• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Words you can't spell right, no matter how manny times you try.

Durden77

Restaurant.

If I have to use a standard keyboard (which I do all the time at my work), I am fucked with restaurant.

Guarantee is also another. I actually just spoke into my pbone to type that, because I'm so bad at it.

I know there are others, I will edit them in as I go.

Edit : Dammit. The title was supposed to be Words you can't spell right, no matter how many times you try, but my finger scraped the mobile post button. Plz help mods!

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I have a lot of flaws. A lot. Of. Flaws. But spelling has always come natural to me. I ace it. I feel good about acing it. Except for one fucking word.

Acquaintance.

My bane.

Strimei

Maintenance.

It pops up with annoying frequency at work. I do data entry and a fair amount of people put it down as their occupation, and I always have to pause, say it out loud, and still double check to make sure I spelled it right.

Durden77

Maintenance.

It pops up with annoying frequency at work. I do data entry and a fair amount of people put it down as their occupation, and I always have to pause, say it out loud, and still double check to make sure I spelled it right.

Fucking MAINTENANCE. You sound like you are in a similar field as me, and god dammit fuck this word. I can never spell it. And I always spell it incorrectly enough to make the spell check think it's something else.

Mahonay

Banned
Restaurant.

If I have to use a standard keyboard (which I do all the time at my work), I am fucked with restaurant.

Guarantee is also another. I actually just spoke into my pbone to type that, because I'm so bad at it.

I know there are others, I will edit them in as I go.

Edit : Dammit. The title was supposed to be Words you can't spell right, no matter how many times you try, but my finger scraped the mobile post button. Plz help mods!
Me too OP. And it infuriates me because I'm otherwise an excellent speller, I'm the person people ask to spell things. But for some dumb reason restaurant gives me trouble.

PaulloDEC

Restaurant used to be one of these for me, but I trained myself.

Res - like a resurrection in Overwatch.

Tau - like Taurus, the astrological sign.

Ant - like the little bastard who gets into your pantry.

Nowadays it's usually words with double-letters in there. Like "resurrection" for example, I can never remember with letter is the double.

Maintenance.

Ugh, this one too for sure.

Ryman

Maintenance.

Yep, I hate this word. I really need to struggle to get the spelling correct.

emb

There are a few. Reccommend, achievment, accidently come to mind.

The older I get though, the more I find myself just making careless errors. I'll be typing up a message in autopilot mode, and accidentally write you instead of your, there instead of their, or a singular noun instead of a plural. Those are the ones that get me way worse; more difficult words always have spell check, or I can just avoid them.

Alienfan

There are a few. Reccommend, achievment, accidently come to mind.

The older I get though, the more I find myself just making careless errors. I'll be typing up a message in autopilot mode, and accidentally write you instead of your, there instead of their, or a singular noun instead of a plural. Those are the ones that get me way worse; more difficult words always have spell check, or I can just avoid them.

For achievement I always spell it out like "achievey" + ment

Clockwork5

Subdelty, subdulty, sudlty, subdelty...

I always put a "d" in the word even though I know "subtle" doesn't have one...

grumpy

sdWLYLw.gif

Professor and professional. I always write them with 2 f instead of 2 s.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Separate. I always start with seperate and then have to go back and fix it.

I have to remind myself that "the R separates the two As".

Top Bottom