• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Philippo

I'm just hoping for a fucking battle Royale with the Zoldyck's, the Phantom Troupe, The Princes themselves, Kurapika and Hisoka. Shit maybe Ging will even show up.

No way, we aren't even at the first stop (the fake DC), no need to create all the battles now, save something for when they reach the actual continent.

DrD

Kurapika still op I see lol

I enjoyed this chapter, hopefully the pace picks up a bit from here now that a lot of the explanation is out of the way
I've seen people that think Kurapika is only good against the Spiders. He can use all his chains except Chain Jail against non-Spiders and has 100% efficiency in all nen categories with Emperor Time, he's pretty damn strong for someone that hasn't been using nen for very long. I'm looking forward to seeing his master in action too, he seems to know his stuff.

I've seen people that think Kurapika is only good against the Spiders. He can use all his chains except Chain Jail against non-Spiders and has 100% efficiency in all nen categories with Emperor Time, he's pretty damn strong for someone that hasn't been using nen for very long. I'm looking forward to seeing his master in action too, he seems to know his stuff.
I assumed he's already much, MUCH stronger than his master.

Of course we haven't seen him fight but I never thought Wing was much of a fighter, just a good teacher for Nen. That's how I viewed Kurapica's master.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No way, we aren't even at the first stop (the fake DC), no need to create all the battles now, save something for when they reach the actual continent.

I'm pretty sure the princes are being dropped off at the first stop, so the whole thing would need to be settled by then. Keep in mind, we're only two hours into the first leg anyway.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm pretty sure the princes are being dropped off at the first stop, so the whole thing would need to be settled by then. Keep in mind, we're only two hours into the first leg anyway.

Cue the Gilligan's Island theme song.

I assumed he's already much, MUCH stronger than his master.

Of course we haven't seen him fight but I never thought Wing was much of a fighter, just a good teacher for Nen. That's how I viewed Kurapica's master.
The only people stronger than their pupils are Bisky and Killua's parents, granted we have no idea what type of Nen his mother is packing.

remz

Regarding the last page.

The image of Harkenberg there with the massive eagleYeti on his shoulders to me doesn't suggest the psyche of someone "backing out" it looks more like it's perched,
waiting to strike at any moments. In otherwords, I don't think he actually wants to back out at all and is bluffing/scheming.

The king's face is pretty interesting too, The shot there from his perspective kind of suggests he can see Nen yeah?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Regarding the last page.

The image of Harkenberg there with the massive eagleYeti on his shoulders to me doesn't suggest the psyche of someone "backing out" it looks more like it's perched,
waiting to strike at any moments. In otherwords, I don't think he actually wants to back out at all and is bluffing/scheming.

The king's face is pretty interesting too, The shot there from his perspective kind of suggests he can see Nen yeah?

Maybe the nen beasts will kill anyone who attempts to back out.

I don't think he has 100% efficiency with all nen,just 100% of the efficiency he is able to have with any given type of nen. So like kurapika's maximum efficiency with transmutation nen is capped at 80%. I don't think emperor time increases the cap to 100%, it lets him use all 80% without having to training it up to that point

It's still op though

Regarding the last page.

Yeah I think he can see it

HStallion

I don't think he has 100% efficiency with all nen,just 100% of the efficiency he is able to have with any given type of nen. So like kurapika's maximum efficiency with transmutation nen is capped at 80%. I don't think emperor time increases the cap to 100%, it lets him use all 80% without having to training it up to that point

It's still op though

In RPG terms Kurapika has the ability to constantly relocate his stat points while using Emperor Time to whatever "stat tree" he wants.

HStallion

I was not under the impression that this is how it works, I still think he's limited by the nen hexagon thing like I said

That's actually what I was implying. He is never 100 percent with all six classes of Nen user but can shift his current strength about the Hexagon as he pleases so if he's an 80 out of 100 in Conjuring he can shift those 80 points to Enhancer when he needs.

woopWOOP

Yep Prince Halkenburg is done for unless he wisens up and changes his mind.

From chapter 350 when Queen Oito explains the succession war

I wonder if the parasitic Nen beasts are also there to ensure that the princes continue to participate in the succession war by killing off any who don't want to be king.
Oh damn
Halkenburg was the one who wanted to get his younger siblings out of the battle, right? Him being taken out early means there's no way any of that is going to be smooth in any way

Also I kind of like Bill. He looks like some basic character that'll be nen-beast fodder down the road, but I hope he sticks around as Kurapika's partner for awhile.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh damn
Halkenburg was the one who wanted to get his younger siblings out of the battle, right? Him being taken out early means there's no way any of that is going to be smooth in any way

Also I kind of like Bill. He looks like some basic character that'll be nen-beast fodder down the road, but I hope he sticks around as Kurapika's partner for awhile.

I wonder where Melody is. Her and Kurapika seemed to be sticking together, kinda sad she's not around.

Kurapika called her in either this chapter or the previous one. She's a bodyguard somewhere else.
Yes both her and Biskie are still alive.
Oh damn

Bill is probably the next Squala. Most useless power yet he'll outlive several stronger people.

cntr

Banned
In RPG terms: if you're a Level 10 Conjurer with 100 "nen points", the nen wheel would restrict you to using Level 4 Enhancer powers, but also restrict you to only be able to allocate 40 points to your Enhancer nen. Whereas a Level 4 Enhancer would be able to allocate all their points to Enhancer nen; a Level 10 Conjurer would still be worse at Enhancer powers than a Level 4 Enhancer would be.

With Emperor Time, a Level 10 Kurapika is still restricted to Level 4 Enhancer powers, but he can allocate all 100 of his nen points to Enhancer powers, meaning he's directly equivalent to a Level 4 Enhancer at using Enhancer nen.

Euphony

Banned
Oh damn

Halkenburg was actually the one that Queen Oito was planning to blackmail in the event that he became the next King, or at least that's what I gathered from what she said in Chapter 350. Halkenburg himself doesn't really care about any of his other siblings, with the exception of Tserriednich which is why Kurapika wanted to become Halkenburg's bodyguard. But yes, if Halkenburg is taken out then Oito's blackmail plan would be moot, although at this point I don't think things are going even as remotely as she planned.

I hope that Bill sticks around for awhile too, both because it's already hard enough to guard a prince with 2 people but also because it'd make Kurapika all lonely if he died.

woopWOOP

Bill is probably the next Squala. Most useless power yet he'll outlive several stronger people.
lol, most likely yeah :(

I wonder where Melody is. Her and Kurapika seemed to be sticking together, kinda sad she's not around.
Oh right! I nearly forgot there were so many other returning characters on that boat trip.
Maybe we'll finally see what kind of crazy ninja Nen Hanzo can fling around too

That's actually what I was implying. He is never 100 percent with all six classes of Nen user but can shift his current strength about the Hexagon as he pleases so if he's an 80 out of 100 in Conjuring he can shift those 80 points to Enhancer when he needs.

In RPG terms: if you're a Level 10 Conjurer with 100 "nen points", the nen wheel would restrict you to using Level 4 Enhancer powers, but also restrict you to only be able to allocate 40 points to your Enhancer nen. Whereas a Level 4 Enhancer would be able to allocate all their points to Enhancer nen; a Level 10 Conjurer would still be worse at Enhancer powers than a Level 4 Enhancer would be.

With Emperor Time, a Level 10 Kurapika is still restricted to Level 4 Enhancer powers, but he can allocate all 100 of his nen points to Enhancer powers, meaning he's directly equivalent to a Level 4 Enhancer at using Enhancer nen.

I feel like the way I explain it in my head is less complicated, but yeah this is how it works lol

caliph95

Thats a good way to explain it

I imagine the nen stealing ability has the same problem with Chrollo's in that he can't do it in the middle of battle but he could ambush

smurfx

get some go again
wonder if at one point kurapika is going to borrow a spiders ability. machi's ability might be a good one if somebody is horribly injured at one point in the trip. oh yeah kurapika is probably going to die in this trip. he just revealed his last ability and the spiders might also get taken care of in this trip as well. i suspect a few of them will survive the trip to make it the dark continent but will be finished off there by either hisoka or somebody else or maybe a calamity.

And he looks a bit like Assam
latest

Thud

*laughs*

I would say Togashi makes enough for another volume and then goes back on hiatus in august. So my bet would be ten chapters in total, nine more chapters morty. Over and over again.

Philippo

*laughs*

I would say Togashi makes enough for another volume and then goes back on hiatus in august. So my bet would be ten chapters in total, nine more chapters morty. Over and over again.

If this mean we can reguarly get a volume every year, i can live with that.

caliph95

Only Leorio knows about this chain.
12c3efc9c5a4b48e1b623784259a75c41c288a4a_hq.gif

If this mean we can reguarly get a volume every year, i can live with that.
It's better than no chapters a year
I mean he still does have his left hand and all of it's fingers unused for his nen.
Yeah but i don't see him using his right hand anytime soon that will be too much especially since his newest chain has been foreshadowed since the Yorknew arc so i think we have seen all the chains

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So this just occurred to me, but couldn't Naniko be classified as a sixth calamity? I'm half asleep at this point so I'll post more later, but I think she could be. God help everyone if there's more of her/him out there.

caliph95

So this just occurred to me, but couldn't Naniko be classified as a sixth calamity? I'm half asleep at this point so I'll post more later, but I think she could be. God help everyone if there's more of her/him out there.
I heard theories that she/he (forgot the gender) could be ai the gas-like beings calamities and was a result of the zoldyck that survived the DC

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I heard theories that she/he (forgot the gender) could be ai the gas-like beings calamities and was a result of the zoldyck that survived the DC

Alluka/Naniko is gender fluid.

The back half of that is more or less solid, I think, as it's the only way to explain how Naniko got there. As to what Naniko is, I have a feeling it's going to be a whole thing.

caliph95

Alluka/Naniko is gender fluid.

The back half of that is more or less solid, I think, as it's the only way to explain how Naniko got there. As to what Naniko is, I have a feeling it's going to be a whole thing.
I thought Alluka was transgender but Naniko would be gender fluid

Nanika is an Ai, one of the five calamities. It was 100% confirmed in the volume release.

caliph95

Tubeppa and Tserriednich alliance.
New nen beast rules are revealed.
All nen beasts except woble's are revealed.
Halkenberg's bodyguards are all dead.
Princes are starting to learn about nen.

Euphony

Banned
Full spoilers if anyone is interested in reading them
Sairid is taken away. Kurapika realizes that the real fight begins after the ceremony.
Tubeppa (5th) asks Tserriednich (4th) for cooperation. Tserriednich appears to agree but thinks otherwise. Their nen beasts emerge behind them.
Nasubi reveals two basic rules of nen beasts: nen beasts cannot attack each other; nen beasts cannot attack the hosts. And the 200k guests on the boat are living human sacrifices for the Kakin succession war.
Tserriednich's guards decide not to tell Tserriednich about the existence of nen beast to avoid any trouble. Tserriednich returns from the ceremony and his nen beast look straight into the eyes of the guards. Stunned, the guards tell him about it. Several other princes are also told by their guards.
Halkenburg returns to his room only to find that all his guards are dead.

edit: beaten but I'll keep the full spoilers up

Kyuur

If that rule means that the Nen beasts can't attack the other hosts in addition to their own, that's fucking bananas. Everyone around them is meant to die while they use traditional means to kill eachother. The princes with actual competent soldiers (and maybe personal skill when it comes to Benjamin) have a huge advantage.

I wonder if the guards are telling the princes about the nen beast because they're scary or because Tserriednich's beast's ability forces them to.

Nanika is an Ai, one of the five calamities. It was 100% confirmed in the volume release.

Can you expand on this? Was it in an author comment or are we just going off the "ai" theory?

Euphony

Banned
If that rule means that the Nen beasts can't attack the other hosts in addition to their own, that's fucking bananas. Everyone around them is meant to die while they use traditional means to kill eachother. The princes with actual competent soldiers (and maybe personal skill when it comes to Benjamin) have a huge advantage.

I wonder if the guards are telling the princes about the nen beast because they're scary or because Tserriednich's beast's ability forces them to.

The way I thought of the restrictions on the Nen beasts was that, because they can't attack their host or other princes directly, they instead would be controlling and using the 200k other people on the boat to kill off their rivals. If you recall back a couple chapters, one of the bodyguards said that even if the succession war started, the princes wouldn't be given immunity for murdering each other.

The way I thought of the restrictions on the Nen beasts was that, because they can't attack their host or other princes directly, they instead would be controlling and using the 200k other people on the boat to kill off their rivals. If you recall back a couple chapters, one of the bodyguards said that even if the succession war started, the princes wouldn't be given immunity for murdering each other.

I remember that and thought it was fucking crazy when they said it, given that kind of what they have been setting it up to be.

Top Bottom