• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATVI: "Crash surpassed our wildest expectations" and "looking at other classic IP"

phanphare

Banned
brand new crash game and a spyro trilogy remaster please and thank you

I'll just leave my credit card info to make it easier

Leynos

Soldier_of_Fortune_Coverart.png

350.png

Good news, there is already another Soldiers of Fortune game!

maxresdefault.jpg

Print_Dog

I got chills. Spyro the Dragon was the first game I ever beat. I still remember the end credits. I didn't even know games had credits back then. I ran and got my sister and bragged. She didn't care, but that's when I fell in love with games.

Spyro trilogy...please be on the way. Day 1 purchase.

ZarKryn7

I mean, this is Activision. I don't think a Spyro collection will achieve even half the success Crash has achieved.

Spyro would be harder to remake too wouldn't it? They were bigger, more complex games weren't they?

You're really underestimating the potential audience Spyro can get.

Spyro has an established audience with the young (Skylanders) audience and the older audience as well. Bringing a Spyro collection or a new Spyro game with elements of Classic Spyro game will spark a conversations between the demographics.

Basically I'm saying they have somewhat of a TMNT-esque scenario in hand.

And they're gonna have to execute properly in order to have success when it comes to them marketing and such.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Wait they finally released Spyro on the US PSN? I never played the trilogy back in the day and saw that it wasn't available in the US. Might have to break out my PSP.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Amazing news and pretty much confirms Spyro is next, along with a new Crash game for today's systems!!!

Edit-- And GAF needs a Crash crow eating thread ASAP!!!

Yup been pretty clear to me that Spyro is all but guaranteed after the performance from Crash.

I don't expect a Spyro Remaster to sell the same amount of units, as well Crash was THE mascot for the system for a number of years, but it will still sell plenty well.

We'll see it teased at either PSX in December (possibly too early but not impossible) or at E3 2018 I'd say.

I skipped the Crash remaster because I never really played them so didn't have that nostalgia factor.

Spyro on the other hand.... I'd be into that.

My daughter was watching some crash videos on youtube and really liked the character so i bought the remake trilogy today and she loves it. She's turning 4 in a few weeks so it's definitely not an easy game for her, but she keeps trying again and again and again.

I only remember playing the first few levels on my cousins ps1 in the 90's. I had an n64 so that was the only crash experience ive ever had, but the game has been very fun so far. It's actually pretty challenging. Im dying like it's dark souls! Time to see what i missed out on 20 years ago. Im liking it so far!

pixelation

Great, hear that Sony?... time to remake Jak and Daxter TPL!!!, it will sell gangbusters!!!
let me dream pliss...

Jmille99

Zero interest in Crash, but would be on board day 1 for Spyro. Relive nostalgia on my end while giving another game for my wife and son to play as well.

Nah fuck an HD remaster.

Give me a new true Spyro game, with levels and collectibles not whatever those PS2 abominations were (and we don't talk about skylanders).

It's all I want. NEW shit.

Nev

Banned
They need to replicate that if they want Spyro to be as successful.

No, they don't.

But guess it's time for the cycle to begin anew.

Spyro was never even a good game - people only liked it because they couldn't afford the superior N64 - it will only sell because of nostalgia.

Honey Bunny

Spyro PS1 games were incredibly atmospheric. They'll have to be more careful with how they update the music and the graphics.

CTR would be really successful if they make it I think. There isn't really a cart racing game on the PS4 yet. There isn't really a need to improve the racing or mechanics part. Maybe add new tracks and characters based on characters in the crash trilogy (maybe add some other IP like spyro, nathan drake, ratchet/clank, jak/daxter) and maybe improve the battle modes.

Spyro trilogy would be really successful too. PS1 Spyro has as much fandom if not more as Crash. Also the artstlye and gameplay really aged well and would translate really well to modern standards.

JawzPause

Crash had years of build up with the early PS4 cryptic hints and Shawn with that t-shirt.

They need to replicate that if they want Spyro to be as successful.
No they don't, that was just for hardcore fans. The majority of sales of crash will be from people who had no idea about all of that

DJKhaled

Please A Hero's Tail too. That's my favourite Spyro.

CTR remake, Crash 4 (not that Wrath of Cortex trash), Spyro too.

Make it happen Activision.
Wrath of Cortex was good.

Nah fuck an HD remaster.

Give me a new true Spyro game, with levels and collectibles not whatever those PS2 abominations were (and we don't talk about skylanders).

It's all I want. NEW shit.
The PS2 games were fine. The first wasn't very good hut A Hero's Tail is the best Spyro game.

Coreda

As a kid I couldn't see the appeal of Spyro. Could be because the design conveyed 'safe' with the plushy purple logo and flying, kid-friendly dino. The gameplay didn't grab me either. On the other hand I enjoyed titles like Banjo Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing which feature kid-friendly designs, too, so idk, wasn't my kind of game I guess.

What's strange is I distinctly remember playing it on the PC at a cousin's place in the late 90s. Could it have been on an emulator?

DJKhaled

As a kid I couldn't see the appeal of Spyro. Could be because the design conveyed 'safe' with the plushy purple logo and flying, kid-friendly dino.

What's strange is I distinctly remember playing it on the PC at a cousins place in the late 90s. Could it have been on an emulator?
Lol how in the hell could someone think Spyro is a flying dinosaur.

Top Bottom