• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

They are doing
Mecha Hitler
, aren't they? I hope they do. Jeff would be so happy
I'm not gonna buy this on day one, hopefully they do what they did last time and I get an uncut version a bit later on. Thanks oti because of your dumb country of choice we poor innocent Austrians also have to suffer from censorship.

(And after the latest election results here a good ol' Nazi stomping would be much appreciated)

oti

Banned
I am amazed how every single possible lesson they could have taken from the actually quite wonderful Sonic Colors, perhaps about complex multilayered level design, or the interesting use of situational powers, or the engaging colorful artstyle, or the good music, they keep completely fucking missing

Take Sonic Colors. Tighten up Sonic's jump a bit. Make the bite sized levels feel a bit less like they came off an assembly line. Boom, you have the best modern Sonic game and its not even that hard

Yeah, that OR another Sonic Boom trainwreck QL.
🤔

Difficult choice, to be honest.

let me tell you about a game called Mafia 3

The latter third of that game is so fucking cathartic, especially the segment where
you start rescuing people from the ongoing slave trade. Stopping that auction mission felt so, so wonderful

e: for the record I played through M1 and M2 this year and I gotta say, that series only gets worse for me. Still enjoyed 3, but I hope they can take some of the best parts of it and attribute it to a sequel with a better gameplay loop. The nemesis system attached to a ring of drug runners you are trying to exact revenge on, where every boss is a developed character like in Mafia 3 and not just another Orc sounds soooo good to me

Also consider that being well-rested will make you more productive in your waking hours than you would otherwise be, so you may still come out even or ahead.

jaina

Then I'll have learned a very valuable lesson about pre-ordering. 45€ worth, to be exact.

Now that you mentioned it, I think this is the first time I've pre-ordered a digital game. Ever.

0ad9XWa.png
where did you pre-order Odyssey? I finally decided on getting the digital version and amazon.fr is region locking the eshop code.

I've been getting by on 5-6 hours of sleep on weekdays for most of my life. I have been taking more naps as I approach 30. They're pretty good.

I get all my shit done at the office properly while also having enough time to play games and work on a side gig. Basically no social life on the weekdays though!

Also, I told myself I'd be sleeping early but here I am still up posting on GAF at 1:25am.

oti

Banned
where did you pre-order Odyssey? I finally decided on getting the digital version and amazon.fr is region locking the eshop code.

;)

I pre-ordered from Amazon France. The Switch itself is region free. Worst case I'd need to change the region from one of my additional Switch accounts to France. Not a big deal for me.

jaina

haha, Abby is using the Six Crazy Frights alternate names in the episode file names.. Scream Capture, Ghost Whisperer, Ghost Problems, Ghost Russellers, ...

;)

I pre-ordered from Amazon France. The Switch itself is region free. Worst case I'd need to change the region from one of my additional Switch accounts to France. Not a big deal for me.

yeah I don't even expect the eshop version itself to be locked, it's showing EFIG languages.
Just amazon.fr I guess. Maybe you ordered before they built the wall or used a French billing address.

'Circumstances beyond our control' is vaguer than GB usually is with things like this. Usually they'd just say "Because of issues with the cameras' or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom