• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops |Sep 1st Reveal|

Stoney Mason said:
Any info yet on what the killstreaks are and the attached kill count number to get them?

I think the ones they've announced include mortar team, napalm, tomahawk, sam site, minigun and gunship.

Irish

Well, I never played CoD4 online (even though I had it day 1), loved W@W, hated MW2, and it appears as if Treyarch is looking to win me over once more. Why is it that they are considered the B-team again? (Note, I started with 4 and only played the campaigns in the MW games.)

"Ninja"? I wonder if that means heartbeat sensors are back or if they're calling Ninja Pro just Ninja since tier 3s don't have pro? If they do have pros, maybe it's Ninja Pro + Commando Pro.

Irish said:
Well, I never played CoD4 online (even though I had it day 1), loved W@W, hated MW2, and it appears as if Treyarch is looking to win me over once more. Why is it that they are considered the B-team again? (Note, I started with 4 and only played the campaigns in the MW games.)

They WERE considered the "B Team" because of Call of Duty 3, but after Modern Warfare 2, and depending on how Black Ops ultimately turns out 3 months after release, I don't thing the "B Team" moniker fits anymore.

Full Recovery said:
Um so you can still have Marathon + lightweight? wtf
I heard tier 3 is picked based on your tier 1 and 2 choices. So it will probably assign you a different perk. Unless that was just a rumor.

Mr Sandman said:
"Ninja"? I wonder if that means heartbeat sensors are back or if they're calling Ninja Pro just Ninja since tier 3s don't have pro? If they do have pros, maybe it's Ninja Pro + Commando Pro.

I think there would be riots if commando was back in.

Full Recovery said:

That wasn't the problem at all. The problem was when you COMBINED THOSE WITH COMMANDO AND THE TACTICAL KNIFE. That was almost a complete genre changing class. That stuff was First Person Knifing. As long as Commando is gone, we should be safe.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The stream just stated that anything that you can put down can be picked up again (like Claymores) and moved again - nice for the few times I accidentally put my Claymore down when I didn't want to.

No_Style

Full Recovery said:

I pray they tweaked Marathon to be like Extreme Conditioning. Extreme conditioning was fine as it was; extended sprint, but not game breaking.

Marathon Lightweights that use Ninja are a pain in the arse for me.

Now MLWs cant use ninja so I will hear them coming ahead of time on my headphones.

Dresden

Second Chance was a fun perk. Very annoying, but fun. Hopefully they tone it down from how ridiculously long it lasted in WaW, but keep the 'medic' part of it.

GillianSeed79 said:
I just hope the maps are good. There were only a couple I liked in MW2 and the best maps were the MW1 ones in the map packs.
One of treyarch's strengths is good map design, so I have faith.

Karram

As someone who has been trashing the game since they showed the first trailer. This trailer has really impressed me. I'm actually thinking about buying the game now.

What is the hardened perk?

And second chance? come on! Tactical insertion is also back, hopefully they found a way around its' exploits.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
the maps were awful in mw2 and even worse if you primarily played free for all.

johnFkennedy said:

And second chance? come on! Tactical insertion is also back, hopefully they found a way around its' exploits.

what was its exploits?

kuYuri

johnFkennedy said:

According to what I read, Hardened is basically Deep Impact.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
You sure about that? W@W had some real stinkers like Downfall and Seelow.
They still know how to build the large sized maps better than the other COD team. More thought goes into the routes/general layout of it all. There will always be stinkers though.

kuYuri

Killstreak list:

* 3 – Spy Plane
* 3 – RC XD
* 4 – Counter Spy Plane $1600
* 4 – Sam Turret $1600
* 5 – Care Package
* 5 – Napalm Strike
* 6 – Sentry Gun $3200
* 6 – Mortar Team
* 7 – Attack Helicopter
* 7 – Valkyrie Rockets $4000