• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks, anyone know if the print copies are a limited run?

Considering retail is the main driving sales force in Japan, I don't think they'll underproduce this overseas except for the Pizza Box Edition. There's no indication that it's a limited run.

BBboy20

Well, we finally made it.

SlN1XGJ.jpg
mXJD312.gif

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
First game I've ever paid full price for / pre-ordered on Steam. Let's do this!

DrAg0nBoY

Would like to take that for my new avatar:
x1tdxXE.png

And can't wait for the game. 5 more days. Played DMC4 on my PS3, will play DMC4SE on my PC.

Carbonox

yissssssssssssssssssssssss

With Capcom seemingly completely absent from E3 (embargo? still time for one more surprise of E3 week?), this will suffice in more ways than one.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Damn that other thread's title for mentally conditioning me to expect June 18 as the release day.

5 more days dammit!

Tizoc

i PRE-ordered from playasia but I don't see it showing up anywhere in myaccount details >_>;
My card was charged for it though.

How often is one's account updated to show that the order has been shipped?

correojon

This may be the game that makes me play something else than Splatoon.

It was my first DMC and I still play it from time to time.

Let´s rock!

Ah nuts. I missed the "Japan only" part of July 18th and now I'm left with a warmed-up PS4 and no Vergil for five days.

#NowI'mNeedlesslyMotivated

Tizoc

PS4GAF
US PSN is having a 'Buy for $100 get $15 back'
The $15 code is sent to you on July, this offer ends on the 23rd.

Now may be good time to grab DMC4SE and a few other things you want if you've been holding out.

Just double dipping and get the Steam ver. for $18.75 off of GMG~

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is Bloody Palace unlocked right from the start for Vergil? Any word on which version will be superior?

I believe Bloody Palace still needs to be unlocked by first beating the story. Once unlocked, it should be available to all characters though.

PC will likely always be superior because of better resolution, fps higher than 60, and mods. If there are any differences between the two console versions, we don't know about it yet.

Esque7

Never played this before and it sounds well optimized, so hopefully my new laptop can run it well. Is the DMC3 port still shit?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Never played this before and it sounds well optimized, so hopefully my new laptop can run it well. Is the DMC3 port still shit?

Yes, but it's still playable. The style switching mod on nexus mods combines the patch and controller support needed to play. The only other outstanding issue is some music incompatibility with certain sound cards that can be remedied by removing certain sound files.

It's also still sort of a resource hog. But once all is said and done, it looks and plays pretty well after some work is put into it.

Seyavesh

it's serviceable with the style switching mod as that incorporates all the fixes and stuff into it more or less

plus you get to do dumb style switch things like timestop->acid rain
zj4azPn.gif

(it's so jarring coming back to dmc3 acid rain after how good it is in marvel 3...)

BadWolf

You can always get the PS2 game and run it on PCSX2, even my crappy PC was able to run it no problem and there were no emulation issues.

It also lets you use save states so it's very easy to practice specific areas if you want.

Xevren

Super excited for this, can't wait for it to be out next week. Also love the theme that came for pre-ordering this.

So anyone wondering about the GAF true style tournament I'll be setting up a Google form submission approximately around launch day.. You can submit entries more than once, just number them or something otherwise I will pick a random one. you're submitting your own YouTube video links..

So anyone wondering about the GAF true style tournament I'll be setting up a Google form submission approximately around launch day.. You can submit entries more than once, just number them or something otherwise I will pick a random one. you're submitting your own YouTube video links..

Any recommendations on what I can use to record for PC version?

Yes! Can't wait, I spent so many hours playing DMC4.

Top Bottom