• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony And Microsofts Next Generation Racers Rumored

Loudninja

Both of those games take inspiration from Project Gotham Racing? Yeah, uh, ok.
I know the Studio Liverpool guys have something going on, Loudninja posted something about them having a new futuristic racer (not WipEout) IP in the works, but that doesn't like that at all.
You mean ex liverpool devs?Some form a new studio called Sawfly.
And, then, the question we’re all asking. What’s happening with WipEout, and are Sawfly involved in any way? “We’re looking at a number of opportunities at the moment,” came the tactful reply, “and I would never write anything off, but you’re right to say it is not on the table at Sawfly. Our focus is really on our first title, and on our own IP. We can’t say too much about either right now, but the announcement will be coming soon on our first game.”
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/01/29/sawfly-studios-talk-wipeout-sony-liverpool-and-moving-on/

Ding-Ding

Right, this has split me. A new PGR is certainly very tempting and should be at the forefront of my thoughts.

Then again Ged Talbot's work backed by Evolution (loved PR and old WRC games) in an arcade style street racer, with hopefully some of GT's car models thrown in...Oh My!!!

B.O.O.M

Twist: You will play Visari. Quest : Kill Rico

haha actually I forgot who but I talked about it with another gaffer here and that's the idea we talked about too. A Helghan campaign with a new hero on a revenge quest to get Rico..would be GLORIOUS

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
PGR for next gen has been rumored forever and seemed to me to be more recently resurfaced in the forza OT by insider BADNED here. another 5 meaning not forza, pgr on its 5th iteration, pgr at launch tradition. also, lucid games teaser and now this. it all makes sense and makes me happy.

edit: aegies too.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
PGR for next gen has been rumored forever and seemed to me to be more recently resurfaced in the forza OT by insider BADNED here. another 5 meaning not forza, pgr on its 5th iteration, pgr at launch tradition. also, lucid games teaser and now this. it all makes sense and makes me happy.

Yeah, although, I don't know for nextgen, but PGR5 has been rumored to have been developed by Turn10 for a long while.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Since GG's game is mentioned in the article I'm going to post this here so it doesn't get lost in a sea of Kaz .gifs. I was just thinking and if Planetside 2 hits PS4 at launch then I bet GG's game is a new IP. It would be pointless to have two exclusive sci-fi FPS at launch, especially if Crysis 3 is also out near launch.

No kidding. PGR blew my mind when I first saw it.

Still does. The physics aren't "sim" enough to be a terrible GRID type game, but it's not arcade enough for a Burnout game, it's a perfect mix, and because of that, they don't really need 60fps... and when you have double the resources? You get beauties like PGR... that game man..

Agreed. Polyphony Digital takes too long to deliver their product. If these guys deliver a product of similar or better quality in half the time...

It sounds like Sony don't want to mix GT and another "style" of racer. Evolution is a Sony studio.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It was very interesting, so is there any chance that we are getting any trailer for e3 along with PS4/720?

Edited: Ah, OP got banned.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I have to say that, outside of F1 games, I'm not really into sim car racers but I always did enjoy the arcade style gameplay of the PGR games. I'd definitely buy a new one whenever I get around to buying a Durango but they better keep bikes in.

Ding-Ding

Maybe Sony could get the Metropolis street racer IP from Sega.

Does MS own "kudos"?

The last I heard the kudos system was retained by Bizarre as a throwback from their MSR days.

When I looked I couldn't find any further info. So its unknown if its activisions property or someone senior in BC that has it (like Chudley or a Lucid bod)

Either way, MS could of done a deal or just come at it from a different angle

abadguy

Banned
Just glad to see them keeping the tradition of Xbox consoles launching with a PGR game intact. PGR3 still looks great and 4 is probably one of the best ( if not the best) looking racers of this gen, IMO.

rdrr gnr

So, I can infer the PGR stuff from the partial quotes -- but what was the Sony rumor?

A GT spin-off that isn't a spin-off?

Zeal

Banned
It was just because of self-promotion.

12916810.jpg

velociraptor

I would love to see a return to form for Midtown Madness. I loved playing Midtown Madness on Xbox. The 8 player level in paris was cool.

Or maybe the Halo Kart. That could be fun... with crazy space levels, playable characters like Grunt and Baby Sarge.

I remember spending hours and hours on Midtown Madness 2 on PC. What a game that was.

I was hoping for a new MotorStorm but it seems we're getting something so much better.

Can't wait.

Guess I'll have to wait for WRC4/Dirt 4 for my off-road racing fix.

Top Bottom