• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Mista Koo

So Annie is winning? Could've been worse I guess.

I'll do the other Eliza palettes tonight. Mean while I'm reposting this because I corrected a small error: (accidentally unhidden side cleavage)

ZUx0OhO.png

Sad that Beowulf didn't make it through. However, Aeon and Eliza were my other choices originally. I do think Annie is pretty cool though as well. I just hope to see some sort of mention of Ol' Beo in a story mode. ;)

Until Skullgirls 2, Beo <3
He's coming back in round 2 of the vote, full force.

Thores

Not exactly, but:

You can take a wild guess who that is. I assumed it's Annie.

So it is exactly an assumption based on GAF consensus. She has the most vocal support by a landslide, but if that meant anything Beowulf would be in the Top 4 instead of Aeon.

Her victory wouldn't be a surprise at all but she's far from a sure thing.

Rhapsody

Banned
Guess it's time to finally stop being lazy and learn some combos now that Skullheart's back up. (Unless there's a better source for listed combos elsewhere that I could find)

Rhapsody

Banned
Other than Skullheart you might wanna look into Dustloop but thats really the extent of it. Otherwise if you want immediate responses to questions the skullheart IRC room is probably best.
Cool, thanks. Before I've been going off of just videos, but knowing that some combos being character specific slowed me down.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Oh, and Skullheart is ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! Now, let's knock Autumn's servers down.
no, don't do that

Okay so I went there and conveniently one of the topics I saw was a shipping thread (awww yeah) and I happened to come across this post: http://skullgirls.com/forums/forums/index.php?threads/the-big-bad-shipping-thread.697/#post-24448.

Is this true? Because that may change my second vote!

Was already a fan of her before, but this would greatly swing my vote as I would love to see some romance/one sided crushing in her storyline

Okay so I went there and conveniently one of the topics I saw was a shipping thread (awww yeah) and I happened to come across this post: http://skullgirls.com/forums/forums/index.php?threads/the-big-bad-shipping-thread.697/#post-24448.

Was already a fan of her before, but this would greatly swing my vote as I would love to see some romance/one sided crushing in her storyline

I don't have a stream archive on hand, but I'm pretty sure it's true. #TeamFeng is always open for new faithful. :D

NEO0MJ

It's true, but it's one sided. Also, Alex said it won't be mentioned in her story, or at least not in a direct manner.

Do we have any idea at what her personality is like? Because... not at all yet.

She's supposedly just as cruel and evil as Eliza, as they've pretty much become one person during their long life together. No other parasite and host character comes close to them.

alstein

So it is exactly an assumption based on GAF consensus. She has the most vocal support by a landslide, but if that meant anything Beowulf would be in the Top 4 instead of Aeon.

Her victory wouldn't be a surprise at all but she's far from a sure thing.

Aeon is the one I'm convinced it isn't. I could see it being any of the other 3, they have distinct fanbases

Annie's seems to be more FGC oriented, Minette's the favorite of the moeblob crowd, and Eliza for the more adult in taste.

I'm ok with Annie personally, but I'd rather see Minette or Eliza.

I do think neither Squiggly or Big Band would have made Final 4, and Big Band would have been out at the first vote.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's true, but it's one sided. Also, Alex said it won't be mentioned in her story, or at least not in a direct manner.

I believe Molly is suppose to have a crush on Parasoul too, right? I've at least read that in one place...

She's supposedly just as cruel and evil as Eliza, as they've pretty much become one person during their long life together. No other parasite and host character comes close to them.

Squigly is suppose to be close and cooperative with Leviathan too, so I wonder if this would make them semi-rivals... (not to mention they both share the "bone poking out of flesh" visual point, in some way.)

I would have voted for Squiggly if she was up for voting.

I bet she'd still have her old "Gameplay based around Rigamortis + Kung Fu" gameplay descriptor, too! Was there ever any mention of her singing ability before the Indiegogo?

NEO0MJ

Squigly is suppose to be close and cooperative with Leviathan too, so I wonder if this would make them semi-rivals... (not to mention they both share the "bone poking out of flesh" visual point, in some way.)

Squigly is probably more in tune with Leviathan than Filia is with Samson, but Eliza has been with Sekhmet for at least a thousand years. Not even Annie comes close.

I believe Molly is suppose to have a crush on Parasoul too, right? I've at least read that in one place...

I think I read something like that, but I'm not sure if it's love love or just devotee love.

I bet she'd still have her old "Gameplay based around Rigamortis + Kung Fu" gameplay descriptor, too! Was there ever any mention of her singing ability before the Indiegogo?

It was mentioned, but just as part of her character. That she uses it for attacks is new.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

......... &#1097;(º&#1044;º&#1097;)

How much money do you need Alex for that decision to be switched? :D

sandman64

Neo Member
......... &#1097;(º&#1044;º&#1097;)

How much money do you need Alex for that decision to be switched? :D

They are aiming for that T rating, so as to how much money Alex wants?

They'd probably want the amount of money they would lose because now it's M b/c lesbo.

In an example of heterosexism, where LGBT identity is not treated neutrally vis-à-vis heterosexuality, gay and transgender characters are currently placed within the content descriptors of mature humor, sexual content, or sexual themes[citation needed], all of which qualify games for the restricted M (Mature) or AO (Adults Only) content ratings.

source

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Does anybody want a wallpaper version of yesterdays image? Just got to work, easy enough to do.

gtWsmro.png

Where do I sign?!

Is it wrong that ill throw her onto my character top pick list now because of that? Everyone else I had besides Panzer was only there to fill.

Excellente. The power of implicit requited love!

Honestly, just knowing that puts her existing interactions with Cerebella in her story mode in a slightly different light. I expect Feng's own story mode would subtly push a lot of buttons for those who are looking for them.

Gameplay, concept art, shipping... whatever you love, #TeamFeng welcomes all comers!

TheOGB

Banned
I thought I heard that Eliza was damn near an arch-nemesis to both Fillia and Squigly, whereas the latter two are merely rivals (Samson and Leviathan apparently have a history)

I don't see how Eliza using blood as a weapon or whatever would change the rating.

You already have Ms Fortune being dismembered all over the place.

It's the fact that Eliza would have blood appear when she's hit.

I think GG is the last game I remember with blood on hit.

TheOGB

Banned
I don't see how Eliza using blood as a weapon or whatever would change the rating.

They said there's a difference between self-harm and how Eliza would work. Ms. Fortune (and Jedah, now that I think about it) never bleed profusely when attacked by others, only when they inflict it on themselves.

NEO0MJ

I thought I heard that Eliza was damn near an arch-nemesis to both Fillia and Squigly, whereas the latter two are merely rivals (Samson and Leviathan apparently have a history)

She has no direct qualm with Filia, and maybe even Squigly. But Leviathan and Samson have been standing in Eliza's way for a long time. Annie and D. Violet are also enemies to her. According to what we know from what little story snippets were dropped she's one of the few individuals who can not only utilize the Skullheart without endangering herself, but also unlock its full potential and so is a major threat in the SG universe.

TheOGB

Banned
Leviathan, Samson, Annie and D. Violet have been standing in Eliza's way for a long time. According to what we know from what little story snippets were dropped she's one of the few individuals who can not only utilize the Skullheart without endangering herself, but also unlock its full potential and so is a major threat in the SG universe.
Oh shieet

Pushing Annie and D. Violet next vote :X

7Th

Alex has said that he would rather have Eliza for the sequel so he probably went Annie for this round; then again, the ones he said he needed to tell his "epic drama" were Umbrella and Marie and they're both hopeless.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Squigly is probably more in tune with Leviathan than Filia is with Samson, but Eliza has been with Sekhmet for at least a thousand years. Not even Annie comes close.

Aye, it'd just be interesting if this is one way for her to get into her head, personally. It could be a soft spot for Leviathan, too. Guess we'll have to see!

I think I read something like that, but I'm not sure if it's love love or just devotee love.

Guess we'll find out when we see her story! (still voting Molly in round 2!)

It was mentioned, but just as part of her character. That she uses it for attacks is new.

It's interest to see some of the characters went through BIG changes before finalized release; Makes me wonder if some of the DLC-vote characters would get some extra spice, stepping on the toes of characters we might not see for a long while, while those long-gone ones under-go a few changes...

I wonder how much the girls and lady themselves would clash? I still want to think about Eliza as a "new intro" to the tale of the game, though I suppose they could have long-standing history we just haven't seen yet... Though Filia wouldn't exactly remember it, it seems...

Should just put Puyo Puyo / Poring faces on the blood droplets. Then they can get away with an "animated blood" excuse!

dan2026

Those guys aren't dropping literal pools of blood on the ground, however.

There are plenty of T rated games where you are killing tons of enemies and they bleed a lot.
Uncharted for one.

I think they should query this with the ESRB, because if Fortune is acceptable then I can't see how Eliza wouldn't be.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Cool, heres a link to the wallpaper version

I also took the time to make some edits on stuff I didn't like (minor stuff really)

beowulf_sg_ragingspaniard.jpg

Top Bottom