• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Trans Soldiers now barred from the military entirely

A cost of a single F-35 will pay for the gender surgeries of any veteran for 100 years.

When you hear a conservative talking about "bootstraps" in any way shape or form, its a dog whistle.

Steel

Banned
I can't speak for the person you're quoting but in my case it isn't a lack courage or conviction, it's a belief that it's an exercise in futility. I love a good, friendly debate with someone that doesn't agree with my opinion but lately the winds have shifted and things are much more hostile (on all sides) to the point where it's no longer enjoyable discussing our disagreements.

By the way, since you're surprised by this move, you realize that the house tried to pass a similar bill to this last week, right? This isn't just Trump.

I honestly cant understand why anyone would join the military. 3 of the last 4 presidents were draft dodgers. Kind of makes it seem like only suckers join and fight in the military.

Pretty damn easy. I'll give you just one:

The Post-9/11 GI Bill.

I have no students loans, which puts in a better position in life than most college graduates.

I can't speak for the person you're quoting but in my case it isn't a lack courage or conviction, it's a belief that it's an exercise in futility. I love a good, friendly debate with someone that doesn't agree with my opinion but lately the winds have shifted and things are much more hostile (on all sides) to the point where it's no longer enjoyable discussing our disagreements.

It's not supposed to be fucking enjoyable. This is the problem with many of you republicans. Because none of the things you are discussing personally effects you as you are likely a straight white male, you like to claim that it's just politics. Politics isn't just some random amusement for minorities to discuss.

"Tremendous medical costs"

uRaGTLs.jpg

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

Friendly debates should be limited to stuff like Marvel vs. DC.

"Should trans people have the same rights as everyone else" is not a topic of debate.

Theres no rhyme or reason other then to spite democrats.

I'm not a "Trumpist" but as a Republican most of us don't post much as we're likely to be shouted right out of these threads.

Why are you even on this board? Why do we allow Republicans on this board? Boggles my mind.

I can never be said enough: Fuck Trump and everything he stands for. He seems like he's pandering even more to his insane base than usual though. That's probably what you do, when everybody in your own party hates you.

AntChum

You just don't get it guys; if the military paid for these medical treatments, they wouldn't be able to afford all of the cup holders on their new $13 billion aircraft carriers. You wouldn't want spillages, would you?

Trump continues to create distractions to keep the focus off of his treason.

I'd just add this as another checkmark under the "definitely treason" column. Weakening the US military and shitting on Trans veterans and soldiers should definitely count towards it. I can guarantee you next thing Vlad's going to tell him to do is to also ban all male and female soldiers from the US military as well. And Trump will continue to do exactly as instructed.

platocplx

Why any LGBTQ, PoC, or other minority would want to serve a country that despises them, I don't know. America, as it stands, ain't worth dying for.

The Military is our welfare system. Most people see it as a way to make money and go through tons of shit to make a decent living.

We literally have not had to really be at a true war in decades and most wars that we have been in post WWII has been more steeped in personal interest than humanitarian or issues of america being attacked which doesnt justify how large the military is.

mclem

Well that's easy, many here have become blinded with rage in the Trump era (rightly so or not) and are no longer open to discussion or tolerant of any other ideas apart from their own. Honestly, I think some have become the very monsters they sought to slay.

No-one is intolerant of 'other ideas' in general

But when these 'other ideas' are predicated on the assertion that (some minority) is inherently (more criminal/a hindrance/dangerous/workshy/lazy/a sexual predator/other), then you sure as hell can expect people to push back. And they're not pushing back on the idea, they're pushing back on that assertion.

Slayven

"Should trans people have the same rights as everyone else" is not a topic of debate.

The worse thing that happen over the last 2 years is allowing folks to frame bigotry as "opinions"?

Folks' humanity are not up for debate

Yeah this guy in my shop complains about how money goes towards their surgery. He keeps telling me he's not republican or a trump supporter, but he's always defending trump.

Ms.Galaxy

Not everything is up to debate, somethings are black and white. If there was no black and white, there would be no gray. My human rights and humanity is not up to fucking debate! This isn't politics, this is basic human decency.

Azerare

I honestly cant understand why anyone would join the military. 3 of the last 4 presidents were draft dodgers. Kind of makes it seem like only suckers join and fight in the military.
Damn I'm a sucker for going for covered education. Well golly gee thanks for informing me.

Very curious who. I'd be surprised if all that many Generals really gave a shit about it when you get down to things.
CNN is reporting that Pentagon had no idea about the ban. Trump was referring to his Army Soldiers action figures.

In reality, its probably a political move designed to shore up a typical Republican base.

Gooooose, post if your ok bruh.
OT I think Trump's just distracting ya'll, notwithstanding the vile comments and chalking this up to medical cost saving (vomits)

He's off ranting about Sessions now.

Vindicis

Banned
Look at what thread you're in, there is no legitimate discussion from the other side of this argument.

I didn't attempt to offer one, I don't have one as I said because I don't agree with this decision. My response was in regards to people expecting some sort of Republican response to ANY of the political threads around here lately.

Not to be a broken record, but anyone who thought Trump or his cabinet would display an sort of genuine concern for the lives/rights of LGBT individuals, for even a millisecond, is an absolute moron.

Slaythe

Can he drop dead ? I'm sure all that KFC could be put to good use and give him a heart attack ?

And I don't mean this sarcastically, I'm not religious, I don't care, I want him to drop dead.

He is an insult to humanity, I feel like all the steps forwards we made in the past years are being undone with this piece of shit in power.

Makes me a bit depressed not gonna lie. Because MILLIONS OF PEOPLE follow this clown.

so uh

you know your entire paycheck and housing while in the military was paid by the taxpayer right

Wow, you're so insightful. I bet your next obvious statement will be 1 + 1 = 2. I worked for that check and paid taxes on the monies received.

I'm stopping right here, the Mods around these parts and the gaming side, tend to use the ban on me because I don't fall in line so, I'm out.

I didn't attempt to offer one, I don't have one as I said because I don't agree with this decision. My response was in regards to people expecting some sort of Republican response to ANY of the political threads around here lately.

The vast majority of your party still supports Trump. And if he was so horrifying they wouldn't blindly follow him to the edge

People want a republican response because things have gotten so out of hand and the republicans have become spineless cowards

ApharmdX

Banned
This is awful, of course, but this is pure pandering to Trump's evangelical base, right? I mean, dude went out of his way to target a very tiny minority of the population out of pure fucking spite. The Bible thumpers who use the book to bludgeon groups of people that they hate, this is for them. A bit of a "thank you for electing me".

I'm having a hard time processing current events these days. Our president takes to Twitter to announce policy that targets brave but vulnerable Americans directly, and his followers cheer. What is wrong with us as a nation?

RDreamer

Wow, you're so insightful. I bet your next obvious statement will be 1 + 1 = 2. I worked for that check and paid taxes on the monies received.

I'm stopping right here, the Mods around these parts and the gaming side, tend to use the ban on me because I don't fall in line so, I'm out.

I'm sure it's because you don't fall in line, lol.

You didn't answer my question. What exactly is your policy stance here? You don't think the military should pay for any surgery?

Nah keep goin'

Also how would you know about being banned, you're a Junior, junior bans are perm o.o

watershed

Banned
Let's just be clear about this: there is no reasonable justification for this ban. No, it's not about money. No, it's not about healthcare. No, it's not about military readiness. Every defense for this ban is rooted in the same arguments against allowing women to serve in the military or people of color. It's pure bigotry and ignorance.

I feel sorry for all the citizens who wasted time thanking you for your service.

Ej8em.gif

Dierce

Fucking Reddit. Half the posts on there defending the decision on the front page... fucking alt right assholes thinking that they are being reasonable. This has absolutely nothing to do with costs or making anything more efficient. This is outright bigotry and political pandering.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The worse thing that happen over the last 2 years is allowing folks to frame bigotry as "opinions"?

Folks' humanity are not up for debate

Don't you long for the days when two white men could get on TV and calmly discuss/laugh about the right way to handle the growing homosexual problem the right way "minorities" can be allowed into the workforce without upsetting good upstanding Americans?

I want to know which of this poster's rights we get to have a debate on keeping. Maybe he will grace us with his answer, if it's not too much trouble for this particular snowflake.

Top Bottom