• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Still early days for me, and I sunk everything I had into Hulkbuster, but pretty happy so far as he can just solo all the AFK stuff that I have unlocked. He's been great for leveling up my new characters while AFK too.

Hopefully you can get Bios for him later though. The Chapter 3 Elite missions are already getting pretty tough for my team.

Roto13

So since Captain Marvel and Spider-Man are part of my main team, and I've wanted my heavy hitter to be Venom, I went ahead and spent my gems on the Journalistic Integrity pack. With the Venom biometrics I already had, it was enough to unlock him and get him up to 3 stars, as well as get Spidey up to 3 stars and Captain Marvel a few Arena days away from 4 stars.

Worth it. They get some nice Team Bonuses, too.

rexor0717

So since Captain Marvel and Spider-Man are part of my main team, and I've wanted my heavy hitter to be Venom, I went ahead and spent my gems on the Journalistic Integrity pack. With the Venom biometrics I already had, it was enough to unlock him and get him up to 3 stars, as well as get Spidey up to 3 stars and Captain Marvel a few Arena days away from 4 stars.

Worth it.

Got some heavy hitters. I'm really hoping Cap's Crew is worthwhile investment.

rexor0717

Wow, this fucking sucks. I've been saving crystals to get the Cap's Crew package, log on this morning and it's gone! Now I've already put a bunch of resources into the team, anticipating I'd be able to make it worthwhile.

Man, this game just won't give me the last Biometric I need to unlock Vision!

Seemed like I shot up to 9/10 soooo quickly, but now for the last 4 days nothing on the Elite mission every run!

Did manage to get the last Biometric for Luke Cage yesterday though.

rexor0717

So you're supposed to get a hero chest on the 28th day right? Its said that it would give it to me the past two days in the check-in calendar, but I haven't gotten it yet. Is there any way of checking that calendar besides at the start of each day?

Roto13

So you're supposed to get a hero chest on the 28th day right? Its said that it would give it to me the past two days in the check-in calendar, but I haven't gotten it yet. Is there any way of checking that calendar besides at the start of each day?

Don't get me started. Half the time (or more) those chests just don't show up in your inbox like they're supposed to. It's a bug. I sent them a message about it, and their response was something like "Energy and gold don't show up in your inbox and are claimed right away." Gee, thanks so much for reading my bug report, jackasses.

LuuKyK

I got the 28th reward yesterday and it was a hero chest indeed. Got Sharon Carter out of it too. But yeah there should be an easier way to check what the rewards are.

Drayco21

Huh, looks like MCU Ronan and Yondu are coming with the Guardians patch too.

viewimage.php

viewimage.php

rexor0717

Ok, they definitely pull bullshit as soon as you're close to getting enough bios to rank up. The past three days I've gotten 3/12 possible bios for Winter Soldier (spend my one refresh to try to get him). Getting to 17/20 was consistent.
rage.gif

Ok, they definitely pull bullshit as soon as you're close to getting enough bios to rank up. The past three days I've gotten 3/12 possible bios for Winter Soldier (spend my one refresh to try to get him). Getting to 17/20 was consistent.
rage.gif

I'm busy trying to level up to 25 so I can successfully collect my spiderman and venom bios...the agony.

I ended up getting the Shield Divas, Power!, and Martial Arts Masters packs. I have way too many characters to level now. I'm focusing on Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, and Venom. Got Carol to 4 stars today and have 3 red stars on her. Her and Spidey kick so much ass together. Her power + his CC with his striking is awesome. He always comes out thanks to her beam.

Roto13

rage.gif

Today I did 6 War Machine missions and got 1 biometric. Bullshit is happening.

Finally got the 1 Biometric for the Vision I needed this morning!

Got my main team to level 29/28/28 now, so having a decent time just AFK'ing all of the Elite missions I have unlocked.

Guardians patch looks great, can't wait! Love those guys.

rexor0717

I'm on Level 5 normal and level 4 elites. I know I'm going to be here for a while until I can rank up a bunch of dudes. I'm glad they're giving more hulkbuster bios, but its still not enough to rank him up.

I'm on Level 5 normal and level 4 elites. I know I'm going to be here for a while until I can rank up a bunch of dudes. I'm glad they're giving more hulkbuster bios, but its still not enough to rank him up.

Just noticed the Hulkbuster is back up again. That's good for Bios, but like you say, won't be enough for a rank up, so I hope we get a bonus mission or something somewhere to give us the opportunity to get him higher.

Is there any good way to power level characters?

Right now I'm stuck on Normal 5-4 and Elite 3-5. My team was the starter 3 @ 28. I don't like Ironman in this and Cap only seems decent (Tasha wrecks stuff with her skills though :D), so I want to switch over to a new team of Hulkbuster, Mockingbird and Vision. My problem is that they are only lvl 12, so it will take a while (and a lot of gold) to get them up to stuff, allowing me to continue.

rexor0717

Is there any good way to power level characters?

Right now I'm stuck on Normal 5-4 and Elite 3-5. My team was the starter 3 @ 28. I don't like Ironman in this and Cap only seems decent (Tasha wrecks stuff with her skills though :D), so I want to switch over to a new team of Hulkbuster, Mockingbird and Vision. My problem is that they are only lvl 12, so it will take a while (and a lot of gold) to get them up to stuff, allowing me to continue.
Do bonus missions to get a bunch of exp chips and clear tickets. Also I'm thinking Bullseye might be a good character to use. You can get a guaranteed 3+ bios a day with him by doing the arena. I'm using Hulkbuster and while he is really good he doesn't scale well due to difficulty of getting bios right now. I'll be leveling Bullseye pretty soon.

Been continuing with this game and while it has definitely slowed down in terms of level and mission progress, I feel I have still managed to do quite a lot.

My main team at the moment is Hulk Buster, Cap and Black Widow and they are all level 36 I believe. I also managed to get Cap and Widow at 3 star master too which is pretty great. I have been trying to level up their skills too but since it scales it starts to be very costly so I have mainly focused on HB and got his 2 skills levelled max.

I have also been focusing on unlocking other characters, got quite a few now and been ranking them up as I go along. I do plan to level up Vision for blaster (currently lvl 30 I think) and Ghost Rider (early 20’s) for Universal but I wanted to get my main team as high as possible to do some of the later missions as they are getting really tough now, especially with 2 bosses at the end.

Still a really fun game though, being able to just AFK is really useful and makes the grind a lot easier.

Hadn’t seen the GOTG update so now im really looking forward to that, might have to swap out Vision for Rocket when it drops :)

Roto13

Do bonus missions to get a bunch of exp chips and clear tickets. Also I'm thinking Bullseye might be a good character to use. You can get a guaranteed 3+ bios a day with him by doing the arena. I'm using Hulkbuster and while he is really good he doesn't scale well due to difficulty of getting bios right now. I'll be leveling Bullseye pretty soon.

Yeah, I was using Hulkbuster but I dumped it for Venom. You can get his biometrics from his Elites and also from the Villain Siege.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
With the ability to get all the characters in time (unless I am mistaken), I haven't had any urges to spend in the game. I still have like 2,000 crystals waiting for something to do with them since I am never the one to spend on cosmetics.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
With the ability to get all the characters in time (unless I am mistaken), I haven't had any urges to spend in the game. I still have like 2,000 crystals waiting for something to do with them since I am never the one to spend on cosmetics.

You are indeed mistaken - there are a few that are from the gem shop only. It's unfortunate but in other games, they make those characters available to everyone after a certain period of time. So, they are usually only temporarily behind a paywall.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
You are indeed mistaken - there are a few that are from the gem shop only. It's unfortunate but in other games, they make those characters available to everyone after a certain period of time. So, they are usually only temporarily behind a paywall.

Only two I'm missing is black cat and Angela, so the developers haven't put too many characters behind the pay wall. I'm guessing the Guardians will be behind the gem shop, too.

Not too many urges to spend as of yet.

Roto13

Unless this upcoming June update changes some stuff, I'm probably done with this game soon.

Here's my situation. I have four heroes I use regularly. Captain Marvel is at 4 stars and needs 156(!!!) more biometrics to rank up. Venom and Spidey are 3 stars and need 50+ each to rank up. War Machine is still at 2 stars because of bullshit drop rates and needs another 12 biometrics just to get to 3 stars and another 80 after that to get to 4 stars. (I bought the biometric pack for the previous 3 characters with gems I earned, so that's why War Machine is behind.)

The thing is, War Machine is level 35 and the rest are nearly 40. That's the level cap until you rank up to at least 5 stars. (I think it's 5 stars anyway.) I'm close to hitting a wall and not being able to make any more progress in the missions. My equipment is almost all as high as I can get it with the materials available to me. The only things that I have much room to improve are my skills. So I am basically almost as strong as I can possibly be without grinding for a LONG time for biometrics, or spending real money. Even if I wait for another useful biometrics pack to appear in the shop and spend real money on it, it probably won't give me enough to actually be useful (If I could buy 3 more of the Journalistic Integrity pack, I'd still be a few short to rank up Captain Marvel). Currently I can only get 3 biometrics for Captain Marvel a day. That means 52 days to rank her up again and break the level cap for her. Probably longer for everyone else (and almost certainly longer for War Machine) just because they all rely on random drops.

So yeah, they need to update this so I can keep playing or I'm just going to have to stop.

Drayco21

Yeah, the Biometric count to go to anything past three stars is absolutely obscene; it's not even a wall that putting money into the game can scale acceptably if that's their plan, it's just a dead end. Hope they patch it, because otherwise I could see it killing this game.

Roto13

I was worried when I'd hit a wall, seems like I have a way to go. What stages are you stuck at?

I've cleared up to Elite 6-5 and I'm not exactly stuck but I can tell that I'm not going to be able to make it much farther. I have to really pay attention to enemy types now (switching out to take advantage of type weaknesses) and hang back while my abilities recharge.

I'm at 7-8 in the normal missions and it's not too bad yet but the enemies are level 38, so unless they cap, too, it's just a matter of time before they outclass me. It's possible I'll be able to clear them all if I upgrade my skills some more, though. They're just so expensive after a certain point.

EDIT: It's worth noting that I definitely wouldn't have made it anywhere close to where I am now if I hadn't bought that biometrics pack for Captain Marvel, Venom, and Spider-Man. It was a necessity.

EDIT 2: 8-1 on Classic very nearly kicked my ass. Doubt I'll be able to beat 8-2 without some more grinding.

Top Bottom