• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One will protect you, the other nine are coming to kill you...

BigDes

I don't understand how Batman stops the Flash. If Flash has his guard up, there is no way Batman could ever do anything to him.

Barry I have a bomb tied to Iris's neck.

If I die she dies. Also I kidnapped her and I am not telling you where she is. Also I threw a few poisionous snakes in there too.

So you can kill me or you can scour the entire planet looking for her. Buh bye now.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Batman has fucking contingency plans for the Justice League.

I'm fairly certain I'll be just fine with him.

I don't understand how Batman stops the Flash. If Flash has his guard up, there is no way Batman could ever do anything to him.

This is *protection* not attack.

A pretty sound argument could be made for Batman having a contingency for every hero trying to attack the person he is protecting.

But if you pushed it - only WW has never been stopped by Batman. Flash has.

jelly

They would get you eventually so I would like to hang out with anyone that could fly.

raw

or give me an Iron Man suit.

StayDead

The Batman vs all scenarios are stupid, because it's just major plot armor for batman. The Flash wouldn't even go anywhere near present batman to beat him. He'd just go back in time and stop him being born.

Superman would just fly at lightspeed, pick up batman and take him off world at a moments notice causing him to suffocate in space.Same goes for the Lantern.

Everyone could kill Batman, it's just stories are written for him in such a convenient way that he gets out of things.

Unbounded

If I die she dies. Also I kidnapped her and I am not telling you where she is. Also I threw a few poisionous snakes in there too.

So you can kill me or you can scour the entire planet looking for her. Buh bye now.

"Scour the entire planet"

"Okay, but lemme throw this guy I'm protecting in an parallel dimension first. I'll be back in an actual second."

Prep time Batman is the dumbest 8-year-old-on-a-playground shit ever and I refuse to acknowledge it.

Flash is the correct choice.

Flash can move faster than light. He could scour the entire planet 1000x in less than second if he wanted to. Or travel back in time.

Flash and Green Lantern are the only real options since they could both take you places the other characters couldn't go. And even though Superman could follow Green Lantern into space, if it's Hal or Kyle they'd whip Supe's ass anyway.

Pick anyone else and Flash kills you himself in an attosecond.

TreIII

I usually side with Supes on things like this, but I'd probably have to go with Flash if Superman One Million wasn't an option.

The Batman vs all scenarios are stupid, because it's just major plot armor for batman. The Flash wouldn't even go anywhere near present batman to beat him. He'd just go back in time and stop him being born.

Superman would just fly at lightspeed, pick up batman and take him off world at a moments notice causing him to suffocate in space.Same goes for the Lantern.

Everyone could kill Batman, it's just stories are written for him in such a convenient way that he gets out of things.

Batman's power has never been prep time. It's always been plot armour.

Oh please. He’d snap all ten of his Lee Press-On Nails in one swipe at Superman’s chest, and then spend the last four seconds of his life crying like a bitch.

Bruh.

Superman would never even see T'Challa until after being depowered, if at all. Second he signs up to tussle with the Panther his kind is well and truly extinct.

A predictable boyscout is no challenge for the King. Clark would regret ever crossing into Wakanda airspace.

BigDes

Prep time Batman is the dumbest 8-year-old-on-a-playground shit ever and I refuse to acknowledge it.

Flash is the correct choice.

Flash can move faster than light. He could scour the entire planet 1000x in less than second if he wanted to. Or travel back in time.

Deathstroke beat Flash simply by moving his sword a bit.

Flash is a chump

Skii

Why would the Flash let Batman kidnap Iris? lol. If he knows 9 superheroes are after him, he knows what they can use as leverage and will make sure they cant.

This is *protection* not attack.

A pretty sound argument could be made for Batman having a contingency for every hero trying to attack the person he is protecting.

But if you pushed it - only WW has never been stopped by Batman. Flash has.

But apparently one of the contingency plans is something that can happen before the Flash can react?

Anyway, I was talking about the Flash being the protector. I dont see Batman doing anything that will give him access to the person Flash is protecting. He is just too fast.

Dehnus

Segata Sanshiro! Let the other ten try and fail! I'll be happily playing SEGA Saturn, while he kills them for trying to kill me irl rather than playing SEGA Saturn, or just playing against me and killing me in the game.

Miles X

Superman, is there any other answer! He's the strongest.

Plus, alien. More likely to be open to sex with anyone *ahem*

Why would the Flash let Batman kidnap Iris? lol. If he knows 9 superheroes are after him, he knows what they can use as leverage and will make sure they cant.

But apparently one of the contingency plans is something that can happen before the Flash can react?

Anyway, I was talking about the Flash being the protector. I dont see Batman doing anything that will give him access to the person Flash is protecting. He is just too fast.

If Flash is the protector then you can be sure it's on Earth, unless it's that silly Flash that can run through space somehow.

Main problem with Flash being the protector is he could take you to an alternate timeline/future/past/etc...

So yea Flash as protector is probably the winner.

I'd pick Wonder Woman. No reason other than I love the idea of Wonder Woman protecting me. Not sure if she's capable of beating all or any of the others, but maybe before Batman and Supes are about to kill me I'll tell them my mom's name is Martha.

exfatal

I'd go Batman considering if most of the justice league is trying to kill me their going to use all at their disposal including the watch tower. Batmans hid from the justice league b4 for years. And also batman the type to turn their resources against them like blowing up the thing up then hiding me deep underground lead based bunker. While he slowly takes them out 1 at a time, or just hide and continue working out plans to stop them longer batman has the more screwed the others are. Flash would be the only problem but with 2 day prep time i think batmans got this.

Flash could run me to another universe but it isnt like batman superman and co dont have the means to go dimension hopping.

I'd actually want doctor fate to be the one to protect me

Nev

Banned
Lmao who'd even chose Robin or America. The only one who could realistically save you from the other nine is Flash. And that'd be by getting you the fuck out of there.

btrboyev

Anyone not choosing Batman has a death wish.

Batsman would get owned by any one of those other superheroes.

People give his prep time shit too much credit. The only hero on that list he may have a chance at his tony stark/iron man. And I think they are pretty equal, but Tony is smarter.

Surprised more people aren't picking Green Lantern. He's the most versatile of the bunch with a ton of hax abilities. He can also travel to places where the others can't follow.

Unless Bats gets the speed force, he ain't doing shit to Flash and, by extension, whomever chooses to be protected by him.

Surprised more people aren't picking Green Lantern. He's the most versatile of the bunch with a ton of hax abilities. He can also travel to places where the others can't follow.

Superman can follow, which is enough to keep me from picking any Lantern. Well, maybe Sodam Yat.

StayDead

Batsman would get owned by any one of those other superheroes.

People give his prep time shit too much credit. The only hero on that list he may have a chance at his tony stark/iron man. And I think they are pretty equal, but Tony is smarter.

As I and someone else said before Batman's power is plot armour. Remove that which he wouldn't have in this scenario as you're the protagonist and he gets immediately owned by everyone.

BigDes

Which Green Lantern are we talking about?

If it's Hal protecting me then just give me a gun and I'll shoot myself, save everyone some time.

Verelios

Why isn't Steppenwolfe an option? Dude would fuck shit up sideways for me, and though I'd eventually​ die it wouldn't be for years.

Preezy

Traditionally, Alfred never grills his sandwiches, serving them instead in the traditional afternoon style. As the thinness of the bread is a point of pride in his kitchen, a dense-textured white Pullman loaf is cut with a wide-bladed knife, which guides the cut; daylight passing through the resulting fine pores. The peel of a single cucumber is then either removed or scored lengthwise with a fork before the cucumber is sliced. The slices of bread are carefully buttered all the way to the edges in the thinnest coating, which is only to prevent the bread from becoming damp with cucumber juice, and the slices of cucumber, which have been dashed with salt and lemon juice, are placed in the sandwich just before serving in order to prevent the sandwich from becoming damp enough to moisten the eater's fingers. The crusts of the bread are cut away cleanly, creating the sandwiches themselves, before presented by the dedicated butler to his ravenous guests.
Bravo.

Bruh.

Superman would never even see T'Challa until after being depowered, if at all. Second he signs up to tussle with the Panther his kind is well and truly extinct.

A predictable boyscout is no challenge for the King. Clark would regret ever crossing into Wakanda airspace.

Superman wouldn’t have to enter Wakanda airspace. He could drop the moon on Wakanda.

Black Panther wouldn’t know what hit him. Hell, he got smacked around by Bucky Barnes in Civil War. That’s barely above getting beaten on by green-panties-era Robin on the scale of embarrassing fight moments.

SaviorX

What's up with the Marvel heroes, none of them are really equipped to deal with cosmic level threats which several of the DC heroes are.

I get that it's some of the most recognizable characters but still...
Marvel heroes are more grounded in reality; many are 'simply' superhumans as opposed to gods.

You can mask bad writing by simply overpowering a hero to a galactical degree, which often happens with Superman. It's no wonder (no pun intended) that Batman is the most popular DC hero cause he is somewhat relatable.

GreekWolf

Spider-Man's actually not a terrible choice considering the ridiculous events he always manages to become involved in but ignores comic book canon to overcome and survive.

He's inexplicably punched out Superman level foes like Firelord and Hulk.

Not only survived but defeated the Sinister Six

Single-handedly defeated the X-Men

But then, you have to factor in the Parker luck (which is almost always bad) and, eh... yeah, I think I'll stick with Supes.

Even crazy-ass Frank Miller, the godfather of prep time Batman, just admitted that it's all bullshit in the last issue of Dark Knight 3. Bruce was left profoundly shook while watching Supes dispose of a bunch of kryptonians in an instant. He finally realized that he's never actually fought him at anywhere near full power.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Spider-Man's actually not a terrible choice considering the ridiculous events he always manages to become involved in but ignores comic book canon to overcome and survive.

He's inexplicably punched out Superman level foes like Firelord and Hulk.

Not only survived but defeated the Sinister Six

Single-handedly defeated the X-Men

But then, you have to factor in the Parker luck (which is almost always bad) and, eh... yeah, I think I'll stick with Supes.

Parker luck only ensures his girlfriend fucks some other dude while he is busy saving your life

Top Bottom