• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most watched anime on Crunchyroll by game console

miku

Wii U: Sound! Euphonium

xIQ8Zhh.gif

Wii U won

farisr

Ah okay, this is basically which console owners watched anime skew the most from the average, not necessarily what they're watching the most.

So if for instance 10 people watched dragon ball super on average per console when tall consoles are considered, but xbox one had the highest part of that with 18 people watching it, that would make it a +80% stat for the xbox one.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that people watch dragon ball super the most on xbox one, there could be an anime that averages 25 users across consoles, and has 25 users on xbox one that watched it as well, but since that would be no change from the average, it doesn't get listed.

At least that's how I'm understanding it.

ar4757

For those of you who are wondering "where's Re:Zero?", there are charts demonstrating what shows got more views on a specific console than the average. I imagine if Crunchyroll released the overall most viewed on each specific format, they'll get seven very similar lists.

Probably needs to be emphasized - I was confused at first

A lot of anime viewers have crap taste; Haikyuu!! is nowhere on those lists. Too many people sleeping on the best shounen for the last couple years.

Weebos

Banned
For those of you who are wondering "where's Re:Zero?", there are charts demonstrating what shows got more views on a specific console than the average. I imagine if Crunchyroll released the overall most viewed on each specific format, they'll get seven very similar lists.

That explains a lot of the nonsense shows on here.

Can personally confirm, I basically spent the first half of the year catching up on JoJo on my Wii U. Had it hooked up the TV in the living room of my student flat, tended to watch as I ate dinner.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I tried the service a year ago, found nothing worth watching. Seems for people who love any anime, not good anime.

Crunchyroll has Haikyuu, JoJo, Re:Zero, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Parasyte, Fate/Zero, Kiznaiver, Orange, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, Chihayafuru, GTO, Magi, Joker Game, and dozens upon dozens of other great anime shows that cover every single genre in existence. This list is just off the top of my head.

Most of all anime produced is crap, just like most of all films/live-action shows/games/songs/books/anything. Crunchyroll has a lot of crap, but it also has the good stuff.

Jonnax

Haven't watch anime in year except for Brotherhood and Your Name.
So I saw everyone talking about Re:Zero, thought I'd check Wikipedia to see what's it about.

The story centers on Subaru Natsuki, a hikikomori who suddenly finds himself transported to another world on his way home from the convenience store.

With no sign of who summoned him, he soon befriends a silver-haired half-elf girl. When he and the girl are mysteriously killed,

Subaru awakens and discovers that he has acquired the ability "Return by Death", enabling him to reverse time by dying.

lol. Sounds like loser demographic attuned trash like Sword Art Online.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is RE:Zero really that good?
Berserk is the most viewed in Italy :)

As anything, taste is very subjective. You'll hear some people who love it and some people who hate it, and everything in-between.

I liked it personally, but I could see why someone else wouldn't like it. To kind of describe it, it starts off in the most stereotypical way possible about a shut-in male protagonist named Sabura finding himself randomly in a fantasy world, but it develops a lot deeper than that as (*minor first episode spoilers, but it's the premise for the whole show*) he resets to a previous 'checkpoint' whenever he dies, and not in a "a-ha, I'm all better now" type of way, it begins to give him PTSD. But it has a pretty likable cast of characters, some very good execution, twists, turns, some good fight scenes, etc.

It has some elements that might drag a bit here and there, but I enjoyed it. If into a show that sort of balances light-hearted and darker themes, can be a bit slow sometimes but with some good pay-off, then I might recommend it. Does have a small harem element but not really fanservicey and not the main focus (and at least in this season it's quite small for harem standards), it basically kind of balances a fantasy anime, a darker grotesque anime, a mystery thriller anime, and a drama anime with some slice-of-life moments, with spills of an action-anime when fights occur (they're infrequent but quite well done).

Basically it subverts what these shows are usually about, it's not an overpowered male-fantasy, but a character who is weak but wants to be strong but suffers for it. Suffering is a big theme through a lot of the first season of Re: ZERO, but it does lace it with likable characters, light-hearted moments, and with logical and well-done execution.

I'll definitely watch the second season whenever it hits, which is usually the biggest compliment I can give a show.

Here's the second OP which I think is far less deceitful than the first OP.

kulapik

So I saw everyone talking about Re:Zero, thought I'd check Wikipedia to see what's it about.

And there's where you're wrong and that's why people like it.

Brazil

It's not.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I haven't been to crunchyroll since they were one of those 'unofficial' downloading sites that just uploaded any and all anime to watch for free(about 10 years or so ago now), so i have no idea of the type of franchises hosted there, but the elitism in this thread about how some posters consider their tastes so much more superior is very amusing.

Everyone can watch anything they choose dudes and its all opinion

The problem is that you just went from 0 to 100 based on nothing but a basic summary. Don't do that.

Not saying anything about ReZero's quality personally speaking, but its a problem that i see often with opinions that go overboard and hyperbolic.

munchie64

There are like 3 good shows across all of those lists.
What I'd consider at least "good":

Sailor Moon Crystal
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinji
Lupin Part 4
Thunderbolt Fantasy
Space Patrol Lulucon
JoJo's
Sound! Euphonium
Yuri on Ice
Drifters
Dragonball Super
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless

So not, much, but eh. Pretty spread out if you ask me.

Brazil

What I'd consider at least "good":

Sailor Moon Crystal

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinji
Lupin Part 4
Thunderbolt Fantasy
Space Patrol Lulucon
JoJo's
Sound! Euphonium
Yuri on Ice
Drifters
Dragonball Super
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless

So not, much, but eh. Pretty spread out if you ask me.

They must've done quite the 180º after the first season if it's considered good nowadays.

That right there is your problem.

Real talk, I can't believe the whole waifu thing is still so popular. I mean, these girls all look exactly the same and only have one of four pre-determined personalities. You'd think after the 7364528849593761436th clone of one of the K-ON girls people would get tired, but nope.

Edit: crap, not the post I meant to quote. Mobile never again.

Fancolors

Ehhhh, I personally don't think it's very good, but don't expect the same SAO power fantasy.

Top Bottom