• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time's Top 10 Video Games of 2017

BPoole

What games did you play this year?

Nier: Automata
Nioh
A Hat in Time
Ruiner
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Overgrowth (finally!)
Bayonetta (PC)
Vanquish (PC)

Non 2017 games that consumed a considerable amount of time are Battlefield 1 and Killing Floor 2

IMO Zelda is the biggest game franchise of all time in terms of sheer continued excellence. It's the gold standard in the industry and it has been since the first game or at least since ALttP.

Biggest franchise and best franchise are very different things. I would definitely argue against Zelda being even in the top 5 of biggest game franchises but will definitely agree it may be #1 in terms of overall quality.

BPoole

How far do you think many people at these outlets got into the game?
To be fair, I've been having A LOT of trouble with it. I've played hundreds of hours of the Souls games so I'm somewhat used to this type of difficulty but I'm getting my ass kicked. The larger yokai enemies can kill me in 3 hits if I'm at full HP. I keep feeling like there is something I am missing with how stats and equipment work since I can down down dozens of enemies only to make one poor choice dodging one of the big yokai will kill me with ease.

It’s hard for me to narrow it down....

Persona 5, HZD, Zelda, and SM:O are definitely in my list.

I’ve plugged a lot of time into Destiny 2 already but no way I would put it top 10.

PUBG is up there

How does xcom2:war of the chosen compare to mario vs rabbids?

Really enjoyed xcom on ps3, and dunno if i should get 2 on ps4 or just get mario rabbids to satiate that genre hunger.... to me rabbids lacks depth and seems simple/easier but id like some first hand impressions/comparisons

Neo_GAF

Banned
by far on of the best lists i have seen in the last 5 years.

cuphead, zelda, mario, persona, wolfenstein, horizon are in, so i am cool with it.

Top Bottom