• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta will be available in early 2014 (PS4, PS3, XONE, 360)

Over the summer Bungie have done some promotional trading card things to hand out at the games conferences

There were original 5 but another three have appeared over the last week.

You enter these at the same place you put your beta code.

Nobody knows what exactly they are for but they will be unlocking something in the game when it releases.

Interesting! Even if it's just weapon skins or something of that nature it's still a cool hidden promo.

Over the summer Bungie have done some promotional trading card things to hand out at the games conferences

Nobody knows what exactly they are for but they will be unlocking something in the game when it releases.

Thanks for the codes so far! It means a lot.

Skeff

Not entirely sure if I'm on the Destiny bandwagon, But if I pre order and get the beta key, i can still cancel the pre order right if i change my mind?

Krisars

Banned
Not entirely sure if I'm on te Destiny andwagon, But if I pre order and get the beta key, i ca still cancel the pre order right if i change my mind?
If you got the code after pre-ordering, you can cancel the pre-order anytime you want.

Vlodril

So amazon.es hasnt given the code yet to me. I contacted them and the support guy didn't know anything about it. They will give it at some point in the future he said.

Is it possible the slots for the beta will be closed by the time they release it?

broony

So amazon.es hasnt given the code yet to me. I contacted them and the support guy didn't know anything about it. They will give it at some point in the future he said.

Is it possible the slots for the beta will be closed by the time they release it?

Posted before and it sucks for amazon.com, but...

Order on amazon.com now.The U.S. amazon site. (http://www.amazon.com/Destiny-PlaySt...ywords=destiny)

Wait until they send you the code (less than 24 hours).
Cancel pre order, you won't have been charged anything
The end. ?????????

Its shitty for Amazon but it works

BladeSinner

Neo Member
Thanks for the confirmation, I thought that was the case, Will definitely try out the Beta and may or may not keep the pre order.

I am in the same boat, but if I cancel my pre-order it will be because I want a digital copy instead of a physical one :)

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Amazon sent me 2 codes after pre-ordering the game, lol. No idea if the second one is valid, but if someone wants to try it:

Quote to reveal.

http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

CODE 1: YKA-RJG-MH9 (WARLOCK)
CODE 2: 3DA-P4X-F6A (HUNTER)
CODE 3: MVD-4N3-NKH (TITAN)
CODE 4: TCN-HCD-TGY (RIXIS)
CODE 5: HDX-ALM-V4K (OLD RUSSIA)

New Ones:
CODE 6: 473-MXR-3X9 (HIVE)
CODE 7: JMR-LFN-4A3 (MOON)
CODE 8: HC3-H44-DKC (GJALLORHORN)

Thanks so much for posting these codes man. I was able to redeem/activate them as you suggested without issue. 2014 feels so far away.

Doffen

If anyone got a spare beta code for me, I would really appreciate it. I just don't want to spend another 100 NOK ($17) just to access the beta.

ElRenoRaven

New Ones:

Very freaking cool. This is why I wish I was rich and could just follow Bungie around to every show and conference they go to. lol

Trouble

Banned

New Ones:

Nice, thanks. I hope it's in-game stuff.

Slime

Banned
Did anyone ever receive theirs from EB/GameStop? (We still have both here in Canadia)

I went in and upgraded my PS3 preorder from February to a PS4 one and asked about the beta, and the guy took my email and said I'd get a code soon. It's been like a week though, and still nothing.

I looked it up on their website and it said people with digital preorders would receive theirs in the email within 5 days, but people who preordered via retail were supposed to receive the code in person, which I obviously didn't.

Guess I can go back in and ask about it tomorrow, but I was just curious. Have they only gone out to Amazon people? Are they not available in Canada after all?

Hope they didn't screw up and that it's not too late. I preordered super early so I thought I'd be a lock for this, but alas. At least I have my poster. :(

Mikey Jr.

Did anyone ever receive theirs from EB/GameStop? (We still have both here in Canadia)

I went in and upgraded my PS3 preorder from February to a PS4 one and asked about the beta, and the guy took my email and said I'd get a code soon. It's been like a week though, and still nothing.

I looked it up on their website and it said people with digital preorders would receive theirs in the email within 5 days, but people who preordered via retail were supposed to receive the code in person, which I obviously didn't.

Guess I can go back in and ask about it tomorrow, but I was just curious. Have they only gone out to Amazon people? Are they not available in Canada after all?

Hope they didn't screw up and that it's not too late. I preordered super early so I thought I'd be a lock for this, but alas. At least I have my poster. :(

Guy, do yourself a favour. I just did it right now.

Go to Amazon.com. Order the game. They will send you a code instantaneously. Cancel the game.

I ain't fucking around with EB games or Futureshop.

UNCMark

Banned

Go to Amazon.com. Order the game. They will send you a code instantaneously. Cancel the game.

Exactly, and the code came literally within seconds of hitting the order button. Canceled my order right after. Sorry, Amazon, but you're getting my money for the PS4 and accessories, so I don't feel too bad.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Better yet, keep until you try the beta and decide if it's for you. It's not like Amazon is going to charge you unless it ships tomorrow.

Mikey Jr.

Exactly, and the code came literally within seconds of hitting the order button. Canceled my order right after. Sorry, Amazon, but you're getting my money for the PS4 and accessories, so I don't feel too bad.

If I was in America, I would order from Amazon.com. But I am Canadian, and Amazon.ca aren't participating. The hell do they want me to do?

So yeah, I don't feel bad. I kinda had no other option.

Better yet, keep until you try the beta and decide if it's for you. It's not like Amazon is going to charge you unless it ships tomorrow.

I'm Canadian.

DeMeester

If someone got a second code for the Destiny beta I'm willing to trade my European Nintendo code (750 stars) I received with my 3DS XL. Just send me a PM :).

SegaShack

If someone got a second code for the Destiny beta I'm willing to trade my European Nintendo code (750 stars) I received with my 3DS XL. Just send me a PM :).

The code is free if you pre-order with Amazon, just cancel before the game comes out and nothing is charged.

calder

Lol yeah, wtf I was an idiot. I preordered from Futureshop (ugh) a few days ago and got nothing. So I just preordered from Amazon.com and got a beta code like 5 seconds later.

Kalren

Just received a code from Futureshop. Entered it and it looks like I'm good to go.

Also sent a request for the GAF group

Kajiba

New Ones:

Thanks for the codes. Still work after so many days.

Top Bottom