• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Buddy of mine got me into this last week and I have been playing a bunch. Fun, simple, and frustrating.

I bounce between Warlock/Shaman/Preist and win maybe one out of every three or four games. Casual I think I am 8-17, ranked I know I am 1-3. Is there any way to see what my record actually is? Couldnt figure it out when I looked around earlier.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Buddy of mine got me into this last week and I have been playing a bunch. Fun, simple, and frustrating.

I bounce between Warlock/Shaman/Preist and win maybe one out of every three or four games. Casual I think I am 8-17, ranked I know I am 1-3. Is there any way to see what my record actually is? Couldnt figure it out when I looked around earlier.

Nothing within the client. I would recommend you download the Hearthstone Deck Tracker. That will show you what cards are still left in your deck, will keep track of your games, and will even save replays.

Probably just drop the Krul and fit in a Void Walker instead or Imp Gang Boss. There aren't enough demons in the deck yet quite a few demon synergy cards (Void Caller, Malganis, Krull, Bloodreaver).
Nah. Krul is clutch because it makes Mal'Ganis and Dreadsteed playable without a Voidcaller or major tempo loss.

Edit: like Yaboosh said, IGB is terrible with Guldan. Plus Priest is 30% of your matches do it gets PoM all the time. I don't play my Dreadsteeds against Priest until I play Geist.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Probably just drop the Krul and fit in a Void Walker instead or Imp Gang Boss. There aren't enough demons in the deck yet quite a few demon synergy cards (Void Caller, Malganis, Krull, Bloodreaver).

Imp gang boss is very seldomly played in DK decks because of the awful synergy.

I now have every DK except for druid. Done opening KFT packs.

gutshot

Yay free stuff! That dual class Arena sounds interesting. What is going to be the best combo of class stuff and hero power?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I understood why it worked the way it did, but now it just seems like an exception to the rules rather than somehow working by them.

Regardless it sounds like the Hallow's End stuff should be fun. Dual class arenas seem like a fun idea, and free arena runs are always good.

wiibomb

if anyone is wondering abou what the hallow's end event is:

https://youtu.be/hTP4pMKUquQ

basically 1 free arena ticket + 1 pack for each of the 2 weeks.

anyone knows if HS tracks multiple arena tickets? because this arena reset would mean 1 free ticket for the event + 1 free arena ticket for the reset on the 24th

Lord Jaraxxus no longer triggers Repentance, Sacred Trial, and Snipe.

This issue has been in the game since it launched?

Wasn't an issue, it was hard coded to work like that I believe.

IIRC, Sacred Trial would trigger the animation with Jaraxxus, but he wouldn't die. I remember seeing it in a Toast video, although I suppose it's possible it was "fixed" at some point.

NOTE: If you have an Arena run in progress when Hallow’s End begins on October 24, then it will be retired and you’ll receive the normal rewards for the number of wins you achieved and a free Arena ticket. In the hours just before the beginning and conclusion of Hallow’s End on October 24 and November 6, it will temporarily be impossible to purchase a new Arena ticket.

Seems easily exploitable, ie: start a run, play until you get two losses, then sit on it. You get the rewards accumulated and a free Arena ticket after.

hollomat

Banned
if anyone is wondering abou what the hallow's end event is:

https://youtu.be/hTP4pMKUquQ

basically 1 free arena ticket + 1 pack for each of the 2 weeks.

anyone knows if HS tracks multiple arena tickets? because this arena reset would mean 1 free ticket for the event + 1 free arena ticket for the reset on the 24th

The way I read it is that the arena ticket for the reset is the free ticket for the event. So in the scenario above, you’d only get one ticket and not two.

Would love to be wrong though.

Looking forward to the arena shake up. Also really really glad they got rid of the synergy picks. I play arena almost exclusively and the synergy picks were implemented so poorly.

For best dual class I’m thinking rogue hero with mage power. Rogue has the best cards in arena currently and mage has best arena hero power. Additionally rogue cards synergize well with cards from another class.

gutshot

Seems easily exploitable, ie: start a run, play until you get two losses, then sit on it. You get the rewards accumulated and a free Arena ticket after.

I don't think you get an extra free ticket, just the regular one you would get from logging in. Right? Otherwise, yeah, it's like some free Arena rewards.

Spells that are canceled by Counterspell will now trigger any “Whenever you cast a spell” and “After you cast a spell” effects.
This seems incredibly significant to me, but I can't think of many situations off the top of my head. Flamewaker?

Lord Jaraxxus no longer triggers Repentance, Sacred Trial, and Snipe.
Lame change. Why do this?
Unlicensed Apothecary now reads: “After you summon a minion, deal 5 damage to your hero.” It will no longer activate from any Evolve effects.
Bad for trollden, but good for the game.

It is no longer possible to cancel Choose One cards before the choices appear, this should resolve issues where the Choose One effect could be canceled too easily.
Good change.
Hearthstone’s engine has been updated to Unity version 5.6.
Hearthstone is coded in Unity?!

Animations for Mimic Pod, Chromaggus, Shifting Shade, Ghastly Conjurer, and Cutpurse should no longer have a long pause.
More of this, PLEASE. Just faster effects in general would be appreciated. Playing Knife Juggler into any mass minion summon is a slog.

Mana-cost reductions on cards such as Dragon’s Breath, Solemn Vigil, Everyfin is Awesome, and Obsidian Shard will now apply after all other mana cost changes, such as the effects from cards like Naga Sea Witch.
Doubling down on the Sea Witch buff. :(

Arena

Vicious Fledgling can no longer be drafted in the Arena.
lmao

wiibomb

guys, it's confirmed from the forum:

Does the free arena ticket from having your arena run cancelled stack with the free arena ticket from logging in on the 24th-30th? Or is it just the 1?

Correct! These tickets should stack.

Hearthstone is coded in Unity?!

don't tell me you have never wondered why HS as a digital card game is so inefficient in performance and pc resource management.

guys, it's confirmed from the forum:

don't tell me you have never wondered why HS as a digital card game is so inefficient in performance and pc resource management.
My laptop is pretty good, so I've never noticed or checked. I chalked any issues up to lolblizzard troubleshooting.

https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel...chmaking-tricks-to-sell-in-game-items-w509288

But of course I'm paranoid for thinking Blizzard does anything funny with their matchmaking currently. I'm sure it's all honest and random!

hopefully by the end of the week or the next week.

I've been seeing they are getting better at performance, but last year HS could easily take up 500MB in RAM alone, it was terrible.
Oh crazy. I usually just have a web browser open with HS and don't notice.

Pyromancer

Ew. Not liking this change.

Dahbomb

That Call of Duty matchmaking system is some fucked up shit.

No wonder players start having conspiracy theories about MM in general.

Imagine if this was in HS. You start playing and all you see is players using a deck with a ton of Epics and Legendaries. Though that happens so naturally in HS that I doubt Blizzard even needs to implement a system like that.

wiibomb

Imagine if this was in HS. You start playing and all you see is players using a deck with a ton of Epics and Legendaries. Though that happens so naturally in HS that I doubt Blizzard even needs to implement a system like that.

there is no way to be sure this isn't implemented in HS right now. That worries me. That would also mean that what they are saying about making the new players ladder better would mean shit if they have that algorithm in place

When I saw the story about the patent I knew people would jump at the opportunity to claim matchmaking is rigged. Still no evidence. Just a new talking point that is again conjecture.

hollomat

Banned

It’s just a patent. I don’t think it’s implemented in call of duty or any Activision games. At least not yet.

Not to mention the claims about matchmaking being rigged have been it's based on your winrate.

This patent is basically not applicable to hearthstone because you can't buy specific cards.

VoxPop

Sweet some free packs and arena runs. I was lttp on the HCT prediction packs :(

Just built a highlander priest since everyone else seems to be running it too. It's fun and effective but games are so long.
Priest vs priest games are the worst though and is totally dependent on draw.

Currently at rank 7. Hoping to get my first legend rank this month 👍 Furthest I've been is the final star of rank 2. Gonna take a shitload of patience and dedication

Yo I have a friend who got the Warlock hero ez pz with GPS spoofing, in case anyone was wondering if that worked.

Was just to about to post actually, I was able to do the same. Takes a bit of trial and error but really wasn't too much of a hassle to be honest.

Screw you and your shitty requirements Blizzard.

teach me plz

Download Nox.

On the right side is the menu, find the one that lets you update your location. Change it to one where there's a Fireside Tavern.

Download and install Hearthstone from the Google Play store within Nox.

Once you login, click the Friends thing in the bottom left hand corner, then click the arrow next to your name at the top and select Fireside Gathering which should let you Scan from there.

From there it should auto join it. Make sure in the bottom left where it shows friends online that he number isn't 0 or 1. If it's a really low number you'll have to reboot and try again. It took me four tries until it finally showed the correct number (17 people for me).

Once you get to that point just select the 3v3 Brawl and go through until it shows the list of people to challenge. Just keep trying to challenge different people from there and it should eventually go through. Once you get into the game you can concede and bam, Nemsy is yours.

Edit: Probably worth noting that using Reddit is a good idea. Decent number of people posting on there to try and get people to all go to the same Tavern and make it a bit easier.

Fewr

This is what a deleted post on Reddit said:

Anyone who is on Android, try the following:

1. update HS client

2. download Fake GPS from the app store

3. Select Go To and point it to 38.6135145, 27.429862400000047

4. challenge anyone there to the brawl

5. profit

edit: This should work with any other / future Fireside Taverns; use the Blizzard FSG locator to find Taverns then convert the address into latitude and longitude (lots of websites will do this for you).

Pooya

well that was easy. we didn't get ban for galaxy spoof, doubt they'd do anything for this lol.

doesn't seem to work on desktop version, it doesn't use GPS/location service. It's wifi based.

What's the Choose One bug and how is it significant?

I didn't know Shadowform could upgrade Voidform. Does it deal 3 damage?

It deals 3 damage but you can't refresh it anymore - it's a downgrade. In earlier versions of DK Anduin, it was going to interact with Shadowform in some way. They decided not to in the end, but they probably left some code in that makes it interact in such a way.

bunbun777

Found one in SF, but after I got the card back realized it wasn't actually a tavern fireside gathering so no new skin. Currently in the Alaskan one which is a tavern, but no-one else is here. Someone come duel me please!

Top Bottom