• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump "withdraws" White House invitation to Stephen Curry after Curry declines

Heel

kI1gn5L.png

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/911610455877021697

vY8EJ1K.jpg

Slayven

This intersects with 2 of Trumps biggest flaws. Wanting to look accomplished by being around accomplished people and a black person telling him no.

Great stuff. And think about it, the NBA's biggest star called the sitting US president a bum. These are interesting times that we live in.

It says a lot about the difference between NBA and NFL leadership. NBA players seem to feel free enough that they can voice their views without fear, while NFL players tend to lay low because they've already seen what can happen to them.

Trey

Would love to see lots of NBA players and coaches... and then players and coaches from other leagues pile on.

The entire warriors organization has been trashing Trump from the beginning. Greg Popovich has been vocal in his dissent, as well. I think soon you'll see a concerted, league wide protest.

Boke1879

Then NBA is just leagues ahead of the NFL when it comes to this stuff. I mean maybe that's by design considering the audience of the NFL and their owners.

But I believe the leadership in the NBA even encourages this type of stuff. Or at least tells their players not to be scared.

Strange that the orange shitstain would choose to start a twitter war with a popular athlete. There's literally no upside to it. Oh well, it's his L.

Are you sure it's strange? Are you sure punching back in counterproductive ways at people who slight him isn't what he does every day of his life?

And the upside for him is he's insulting a young black man. His base will fill in the blanks.

120v

still can't believe this is the new normal. imagine obama taking to twitter for a "NO, F YOU" over an asinine white house visit.

Slayven

Then NBA is just leagues ahead of the NFL when it comes to this stuff. I mean maybe that's by design considering the audience of the NFL and their owners.

But I believe the leadership in the NBA even encourages this type of stuff. Or at least tells their players not to be scared.

NBA players just have tons more self awareness and agency.

The fact that NFL drags their feet on their players turning their brains into goo should tell you everything.

still can't believe this is the new normal. imagine obama taking to twitter for a "NO, F YOU" over an asinine white house visit.

The President Republicans pretended Obama was is the President we have now, and they're not saying one damn word about it. As if there was any question whether they were full of bullshit then and now.

Top Bottom