• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

Syder

July 25 in Fukushima (B Block)
- Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA
- Kenny Omega vs. Toru Yano
- Tama Tonga vs. EVIL
- Juice Robinson vs. Minoru Suzuki
- Satoshi Kojima vs. Michael Elgin

Any idea why they don't have English commentary for every night?

Shit's expensive. I believe Kelly and Callis work on a per-appearance basis, and New Japan really only wants to have them for the big nights. NJPW typically has the big matches during the first four nights and the last two at Ryogoku, so that's where they have the English commentary.

Anybody got a breakdown of must watch matches from each day so far?

From night one the must see match is Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito
and Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr. if you enjoy technical matches & Hirooki Goto vs. Tomohiro Ishii if you like hoss balttles

Nigh two must see match is Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenny Omega
and SANADA vs. EVIL if you have extra time

Nigh three must see match is Kota Ibushi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
and Yuji Nagata vs. Hirooki Goto for a hard hitting battle & Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii for a hoss battle

Night four must see match is Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin
and Minoru Suzuki vs. SANADA if you have extra time

Nigh five must see match is Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
and Togi Makabe vs. Hirooki Goto if you enjoy hoss battles & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Yuji Nagata if you want to see an ace from different eras battle

Slizz

and Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr. if you enjoy technical matches & Hirooki Goto vs. Tomohiro Ishii if you like hoss balttles

and Yuji Nagata vs. Hirooki Goto for a hard hitting battle & Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii for a hoss battle

and Togi Makabe vs. Hirooki Goto if you enjoy hoss battles & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Yuji Nagata if you want to see an ace from different eras battle

Awesome, thanks. Was browsing NJPW shirts, this Togi Makabe shirt is so dope.

UOTaD6T.jpg

iWQVZ1t.png

The dub one is far better, though you lose crowd noise. :/

I'd add EVIL vs. Juice Robinson from night four. Also every ZSJ match is great, though yeah, the Ibushi one is a standout.

Also any match that YOSHI HASHI loses is automatically awesome. Don't want to spoil results though.

May as well get it out of the way now, here's the full card for tomorrow's show in Fukushima.

(1) Togi Makabe & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kota Ibushi & Shota Umino
(2) Tomoyuki Oka & Katsuya Kitamura vs. Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
(3) Yuji Nagata & Hirai Kawato vs. Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi
(4) Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi & El Desperado vs. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens
(5) Hiroshi Tanahashi & David Finlay vs. Hirooki Goto & Jado
(6) G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Satoshi Kojima vs. Michael Elgin
(7) G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Tama Tonga vs. EVIL
(8) G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Juice Robinson vs. Minoru Suzuki
(9) G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Toru Yano vs. Kenny Omega
(10) G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA

Not much of note in the undercard except for Taguchi returning from his European vacation, other than that it's pretty easy to determine who wins each match. For tomorrow, I have: Elgin, EVIL, and then three big upsets with Juice, Yano, and SANADA.

Ronin Ray

Shit's expensive. I believe Kelly and Callis work on a per-appearance basis, and New Japan really only wants to have them for the big nights. NJPW typically has the big matches during the first four nights and the last two at Ryogoku, so that's where they have the English commentary.

Okay so I'm not crazy there's no English commentary for day 5? when do they come back?

If they want to grow and push more into America they need to have English commentators for every show maybe find some cheaper guys to fill in. I am available I am cheap lol

Seijuro

Tried to avoid spoilers so far, but I realize I sadly won't have the time to watch all of the G1... so: what are the must watch matches so far in the G1?

Edit: Already watched Ibushi/Naito and Kenny/Suzuki from night 1 and two respectively.

I hope Omega vs Yano will be the thing that brings the end to my mourning over the loss of Daryl.

Was there anything worth watching on RAW last night folks?

Hex

Banned
Kid legit pissing Ishii off.
Ishii threw him in his corner to tag out and he didn't do it and keeps coming back at Ishii.

Hex

Banned
:(

OMG

Takahashi out looking sad, Naito god kun comes out, does the fist bump, looks at Daryl ghost , gets on his knee and fist bumps Daryl ghost and Takahashi made the motion

Top Bottom