• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cave |OT| Choose your own Adventurers

Really looking forward to play this epic adventure, DF games always have something special about them I just love.
Will it have some kind of co-op, like Trine 2 had?

Also, check out my post in Buy/Sell, where I have The Cave (Steam) for sale cheaper than GMG :)

Edit: Nevermind, just read in that IGN article that you actually can play co-op, awesome!

Shit, there are Cave toys?!

iYM723dyPKmTI.jpg

Katzii

Shit, there are Cave toys?!

iYM723dyPKmTI.jpg

They gave them out at Eurogamer Expo when you completed the demo. I managed to get the Scientist, the Adventurer and the Knight. Wanted the Hillbilly, but sadly you could only get one toy a day and it was "blind box" stuff.

Shame there was no way to get them other than conventions.

Grimsen

This game just popped on my radar, and I just pooped myself.

Definitely gathering with the guys on the weekend for some local co-op

They gave them out at Eurogamer Expo when you completed the demo. I managed to get the Scientist, the Adventurer and the Knight. Wanted the Hillbilly, but sadly you could only get one toy a day and it was "blind box" stuff.

Shame there was no way to get them other than conventions.

For free you mean? 'cause they're for sale.

http://shop.doublefine.com/collections/game-the-cave/products/the-cave-toys

moozoom

Can't wait... hopefully my clients will be busy with the snowy blizzard in Paris and I will have to day to play this !

Does anybody know at what time the PAL Wii U shop is updated ?

Excited for this, then found out there was co-op and got super excited, and then found out it was local only and got kinda sad... Still gonna get it, but...

Randdalf

GB Quick Look sold me on this game, though I think critics will have a field day complaining about the camera and platforming, it's obvious that they consciously chose to have it that way.

TriGen

The eShop usually updates around 12 eastern -- and since I'll be up, I'll let you guys know if that version is available tonight.

As for the QL, I love GB, but I don't want to get spoiled and I intended on using the knight in my first playthrough, so thanks for warning me to hold off until I get past the beginning areas.

wouwie

Just a quick question whilst i try to avoid spoilers and such: will the game be fun playing solo or is this tailored for co-op?

The eShop usually updates around 12 eastern -- and since I'll be up, I'll let you guys know if that version is available tonight.

As for the QL, I love GB, but I don't want to get spoiled and I intended on using the knight in my first playthrough, so thanks for warning me to hold off until I get past the beginning areas.

AM or PM considering it does both depending on the release?

nbthedude

On the plus side it looks like a cool puzzle platforming Double Fine game.

On the negative, I thought Ron Gilbert's last game The Baconing was not very funny and pretty lame. In fact, I'm not sure I really find Ron Gilbert writing all that funny period.

Oh well, I preordered. Here is hoping The Baconing was just a fluke.

Randdalf

On the negative, I thought Ron Gilbert's last game The Baconing was not very funny and pretty lame. In fact, I'm not sure I really find Ron Gilbert writing all that funny period.

I'm not sure that he worked on The Baconing, only the first 2 DeathSpank games.

360 version for me(the demo at least). My Wii U needs games but I'll never buy digitally from Nintendo until they provide a real account system.

GB Quick Look sold me on this game, though I think critics will have a field day complaining about the camera and platforming, it's obvious that they consciously chose to have it that way.

This is irrelevant. Just because they consciously chose to do something doesn't make it good, or fine. If it's shit, it's shit.

Obviously I've not played it, and I have no idea what the problem with the camera is even meant to be, but a problem is a problem if it exists, whether they designed it to be that way or not.

I don't think he actually worked on The Baconing.

Edit: Way too slow!

KingKong

why isn't there online co-op?

anyone know which TF2 items you get for this? might be worth buying it from Steam directly and selling the genuine items rather than GMG + coupon

I'm keeping an eye out for this one, but my renewed interest in Fire Emblem may hold me back from getting it in the near future. I like the gameplay concept of choosing a certain amount of characters per playthrough.

Top Bottom