• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

[Teaser] Eddy Kim(에디킴), Subin(수빈)(Dal shabet) _ I am a movie director too(나도 영화감독이다_청춘무비) OST Part.1
Anyone knows what is this thing? Anyway, hype because it features Subin and Girl's Day Sojin (ad I think the other girl is Narae). I wonder if the recent Subin releases have given her some street cred for this type of acoustic tracks.

Oh this is a variety show that features them, pretty cool they made an OST track for it. I don't think the actual show started airing yet. But yea looks like a cute show!

llehuty

^^^^ Ah thanks, although it looks like the kind of thing nobody is going to bother subbing :/

I don't think I remember a stylistic fuck up as big as whatever the hell the did to Fei's hair for her solo debut. She looks so damn bland and anonymous, if you told me it's someone else doing the promo I wouldn't even be surprised.

Any of y'all teach English in SK?

If so, how is it?

I'm currently heavily debating on doing this these days. I like what I do right now but it's really not getting me anywhere besides paying bills and all that so I've started exploring this idea this past weekend.

I've got no teaching experience at all, but I've got a broadcast journo/communications degree so I'm pretty sure I don't have to say it, but I'm pretty fncking good at English lol.

Plus, I need to wife Lee Sung-kyung the moment I step off the plane lol.

There's a thread called Teaching English in Asia, that I think you'd get better answers. I haven't taught in Korea yet, but while I was looking for jobs overseas, I looked into it and it seems there's a couple big organizations. One is called EPIK and you can look up the website. There's probably someone who can better answer you in the teaching OT.

Pendulum

6 songs this week because a round is split across 2 weeks
Team A:
WJSN's Dawon - "Way To Go" by SNSD
Score:

Lovelyz' Kei - "Atlantis Princess" by BoA
Score:

CLC's Seunghee - "Like A Fool" by Ivy
Score:

Sonamoo's Minjae - "Shout Of Myself" by Maya
Score:

Oh My Girl's Seunghee - "A Goose's Dream" by Carnival
Score:

Pledis Girlz' Shannon - "Just A Feeling" by S.E.S.
Score:

Then for whatever reason they vote again for the best performance, with the top 2 places getting their songs digitally released.
Places 1 to 3, in order:
Minjae, Kei, OMG's Seunghee
Same order this week in the 2nd round as the 1st, but last week Spica's Bohyung jumped past BESTie's Uji in the 2nd round

---

More Oh My Girl Summer Special teasers
lOZk0cz.jpg
kbPd0CH.jpg

GNTw0mB.jpg
IjtVGoo.jpg

---

9Muses Amuse teasers

---

Did you ever want to read the story about how Choiza and Sulli first kissed? Well, here you go.

There's a thread called Teaching English in Asia, that I think you'd get better answers. I haven't taught in Korea yet, but while I was looking for jobs overseas, I looked into it and it seems there's a couple big organizations. One is called EPIK and you can look up the website. There's probably someone who can better answer you in the teaching OT.

Ahhh they changed the title lol. I knew there was one before but the one I found had the last post from 2013 and I wasn't gonna revive that since I'm only exploring the idea for now.

But thanks for the heads up!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you teach?

Pray for a Jackson x Yubin rap. These duets have been dull as hell.

Ahhh they changed the title lol. I knew there was one before but the one I found had the last post from 2013 and I wasn't gonna revive that since I'm only exploring the idea for now.

But thanks for the heads up!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you teach?

Here's the current one. Last post was a few days ago. Right now, I'm back in Toronto for the summer, but I'll be teaching in a city called Chengdu in China from September. Last year, I was in Shenzhen and the year before Xi'an.

From Hyo Joo to Hip-Hop, this past page is great.

With the love posted above, a refresher: Apink trinity = Chorong/Bomi/Eunji + Namjoo
is the best singer in the group
, the same way T-ara trinity has always been Eunjung/Jiyeon/Hyomin + Soyeon
is the best singer in the group
. I'd argue Soyeon isn't merely a "+1" and should be a default, but most would disagree.

Haven't followed the JYP duets at all. Has Min featured on any of them? Appearing on a variety program once every few years doesn't seem like the best way to promote her solo activities, unless she prefers to have it that way.

Oh My Girl going for the mindshare attack, which is great, as I really enjoy them - moreso than G-Friend or Lovelyz.
I like Gfriend and Lovelyz, yet I think this comment from nearly a year ago still stands:

someone said:
From production, to choreo and other elements, OMG have been a cut above Gfriend and Lovelyz this entire time. "Closer" serves to further highlight that, so it's nice seeing more attention going their way.
No, albums sales and recognition don't reflect that, but those should hopefully continue to increase over time.

llehuty

Bless all these little artists that have no reason to have a comeback but they managed to do it.

[Teaser] UNICORN(유니콘) _ BLINK BLINK
This sounds great already. There was a lot of potential in their debut, Huk, really looking forward to this one.

A-Daily - Chu (Teaser)
Sounds like a fun electrobanger. It sounds more lively than their previous release, Spotlight.

타린 (Tarin) - 언젠가 시들어가는 (Teaser)
A change of pace, but I'm already in with that acoustic guitar. I don't think I've seen her being posted here, but she has released some decent songs in the last year. Nothing grounbreaking, but still enjoyable.

[Makestar] 배드키즈 신곡 안무 연습 현장! /BADKIZ New song dance rehearsal!
Not the most exciting teaser, but I'm in if it's as good as Babomba, song or MV (It's one of the funniest MVs in kpop)

하이니 HiNi - So Shall We Dance (feat. 제리케이 Jerry.K)
This is catchy. I never heard of this girl before despite her being active for several years, having some key OST releases and being cute.

Bonus: Apink「サマータイム!」Music Video【Dance Feat.Ver.(チアリーダー篇)】
Cheerleader concept is already a better concept than the school concept of the MV. Song is really fun.

Edit: Hyuna going to change the game again! (I wonder if this is the title track)

Pendulum

Edit: Hyuna going to change the game again! (I wonder if this is the title track)
It is.

This week's Weekly Idol had Twice, Gfriend, BTOB and GOT7 as guests.
Full episode (no subs)

A reciprocation of attention from Knowing Brothers.

---

Oh My Girl Summer Special Album individual teasers
(no stealth order, llehuty (apart from YooA's different sized image))

edit: New group image

---

Peejay, whose album "Walkin' Vol. 1" made my 2015 list, has joined The Black Label (so he joins Teddy, Kush, Zion T.)

---

Videos of the first Hit The Stage performances are uploaded (Hyoyeon, Shownu, Hoya, and Taemin are next week)

Ten (NCT) (with PREPIX) "Exorcism"
Score:

Bora (SISTAR) (with Honey J) "Witch"
Score:

Momo (TWICE) (with JYP) "Vampire"
Score:

U-Kwon (Block B) (with BB Trippin) "Joker"
Score:

These scores lol. Looks like they are marking more for the production, less for the dancing (case in point, U-Kwon)

Here's the current one. Last post was a few days ago. Right now, I'm back in Toronto for the summer, but I'll be teaching in a city called Chengdu in China from September. Last year, I was in Shenzhen and the year before Xi'an.

Cool. I'll be posting there once I've really invested more time into the idea. For now, I'm just daydreaming of it as a fun thing to do while at work lol.

I did start looking at a 3 week certification course here in Dallas from Oxford something and it was around $1200USD. It seems very reasonable but I need to do more research.

Fuuuuuuuuuu. I'm just watching them and I already lost it at the nico nico ni. Pendulum is on the money too, I'm pretty sure this also happened in Knowing Brothers and like there I also lost my shit haha.

Gotta say though, Heechul is becoming one of my favorite variety people these days. Dude is batshit insane but it's ridiculously funny and he's never to shy away from wrecking his image which is fantastic.

Big ups go to Hani too... she's looking fine as always even in the midst of the J-line's perfection lol.

Pendulum

Gotta say though, Heechul is becoming one of my favorite variety people these days. Dude is batshit insane but it's ridiculously funny and he's never to shy away from wrecking his image which is fantastic.

He also treats guests like normal people which makes for good banter.

llehuty

The results of Hit the stage are very similar anyway, and the difference could be reduced to statistical fanbase noise. Bora's dancing was quite lackluster also, but the choreo was good.

Momo is the real winner, tho.

tumblr_oazb0ewgbz1ulv0o3o1_400.gif
tumblr_oazb0ewgbz1ulv0o3o2_400.gif

tumblr_oaydxhrfVM1qhbs9xo1_540.gif

Pendulum

BamBanned

Banned from SNS, but he was filming "Uncontrollably Actor" (and I assume before the US trip), no?

The results of Hit the stage are very similar anyway, and the difference could be reduced to statistical fanbase noise.

How so? I know there's no online/phone voting for the performances, but does the audience vote too? I thought it was judges only. Bae Yoonjung closet BBC confirmed.

llehuty

How so? I know there's no online/phone voting for the performances, but does the audience vote too? I thought it was judges only. Bae Yoonjung closet BBC confirmed.
I was assuming it's the audience voting with those weird numbers.

Score: 154

Score: 148

Score: 144

Score: 158

It's still, only a 14 point difference out of... 200?, I wouldn't put much thought into it.

roaSone

Whatever the scores I'd say.
Ten was really stunning, U-Kwon was acting not dancing so yeah, not much to say.
Bora was a bit lackluster compared to her partner.
Momo seemed to be overwhelmed by the pressure, she can
will
do much better!

Speaking of Momo, I'd have die on the spot if I was Heechul, just sayin'.

He also treats guests like normal people which makes for good banter.

Indeed. I was just rewatching the Twice episode and he just looked very comfortable dealing with them compared to the rest of the cast.

Speaking of which, that hidden camera was a genius idea. I just wish they actually did a proper ad-libbed skit instead of that 7 minute bonus clip that got released a while back.

Speaking of Momo, I'd have die on the spot if I was Heechul, just sayin'.

Seriously. Mina's my fave out of OT9 but I'm starting to change my mind after their appearance on Knowing Brothers and then this clip popped up. Do I have to commit seppuku just so I can transfer my allegiance from Mina to Momo?

llehuty

Since Mina_out_of_the_car.jpg was THE best pic of last thread, wouldn't it be cool if we managed to keep track of GOAT pics for this thread also and do something similar?

Nominating this as early favourite in honor to Parmenids:

Maybe write GOATpic when someone posts something worth being in that category so we can compile all of them at the end of the thread/year.

Until Sohee eventually rejoins Wonder Girls (right???), my pic posts will be pseudo reunions...

Hyuna —— [NYLON TV KOREA] 현아에게

Hong Jin Young —— [bnTV-INTERVIEW] 홍진영이 알려주는 애교 잘하는 방법은?

IU —— [bnTV_SPOT] 아이유 좋아하는데 이유가 있음?

Seungyeon —— 그라치아 8월 통합호 (통권 제 81호) 한승연 화보 촬영 인사

Wait, what? Someone else knows that Namjoo is the best singer in A Pink? You never had my back, bro
Heh, I've been defending Namjoo here and IRC for years now, similar to how I defend Sorn. The biggest issue people seem to have with both is not thinking either is pretty enough, while disregarding their talent.

I've even said before Namjoo may be the 2nd/3rd best dancer in the group (Bomi of course being #1). Eunji and Bomi's popularity, and constant use on nearly every chorus, leads people to think they're naturally the best singers. Similarly, you have T-ara fans who still aren't aware Boram can actually sing, in part because she's very underutilised.

edit: han hyo joo, hong jin young, sica, fei, hyuna, victoria, seolhyun, ot9 mina, hyeri, shin min a, sohee, wonder girls

Pendulum

Speaking of Wonder Girls, they've now back to #1 on the charts (labelmates Twice are still in the middle of the Top 10 three months later. Bless these comebacks)

---

Oh My Girl
[Teaser 1] OH MY GIRL(오마이걸) _ A-ing(내 얘길 들어봐)
edit: what Wendel said, different link

---

WJSN teaser. Hoping for a much better song.

---

9Muses Amuse Kyungri + Hyemi

---

Next JYPE duet is Jun. K and Baek A Yeon

Eldren

For a split second I thought Oh My Girl did a cover of Orange Caramel's A-ing. Now I really want that to be a thing.

llehuty

The B-side to D.Holic's Color me rad is quite good:
[AUDIO] D.Holic(디홀릭) - So Tight
And still no MV for color me rad...

I'm loving the vibe of the MV.

9Muses Amuse Kyungri + Hyemi
These teasers are less boring!! I'm so on the fence with this. On one hand, new 9muses, on the other hand, no Hyuna and no Sungah... ;_; why Star Empire, WHY!

·feist·;211682973 said:
edit: han hyo joo, hong jin young, sica, fei, hyuna, victoria, seolhyun, ot9 mina, hyeri, shin min a, sohee, wonder girls

Lawd jesus, a megapost with my favorite noonas(HJY and SMA), Fei, Mina and Sunmi?

I'm having a heart attack.

I'm so glad you didn't include Lee Sung-kyung in there, otherwise I'd be at the hospital.

That's a hint btw lol.

That combination of Korean aegyo and Japanese cuteness(is there a term for aegyo in Japanese? lol) is deadly.

Top Bottom