• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
They tried way to hard with the tropes. Here's the rich asshole boyfriend. The dumb drug dealer pot head. The girl who for some reason dates the asshole.

Jason just seemed off. Especially since he kept the girl alive.

The movie like tried to hard. Jason X at least knew it was campy and leaned into it.

Were you playing with your phone when you watched it? There's a reason the girl was alive.
As for the rest... this series just isn't for you.

ElRenoRaven

Oh so much salt to be had. I love it. Just got done with a game. I found the gas, battery, and keys and did all the work on a car. Tommy comes up and we're getting in as two other dopes come running dragging Jason behind them. They're like wait up we can fight him. I was like fuck that shit and Tommy and I took off as soon as Jason changed direction toward the car.

Needless to say those 2 got destroyed by Jason as he cried about Tommy not staying behind to give up his spot or die for them. Tommy had already used his shotgun too. This chick in the chat just straight up called him out on his crying too. He was like no Tommy is supposed to stay behind. And just kept arguing with her about Tommy doesn't get anything for escaping. He does of course. She called him out too. She was like you should have taken that moment to ditch your buddy, stealth off behind the cabin and then make for the cops who were already there.

Neverfade

That "stun" animation on Jason just absolutely kills my boner. They couldn't come up with anything else? Just something that doesn't make it looks like he's lagging would be fine.

Me and this mute guy were palling around fixing up the boat and as we were finishing up some random ass dude strolls up and starts standing there trying to take my seat. I was just like ??? so I beat his ass down with a wrench and hopped in while he was staggered.

Obscura

Got the game a few hours ago. Absolutely loving it, warts and all.

Do we know the status of Jason X? DLC or licensing issues?

Pilgrimzero

And Jason raped Chris in part 3. Him keeping a girl made sense. And characters are tropes in F13? No...Can't believe that.

Um, no he didn't.

Like I said they were trying to hard with the tropes. It came off more amateurish. It's been done before and better in this series.

Ganhyun

So is there any way to buy this off of Amazon for XB1? I have some credit on Amazon I would like to put towards this if possible.

Big Chungus

sorry but this pic made me laugh...

cxBYE9P.png

looks like 2 medium size pizzas

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.facebook.com/Fridaythe13thGame/posts/1782969255051898

F13 UPDATE - Monday, May 29th, 5 pm EST

OK, we made some big strides late last night and into the morning. We found several issues that were causing the database errors, missing XP, infinite saving while customizing characters, and perks not saving or appearing properly. Our number one focus was getting players past the database login error screen. Once we got to around 50K concurrent players, the database would not scale properly. We shut down all servers this morning to migrate the database to a larger cluster to help with scaling. Once we started servers back up, we could support 90K concurrent players. That’s good!

However, we are aware of the following issues that persist.

Login Database Error - Can’t sign in
XP not saving or lost XP
Infinite “saving” when customizing counselor, Jason, equipping kills, etc.
Perks not saving or not appearing properly once “saved”.
Can’t use Quick Play on XB1

What’s going on?

After 10 hours of digging around in the database, we discovered a few things. Right now we are pushing too much data across our database. Your player profile save data is too big, especially if you’re a higher level with lots of unlocks/perks/etc. It works just fine when there are only 30-40K players. Once that number grows, the database starts lagging. This lag is what keeps some players out AND causes all the weird XP, saving issues outlined above. In addition, we still need to scale to meet the demand which we’ve had a phase 2 of the database upgrade planned that we are working on today.

The Quick Play issue with XB1 requires a patch to fix. Meaning we can’t fix this “live” on our end. This requires our partner to help.

OK, how do you fix this?

We have made some good optimizations for retrieving and storing the player profile. We have cut down the calls made to retrieving and saving happen a bunch less. In addition, we have cut down the amount of data that is being saved to the database.

Cool, when do we get these fixes?

Steam users will get a patch late tonight or early tomorrow. PSN users will get this patch tomorrow. XB1 will probably be Wednesday. This isn’t because of favoritism, it’s simply how patches/hot fixes get rolled out. There is no certification process on Steam. Once we have a fix, we click a button, it goes live in 30 mins. PS and XB both have a rapid patch system, but they need to be certified by both PS/XB and this will take time due to today being a US holiday.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/869205338968535040

LOL

Man, growing up loving the Friday the 13th movies, this game is a dream come true.

I can only imagine how good it will be when they get the bugs ironed out and change up some balance issues.

Also, for anyone wanting to get into the Friday the 13th movies. I recommend checking some digital codes communities. People were selling the entire series UV codes for $7 -$14.

LUXURY

Man. The people leaving as soon as it starts or if they get killed is seriously sad. It takes away from the experience if you ask me.

Also, these achievements are bugged on Steam. I'm getting one for using each counselor, but I don't even have them all unlocked yet things I know I've done I haven't unlocked achievements for.

HiiiLife

Man. The people leaving as soon as it starts or if they get killed is seriously sad. It takes away from the experience if you ask me.

Also, these achievements are bugged on Steam. I'm getting one for using each counselor, but I don't even have them all unlocked yet things I know I've done I haven't unlocked achievements for.

I don't blame the people who get the short end of the stick and are killed one minute in. I've seen plenty of times counselors spawn by the main cabin, just for Jason to immediately teleport there and run their stamina down. Watching for 19 minutes would be as ridiculous as these spawns.

I don't blame the people who get the short end of the stick and are killed one minute in. I've seen plenty of times counselors spawn by the main cabin, just for Jason to immediately teleport there and run their stamina down. Watching for 19 minutes would be as ridiculous as these spawns.

Maybe if the game morphed into an infected type game where if you die you come back as a random monster ala cabin in the woods

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
After 3 days of playing I still don't have the kill 13 counselors trophy. I have cleaned out 8 people multiple times....Can't wait to get that 1313 one....

HiiiLife

Maybe if the game morphed into an infected type game where if you die you come back as a random monster ala cabin in the woods

They just need to figure something out with the spawns, or his immediate teleport. If you're slicing someone down at 19:10 it just makes the game unfun for counselors and will encourage constant leavers. Who in their right mind wants to watch the 6 others for that long? Lol. Maybe give us a little more time before teleportation is ready.

bitbydeath

Doesn't it take a few mins for Jason to travel over to everyone or am I doing it wrong?

bunbun777

Got the game, couldn't connect to database. Then I did and who knows how long the match took to start but I woke up to the controller vibrating, I was killed immediately. Watched the game and the next one I was Jason, got 6/8. Going to wait until it gets dark outside to continue playing.

iamtheb

Man, growing up loving the Friday the 13th movies, this game is a dream come true.

I can only imagine how good it will be when they get the bugs ironed out and change up some balance issues.

Also, for anyone wanting to get into the Friday the 13th movies. I recommend checking some digital codes communities. People were selling the entire series UV codes for $7 -$14.

Care to PM a link to one of those communities?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
These fucking wait times. I just want to join a quick match ffs. Waiting over 10 mins now. Damn this shit is frustrating. Game is super fun when I can actually play the fucking thing.

Played a ton of games but was only Jason once. I hope they patch something in that fixes this cuz being Jason is too much fun.

Noticed that Jason 6 seems to be the most used Jason I've encountered. I've only seen part 2 Jason twice. He'd be my default Jason.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I can't get more than 4 players in a Quick Game now. It's like there's a limit on players or something.

Played a ton of games but was only Jason once. I hope they patch something in that fixes this cuz being Jason is too much fun.

Noticed that Jason 6 seems to be the most used Jason I've encountered. I've only seen part 2 Jason twice. He'd be my default Jason.

Part 6 is the best I've seen so far. Starts with throwing darts, and regenerates shift and sense like a motherfucker. I'm using Part 2 right now though, since he's rare as hell. Haven't seen a single part 8 or 9 yet.

That has been my life tonight as rocker chick. I should have recorded the amount of insta-choke deaths I received. Truly frustrating mechanic.

Corven

I'm having a lot of fun playing this game but i do have one issue. I mostly play quick matches and the times when I end up in a lobby with good people (joke around, actually uses their mics),
I play 2 to 3 matches with them and as the last match is loading back into the group lobby I instead load back to the main menu where the game proceeds to search for a new session, frustrates the heck out of me.

He's the first one you get from leveling and most people probably aren't that high level yet, I'm seeing more and more part 2's and beyond as the days go on.

hamsjams

After more than 20 straight rounds as a counselor I finally got to play Jason for the first time. I didn't do any damage to a single counselor and everyone escaped by boat or police. That was really painful. All this waiting for nothing...

Stiler

Just got out of a match finally playing as the Tom Savini Jason, so much fun.

I happened to check the map near the end and see people trying to escape on the boat, I warp in the direction they are going and end up catching the boat and throwing both of them out, then drowned both of them.

Jmille99

Finally got to enjoy some private matches with some Gaffers. Most fun Ive had so far and even got to be Jason for the first time. Hoping to play with more of you in the future (IwillKILLurGOD on PSN)

Spman2099

So, I am playing Breath of the Wild while during the load times of Friday the 13th... While BotW is definitely an excellent game, and is incredibly beautifully crafted, it never leaves me shaking with adrenaline. In fact, few games have ever been able to affect me like this one.

Similarly, while you can lay clever traps and be pretty inventive in BotW, it doesn't have the same exhilaration as when I do something similar in Friday the 13th. Once it became obvious to me that we simply weren't going to find the gas can in the last game, I was able to booby trap three cabins, and hold on to enough items, to run the clock. I took Jason for a ride, and I lived, just as he had taken out my last line of defense and wounded me. The game ended and my hands were shaking.

It is a messy game in a lot of ways, but damn does it have some high highs.

Top Bottom