• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkam

That's not the one people refer to when they say "official case", the one you liked to is made by RDS. The "official case" is made by Nintendo.

It seems like a lot of third party cases are officially licensed by Nintendo though, and they all seem to be out of stock.

Oh sweet, thanks for setting me straight. Didnt know Nintendo was manufacturing one themselves (so to speak). I kept seeing the SKU at all the stores for the one I linked so I assumed it was the 'official' one. Ill see if other retailers online have that one cuz those Amazon prices were cray cray. So much mark up.

Drakken

Brick seek was showing stock in Toms River Walmart but I'd take it with a huge grain of salt.

Thanks, but yeah, I've been there and no dice. Guy I talked to said he has no idea where those #s come from, as they hadn't gotten any new stock in and all their pre-orders had been picked up early on.

RedFox85

OMG my NEON amazon.es just updated and is pending on my credit card!! Get hypeeeee!!!

Delivery on Wednesday
Preparing the shipment

Hell yes!!

You don't have to?

I gain nothing from lying to you.

It's sold out online, it wasn't sold out at Toys R Us or Gamestops near me.

Gamestops had some, Toys R Us had many.

People all over the USA & world reporting in not being able to find a Switch and your town in NJ is the exception. How very NJ. Amazing.
OMG my NEON amazon.es just updated and is pending on my credit card!! Get hypeeeee!!!

Delivery on Wednesday
Preparing the shipment

Hell yes!!

Nice!!! When did you order?

Is it weird that the Switch Pro Controller is available for purchase through Amazon Prime Now in my area? I can have that baby here in two hours, shall I take the plunge?

Anaithsol

Neo Member
Is it weird that the Switch Pro Controller is available for purchase through Amazon Prime Now in my area? I can have that baby here in two hours, shall I take the plunge?

It's been actively available in my area via Amazon Prime Now for about a week and some odd days now. The controller itself is very solid, but I'm debating a return or selling it off as it turns out the Joy-Cons and grip aren't as bad as I initially thought.

Arkam

I bought one and very happy with my decision. Feels good in the hands and super nice not having to take off joycons every time you dock. Plus there is more resistance on the analog stick click, less accidental clicks. Though I prefer the +,-, Capture, Home buttons placement on the joycons.

Teterboro NJ Walmart had over 100 Switches in the days following release. Now they have none. So take the New Jersey talk with a grain of salt.

Drakken

Haunter, you do realize that this

A lot of places still have it in stock In New Jersey (USA).

is different than this

My friend bought 7 of them at Toys R Us.

There were a few at gamestops around me as well.

My roommate didn't pre-order anything with Switch. Was able to pick it up with breathe of the wild no problem.

Couple of days after release. They had over 20 in stock there.

And a few in each gamestop.

The fact that there were plenty of Switches available in some areas in the days after launch is believable (and known).

The (apparent) statement that there's some area in NJ (or in the US period) where there are lots of Switches still lying around is not so believable, hence people's skepticism.

Not a big deal, just seemed a bit disingenuous in a thread where everyone is trying to find a Switch now, not two weeks ago.

Haven't been on GAF in over 24 hours because my amazon.es Switch came in.

I can confirm that it works great and charges with a simple plug converter I got on Amazon.

Would not have known otherwise that wasn't an American system.

Just got back from Gamestop. I was able to pick up my Nyko charger set which includes a USB C cable and power adapter. I hope this will be okay to use. It is made for the Switch.

The guy said they were getting in a steady stream of units and I should have mine by mid next week or the begging of the week after.

470nm

Neo Member
Did anyone manage to get that Kohl's one that just popped up? I spent too much time making an account/putting in payment and i missed it.

Drakken

Did anyone manage to get that Kohl's one that just popped up? I spent too much time making an account/putting in payment and i missed it.

No. :-/

This was the first time I was actually around to hear an alert, but unfortunately I got hung up when attempting to log in. Apparently my password (which I literally just reset earlier today to ensure I was ready) wasn't correct. By the time I reset it for a 2nd time and logged in, the Switch was sold out. So now I'm sitting here with one in my Cart, but am unable to check out.

:feelsbadman:

Oh sweet, thanks for setting me straight. Didnt know Nintendo was manufacturing one themselves (so to speak). I kept seeing the SKU at all the stores for the one I linked so I assumed it was the 'official' one. Ill see if other retailers online have that one cuz those Amazon prices were cray cray. So much mark up.

I think a lot of people prefer the RDS one over the official one. There are many cases out there and each have their advantages and appeal to different users. So I wouldn't recommend you go for the official one just because it's the official one. It's a nice case in my opinion (and the included screen protector was a selling point for me), but if you want to fit anything more than the Switch with joycons attached, 5 carts, and a cleaning cloth or a cable, you're out of luck (no space for the joycon straps for example).

Giever

Got to say my mind is blown how hard it is to track down the official carry case (in any color). No stores my area have and Amazon says 1-2 months...

I just want my switch to be safe when I carry to the studio each day. Is that so much to ask for? This better be an amazing case when I finally get it.

On the plus side I found the amiibos I wanted easily (or maybe I just got lucky)

Toys R Us appears to have the official case in stock, and will ship-to-home.

My Switch made it from France to Germany to the UK to Philly in less than 24 hours. Shipping will never cease to amaze me.

Also, I went to GameStop yesterday to trade in some stuff for a copy of Zelda, and the guy made extra sure I knew they didn't have any Switches in stock. I told him mine was already on the way from Spain and he was surprised when I explained to him how easy it was and how it didn't cost me any extra.

Wow even Craigslist is dry around me. Under 20 listings ranging from 375 to 400+

If Nintendo is ramping up their annual production from 8 to 16 million starting April 2017, I hope it kills these marked up consoles. You'll start seeing a swarm of returned consoles soon.

thefro

The WSJ article also mentions the same sources tell WSJ that the month 1 shipments for Switch by March 31st are 2.5 million, not 2 million.

thatJohann

Oh man I would love to find a switch today on prime now or physical at NYC. I'm getting over a cold and would love to snuggle up with a switch in bed all weekend.

Oh man I would love to find a switch today on prime now or physical at NYC. I'm getting over a cold and would love to snuggle up with a switch in bed all weekend.

Yeah been in bed last few days with nasty cold and sinusitis, helps pass the time and help me get through it playing Zelda. So I hope you manage to snag one.

Kill3r7

Morris County.

My friend bought 7 of them at Toys R Us.

There were a few at gamestops around me as well.

My roommate didn't pre-order anything with Switch. Was able to pick it up with breathe of the wild no problem.

Which GS? I called around and even had the guy check and the answer was no.

As I said in my previous post, I don't believe you.

I'm in central NJ and was able to walk into a Best Buy on launch day and buy a Switch, accessories, and the LE Zelda with no problem. They had well over 100 consoles piles up in the geek squad area.

Went back late in the day to buy a pro controller and they still had 75+ systems.

Futureman

Which GS? I called around and even had the guy check and the answer was no.

that poster was talking about a few days after launch.

I think it's safe to say the Switch is effectively sold out across the US right now with word of possible restock next week (specifically info from Target).

Bigcanoe

Neo Member
Its Friday! And my WalMart order still says "Order Placed" and "undefined by Friday". So...I dont think I will be picking up my Switch today :(

If Nintendo is ramping up their annual production from 8 to 16 million starting April 2017, I hope it kills these marked up consoles. You'll start seeing a swarm of returned consoles soon.

Well the one thing to remember is it's over the year. It could still be a few weeks, or months, before the supply is strong. Some are acting like it will magically mean there is 8 million+ consoles out come end of April.

I'm in central NJ and was able to walk into a Best Buy on launch day and buy a Switch, accessories, and the LE Zelda with no problem. They had well over 100 consoles piles up in the geek squad area.

Went back late in the day to buy a pro controller and they still had 75+ systems.

As it's been said, the issue is not launch day or the first 2-3 days after. By the monday or tuesday they were starting to dry up more and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom