• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
dull.

Wanted to comment on different things but couldnt. so frustrating.

Anyway, it looks like I'm sticking with NFLGAF and animeGAF. Not venturing too far from either one. Maybe in the MLP community thread occasionally.

Regarding bionics idea of the Saints being the villains...I kinda like it.

NO! Us Patriots are the NFL's super villains. That's our thing!

dull.

Wanted to comment on different things but couldnt. so frustrating.

Anyway, it looks like I'm sticking with NFLGAF and animeGAF. Not venturing too far from either one. Maybe in the MLP community thread occasionally.

Regarding bionics idea of the Saints being the villains...I kinda like it.

Saints aren't villains. They are losers who got caught and now want to apologize. When was the last time a villain apologized? The saints are more like cowards, liars and cheats. First the niners beat that ass and now there is an asterisk Super Bowl win! Mmmm mmm!

cajunator

Banned
Saints aren't villains. They are losers who got caught and now want to apologize. When was the last time a villain apologized? The saints are more like cowards, liars and cheats. First the niners beat that ass and now there is an asterisk Super Bowl win! Mmmm mmm!

The niners probably did a shit ton of shady things in the 80's. Its not really a big deal unless your team gets caught.

squicken

A.Smith will be a free agent March 13. Peyton will be a free agent tomorrow.

Which one would you rather sign?

hmmm Peyton has severe nerve damage and can't throw more than 30 yds

Alex has the hands of a little girl and can't throw more than 30 yds

Probably should trade Aldon Smith, Navarro Bowman, and their 1st and 2nd to the Rams for RG3

hmmm Peyton has severe nerve damage and can't throw more than 30 yds

Alex has the hands of a little girl and can't throw more than 30 yds

Probably should trade Aldon Smith, Navarro Bowman, and their 1st and 2nd to the Rams for RG3

And yet Alex is by far the best qb in the division. Maybe in 7 years Bradford can make something of himself!

squicken

RG3 price just dropped a ton. Rams wanted 3 firsts? :jnc

How many years can the Brownies keep running out garbage QBs to their fans? If you don't get Peyton or Flynttt, are you really gonna run out Colt McCoy and try and tell the fans that's a good thing?

Rams don't want 3 #1s, they want your team's two #1s

Manning is cut.

iCsq8ga05kr6T.gif

iCsq8ga05kr6T.gif

iCsq8ga05kr6T.gif

exarkun

Come to the Texans Manning! You know we'll treat you right, we really like character and we're loyal to a fault!

If not us, go to the Chiefs! Follow Montana!

Wes

venison crêpe
How many years can the Brownies keep running out garbage QBs to their fans? If you don't get Peyton or Flynttt, are you really gonna run out Colt McCoy and try and tell the fans that's a good thing?

Rich Eisen ‏ @richeisen 2 hours ago
Just had chat with Rams GM Les Snead. Sure sounded like he wants 3 first-rounders for #2 pick.

Peyton isn't going to come to the Browns. Flynn, maybe but the stronger link is to reunite with that coach now in Miami.

I don't disagree we should go after RG3, I just think the cost of moving up to #2 to do it went down.

LukeSmith

Pretty sad as a huge Colts fan.

Selfishly, I hope Peyton comes to Seattle, that way I could go see him play in person. Even if it's in those hideous fucking Seachickens unis

Time for multiple seasons of rebuilding. We can only hope to be Redskins-tier sans shitty offseason moves.

I'm a bit surprised in the Mathis resigning. He's not young - I would've thought they'd have let he and Freeney expire (next year for Dwight) as the defense begins to transition into whatever new scheme they are going to be running.

jakncoke

Banned

You mean Ty Detmer , Tim Couch, Spergon Wynn, Doug Peterson, Kelly Holcomb , Luke McNown, Jeff Garcia, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye,Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Bruce Gradkowski, Brady Quinn, Seneca Wallace, Seneca Wallace, Colt McCoy aren't quality? well i'll be damned.

squicken

My money is on Miami. Ross is a star fucker, will pay, stroke Peyton's ego like he loves, Manning has a house there, and they are ready to win.

jakncoke

Banned
Rich Eisen ‏ @richeisen 2 hours ago
Just had chat with Rams GM Les Snead. Sure sounded like he wants 3 first-rounders for #2 pick.

Peyton isn't going to come to the Browns. Flynn, maybe but the stronger link is to reunite with that coach now in Miami.

I don't disagree we should go after RG3, I just think the cost of moving up to #2 to do it went down.

rofl no one is going to give up 3 firsts.

Wait I'm confused, why did they cut him? Does Peyton really have no trade value? Or are they doing it as a favor for his years of service?

Selfishly, I hope Peyton comes to Seattle.

Time for multiple seasons of rebuilding. We can only hope to be Redskins-tier sans shitty offseason moves.

This is how it's gonna end with the Colts:

1. They draft Luck and keep Manning with the plan to groom Luck untill Manning becomes too old/retires.
2. Manning will annouce his retirement and immediately HC Rob Ryan will make Luck the starter.
3. Manning suddenly realizes he doesn't really want to retire and demands a trade or his starting position back. They trade him out of the AFC to the Seattle Seahawks ,where he signs a one year deal, and than he will start the season off great, to eventually just miss the play-offs because of a shoulder injury. After the season he will announce his retirement once again.
4. Sitting at his ranch in Tennessee, Manning misses football and signs a deal with the Titans. A team with a strong running game and a solide defense, which only misses a QB to make a playoff run. But most importantly in the same devision as his former team the Colts. He will play a magical season defeating Luck in both games against the Colts and he makes it all the way to the AFC championship game, but an bad decision leads to an interception by Vince Wilfork and the Patriots win the game and later the Super Bowl.
5. The year after that Manning is poised to repeat, but his old fragile body still hurts from the pounding he took in the AFC Championship game by the almighty Patriots Defense, so he crashes and burns losing game after game and will eventually be benched to be replaced by Jake Locker.
6. It then is finally time for the Old Peyton to retire, only having won 1 Super Bowl in this entire carreer.

This is how it will go down, or close to this.

exarkun

Sorry to you and mr. snrub. Colts v Texans will never be the same :(.

At least you had all those amazing years.

jakncoke

Banned

4 yr 36 million deals to 31 year old DE's is the cornerstone to a well founded rebuilding process!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom