• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Portal game for Switch/PC/PS4/XBO/mobile announced - Bridge Constructor Portal

MDSLKTR

Ah I see the good old switch being the ultimate gamer console that other platforms are not worth being mentioned in the thread title meme is still going strong 🤔
The real news is that something new portal related is coming out.

Blam

unnamed.jpg

Could be potentially incredible.

Everyone is down on it based on the trailer, but if you showed me a trailer with the first stage in the original Portal I wouldn’t have thought you could make an incredible, nay even halfway decent game surrounding the concept.

DonF

Most serious misleading title of 2017. It's a new bridge constructor game, portal themed.

trikster40

I can’t believe this was teased. Why do people get our hopes up only to watch us cringe in misery? Portal 2 was one of the best games I’ve played in a long time. What’s next, Half-Life Tap-Tap?

JP

Not sure what I think about this yet, could be interesting. Do we know if it's made by the same people who made the other games?

Sailent

Banned
From the creators of "Artifact: A dota 2 card game", comes "Portal: Bridge builder edition".

Cool.

No.

I think how its hilarious how people still put their faith in this company, that now only cares about profits,A mobile game, after what, 7 or 8 years? nice

Maddrical

What is with all these fucking dumbass comments whinging about Valve? They gave the developer of Bridge Constructor permission to use the Portal IP; from what I can see they've already made some spin-offs like Stunts, Medieval & Trains. This is just with the Portal IP. I've never been interested in the series but as a fan of Portal this looks neat and I'll probably check it out.

So many sticks in asses in this thread.

EDIT: Screenshots look even better! I'm in.

What is with all these fucking dumbass comments whinging about Valve? They gave the developer of Bridge Constructor permission to use the Portal IP; from what I can see they've already made some spin-offs like Stunts, Medieval & Trains. This is just with the Portal IP. I've never been interested in the series but as a fan of Portal this looks neat and I'll probably check it out.

People hated trials of blood dragon too

Think of this game as the Metroid Prime: Federation Force of Portal and then you'll see why people have "sticks up their asses." The complaints are justified.

Maddrical

ロキー;253096284 said:
Think of this game as the Metroid Prime: Federation Force of Portal and then you'll see why people have "sticks up their asses." The complaints are justified.

That game was published by Nintendo, so they put money into the development. This game does not. If anything they might've paid Valve for the licence to use Portal.

That game was published by Nintendo, so they put money into the development. This game does not. If anything they might've paid Valve for the licence to use Portal.

I wasn't talking about the publishing or money when I referenced Federation Force. Valve is responsible for their IP and who they license/contract it to just like Nintendo is responsible for Metroid. They did a complete 180 of what fans wanted. If they announced this bridge game alongside a new Portal game you wouldn't be seeing any complaints.

Your logic saying that fan complaints aren't justified just because they licensed it is bullshit.

Top Bottom