• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson Comments on Xbox One features (and also a general bit of commentary).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Party was such a great feature for Xbox Live, unfortunately it ruined some of the fun in some games. I'm not going to lie, I love trash talking. Especially when you're with a group of friends. Unfortunately, it seems too many don't know the difference between trash talking and being a racist homophobic douche. Also, way too many people blasting their stereos full blast with the headset on. Hopefully this system kind of revitalizes in game chat for games. I remember starting out on Xbox Live everyone greeting each other, talking trash in the lobbies, actually planning out strats and communicating. Sure, there were still a lot of assholes, but man most times the good outweighed the bad.

"Hey fat boy" was always a great opener in CoD lobbies. People would get fired UP if you call them fat boy.

So if you are playing a game with a football game going on in the background, how will audio be handled. Will it be a single button/voice command to switch which function gets audio? Will there be a possibility for both audio channels out to different sources e.g. main speakers for tv and headphones for game?

This was a great question by the way, and I was pissed at myself for not knowing the answer. So I got it.

At launch, the system will do an audio mix between what's in the main window and the snap window. You won't be able to separate the audio output.

But it's a great point, which I have delivered to the team.

This was a great question by the way, and I was pissed at myself for not knowing the answer. So I got it.

At launch, the system will do an audio mix between what's in the main window and the snap window. You won't be able to separate the audio output.

Any decision yet on whether a headset will be included?

LastNac

Honestly, my intrigue for the system is growing. Live was my digital home this gen, curious to see what happens.

model13

This is why I like NeoGaf and am willing to put up with the drama that goes on. Thanks for your willingness to interact with us.

So obviously you are excited for the games, but what feature are you most excited/proud of?

I am really excited to have Skype going while playing Killer Instinct and enjoying some good trash talking that will be enhanced with the video. Do we know if the Skype function will support group calls or will it be 1-1? I could see this going both ways with how Skype currently only supports 1-1 on mobile devices. However, if its going to replace the current Xbox Live party chat, it will need to support group calls.

Top Bottom