• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Sandfox

Wasn't you the person who said that everyone should wait for NYCC?

No, I said that NYCC could be interesting because we may get some info on what Aaron is working on and some other Legacy related thing, though that was before we knew about the schedule and No Surrender. Announcements at NYCC basically go out to April at the latest and those ones are basically just teasers.

caliph95

I wouldn't go as far as him, but I DO have a hard time understanding anybody who has a stronger dislike than "meh" on his most-acclaimed stuff (GL, JSA, etc.).
Yeah his JSA was especially great and his flash he's pretty consistent for me

Except for Justice League though that's probably due to New 52 though his events made up for it though Justice League of America was great

Boogiepop

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=19614&lang=1

Are the Rick and Morty comics in this sale worth picking up? Like the show, so I'm curious...

Also, following up on the last time I was in here: I picked up the first volume of new52 Harley to try and read through it (wanted to see if I wanted more before the sale ended on Comixology) and... yeah, that just was not for me at all. Did nothing for me. Sorry, Messi, I have failed you! (A little sad because several other past Messi recommendations were so on point, especially Sunstone, and I recall all the love for it back when I was at least semi-active in these threads...)

Messi

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=19614&lang=1

Are the Rick and Morty comics in this sale worth picking up? Like the show, so I'm curious...

Also, following up on the last time I was in here: I picked up the first volume of new52 Harley to try and read through it (wanted to see if I wanted more before the sale ended on Comixology) and... yeah, that just was not for me at all. Did nothing for me. Sorry, Messi, I have failed you! (A little sad because several other past Messi recommendations were so on point, especially Sunstone, and I recall all the love for it back when I was at least semi-active in these threads...)

I openly said that run is only OK and not for everyone. I don't mind. It's why I said try the first volume and see.

Boogiepop

I openly said that run is only OK and not for everyone. I don't mind. It's why I said try the first volume and see.

Yeah, you were totally fair and right on that! Still a bit of a shame, because as I've said, in the past the stuff you've raved about has worked out really well for me. Still, not everything is for everyone, yeah!

The answer to Batman's wedding proposal is out

Hidden in Text so No Spoilers from URL

Yeeeesssssssssssss

Also, King confirmed like a month ago that if she said yes and they had a baby it would be a girl named Helena~

I'm making the thread the day the issue is out.

Edit:

tumblr_ox7ku3J3D61spe9yao1_540.png

Rebirth: change happened immediatly
Legacy: Wait about 6 months...

It's not much of a secret that Legacy is more of a stopgap to boost sales for the last few months of the year than an actual relaunch, given that (IIRC) less than a quarter of the books are new or have new creative teams.

Doesn't mean that what Marvel has planned for 2018 will actually be enough, of course.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OK you get to pick what I read next:

Batman N52 Endgame -> All-Star Batman

or

Forever Evil -> Justice League N52 6-8 -> GL Rebirth

🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃

VanWinkle

OK you get to pick what I read next:

Batman N52 Endgame -> All-Star Batman

or

Forever Evil -> Justice League N52 6-8 -> GL Rebirth

🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃

I'm going to say Forever Evil, because the fact that you're skipping Zero Year for some reason (lol) means that two Joker stories in a row could be monotonous.

Is it? Feels like pretty standard Batman to me.
I haven't read it, but I think it will purely based on how divisive it is. That, and some of the contributions to Batman's mythos and overall arc. Maybe not as huge as say, Morrison and Snyder, but it'll still be up there.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This is the first time I have seen the Gladiator incostume (lol, somehow I thought Melvin Potter was black and was super confused when the arc started) and I have not the slightest idea how his costume is supposed to work. Do his blades randomly pop out of his arm?

When it comes to modern comics (2005 onward) what writer has done a good job of bringing in new characters for the Big Two? I love Gail Simone for it. Jeanette, Strix, Black Alice, and Porcelain are all pretty awesome, and I'm bummed that they don't get used more.

This is the first time I have seen the Gladiator incostume (lol, somehow I thought Melvin Potter was black and was super confused when the arc started) and I have not the slightest idea how his costume is supposed to work. Do his blades randomly pop out of his arm?
He shows up in Bendis' run in costume wearing circular saw gauntlets.

tim1138

When it comes to modern comics (2005 onward) what writer has done a good job of bringing in new characters for the Big Two? I love Gail Simone for it. Jeanette, Strix, Black Alice, and Porcelain are all pretty awesome, and I'm bummed that they don't get used more.

Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison

error4041

When it comes to modern comics (2005 onward) what writer has done a good job of bringing in new characters for the Big Two? I love Gail Simone for it. Jeanette, Strix, Black Alice, and Porcelain are all pretty awesome, and I'm bummed that they don't get used more..

Charles Soule does a pretty good job at making new characters. his Inhumans run obviously introduced a lot of new inhuman characters (Lash, Inferno, Auran, Flint, Swain, Mcgee, Reader, Iso, Lineage) and his Daredevil run has Muse, Tenfingers, and Blindspot, which range from lol-worthy to pretty fucking cool.

Didn't he also introduce a bunch of new wolverine-type characters after Logan's death?

Oh my, dat first production run face.

Still debating on ordering this one.

Yeah, I heard the lent cover was rushed as fuck and that's a bad sign for the other lent covers planned.

Doesn't help Mahvoo wants stores to buy a assload of copies just to get 10 lent covers.

Jesus Fucking Fuck Marvel. Good stories sell books. Not fucking trash covers that require shops to buy so much tonnage of your shit for the privilege of buying them. This is why you're fucking failing.

Yeah, I heard the lent cover was rushed as fuck and that's a bad sign for the other lent covers planned.

Doesn't help Mahvoo wants stores to buy a assload of copies just to get 10 lent covers.

BB lost money on this and there are no huge pre-orders for Marvel books the very next week like there was with Rebirth(which sold out).

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
guysss

Forever Evil was pretty great fun

i'm glad I have some context between Death of the Family & Grayson, too

just read Simon Baz's origin story. gonna pick up JL and see what Jessica Cruz is all about. i'm hoping it has to do with Power Ring from the Crime Syndicate's ring.

Top Bottom