).

vg260

Just as an FYI for anyone who bought those and may be out of the loop here's some important dates:

You have 1 year from the day you redeem the code to use the converted value of the MSP on your account, then the redeemed credit disappears.

The LAST day you will be able to redeem these codes is November 24, 2014. After this date your unredeemed MSP codes will not work.

So, to drag this credit out as long as possible, redeem codes only as needed until Nov 24 this year (let's say do it on Nov 23 in case their wording is tricky), at which point redeem all unused codes and use THAT converted credit by 1 year later, Nov 24, 2015.

Still don't know how it's legal to get away with this sort of shit.

Where does it say your unredeemed MSP points codes/cards will expire? As far as I read they will still accept them indefinitely, but the deposited money on your account would expire after a year.

It still says this:
Microsoft has no plans to discontinue acceptance of previously purchased Microsoft Points cards and codes, until further notice.

Prezhulio

Where does it say your unredeemed MSP points codes/cards will expire? As far as I read they will still accept them indefinitely, but the deposited money on your account would expire after a year.

It still says this:

I'll have to dig up the article from around the time last year when they announced the currency rollout, but the details were from a Microsoft support chat:

Regarding the last day of your redemption for your local currency, it will be on 11/24/2014.
Me: at 19:36:59
ok. and at that point i will have until 11/24/2015 to use those converted points currency, correct?
Sheila: at 19:37:44
Yes , that is correct.
Me: at 19:39:29
ok, thanks for the information.
Sheila: at 19:39:47
You are welcome, is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: at 19:39:53
no that's all
Sheila: at 19:40:01
Happy to provide assistance to a fellow gamer! If that was everything, I would like to thank you for contacting Xbox Support. Have a good day!
info: at 19:40:05
Chat session has been ended by the agent.

Here's the article: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/microsoft-points/microsoft-points-retire-faq

The promotional value we put in your Microsoft account will expire one year from the date the Microsoft Points cards or codes are redeemed.

Edit2: nm realized you're asking about November date. That was a chat with support. I wouldn't trust their site and would ask a ms support rep. That would be awesome if they don't expire redemption wise!

Top Bottom