• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Media Event - 1080p AppleTV, 4G/LTE 2048x1536 iPad, same price, Mar 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ipad 1 has served me well, after I saw the ipad 2 I knew I could wait another year since in my eyes the ipad 2 wasn't really a worthy upgrade.
But now, my wallet trembles as it knows I'll be buying the ipad 3 for sure, it seems like an awesome upgrade specially coming from the ipad 1

Sanjuro

I bought a Snickers bar the other day because I was hungry and wanted it right then and there. Apparently those bars have been replaced today with bars featuring 30% more! WTF SNICKERS?!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It's not like iPad 2 is a bad product, I fucking love mine with the rich Red Corinthian leather cover and ten hours of battery life.

It's a great product. I don't suppose there would be a lot of difference in 90% of daily usage between 2 & 3 but there is not denying that screen will be awesome.

Leckan

The killswitch is called iOS6. Apple hides system crippling software under the guise of a feature-filled operating system. Everyone gets a shittier experience on older devices and want to upgrade as a result!

Like clockwork.

...and that's not even really a lie in my mind. I have no doubt that Apple gives much less of a shit about older hardware..

Is this even legal? Are you forced to upgrade the software if you have an older model?

So excited. My launch iPad is starting to show its age and obesity compared to the iPad 2, super interested to see the improvements for #3.

I hope the person responsible for the continuation of skootermorphic design was fired and sent to Andy Rubien for reeducation. They better fucking change the wallpaper too!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
My ipad 1 has served me well, after I saw the ipad 2 I knew I could wait another year since in my eyes the ipad 2 wasn't really a worthy upgrade.
But now, my wallet trembles as it knows I'll be buying the ipad 3 for sure, it seems like an awesome upgrade specially coming from the ipad 1

I'm in the same boat. It will end up being my number one goto device. My poor macbook pro will sit in the corner and sulk at me.

The most accurate reaction:

1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

Tron 2.0

Is this even legal? Are you forced to upgrade the software if you have an older model?

They give you a 48 hour grace period before Tim Cook kicks down your door and forcibly updates your device while Phil Schiller sits on you and laughs.

It's not legal, but this is Obama's America.

noah111

Still Alive
I'm in the same boat. It will end up being my number one goto device. My poor macbook pro will sit in the corner and sulk at me.
Yup, exact same situation here. I even plan on taking my 3G sim out of my USB dongle that I use for internet access on my MBP, and put it in an iPad 3 with hotspot capabilities.

Can't fucking wait.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm having second thoughts about giving my iPad OG to my wife. That thing is going to crash and she will be flummoxed about it. Frustrated if it happens too often. She will have no idea why it isn't working the way it should. In my mind, though, I'm giving her the OG because she has few needs outside web browsing and doesn't care about tech.

It may backfire on me.

Yaska

Think I will be getting the pad. My first Apple product, kinda shame that I have to install itunes (I hate the amount of useless (to me) stuff it brings with it) to use it but oh well.

jts

...hate me...
I'm having second thoughts about giving my iPad OG to my wife. That thing is going to crash and she will be flummoxed about it. Frustrated if it happens too often. She will have no idea why it isn't working the way it should. In my mind, though, I'm giving her the OG because she has few needs outside web browsing and doesn't care about tech.

It may backfire on me.
You tell me, Ima sell my og to my gf and break up with her 1 week later.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
*goes and by Apple Stock for the incoming short*

Speaking of stocks...I'm fully prepared for the "Look at Apple's stock taking a dive! This conference is a bomba!" posts. Everytime...

Tron 2.0

Think I will be getting the pad. My first Apple product, kinda shame that I have to install itunes (I hate the amount of useless (to me) stuff it brings with it) to use it but oh well.

Good news! You haven't needed iTunes since iOS 5 was released!

The iPad 3 is surely to be one of the most desirable pieces of technology when it arrives next month, but I still don't see the need for one in my life.

Can you please tell me how often you use your iPad and what you actually do on it?

Browsing looks okay but it's better on my iMac.

All I can really think of having it for is the games, and even then they don't appeal to me as much as PlayStation Vita games.

Anyway can't wait to get into an Apple store to look at this ridiculous display.

Zeth

Speaking of stocks...I'm fully prepared for the "Look at Apple's stock taking a dive! This conference is a bomba!" posts. Everytime...

My biggest concern is whether they will have the balls to call this thing "retina".

Do they think people just won't care?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
My biggest concern is whether they will have the balls to call this thing "retina".

Do they think people just won't care?

:lol

I'm glad I recognize your avatar because a comment like that would have sufficiently baited me into whipping out my "this bitch is gonna be Retina" graph again.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Apple stock usually goes down after these things.

I know. I'm talking about selling before hand. The mainstream media will be reporting this the next couple of days which will shoot it up. AAPL is already up over 5 points since this news broke.

mrkgoo

That photo is so unimaginative. I much prefer their use of graphics.

I wouldn't have thought it would be photoshop, since taking a photo is not that hard, but that finger looks tiny... Or the iPad looks huge. I mean, I have tiny fingers, and my tips cover up an app icon.

Heel

I think this might be my first Apple device. I've been in the market for a Kindle so I figure a retina iPad would be great for that and a lot more.

It may backfire on me.

I won't even give my OG to my mom for this reason. I can't even read the LA Times website without it crashing. Last thing I want is my mom calling me at 11 p.m. at night to ask me why it's happening.

But man oh man... made sure my credit card info is ready and I'll be skipping whatever is scheduled at GDC during that time to make sure I get my order in. I don't want to be bouncing with excitement when someone is trying to talk (or fuming if I cannot get through).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom