• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

Air Missions: HIND - 17$, 2.66GB.
(Trial available. 45 mins, unlocks achievements.)

Montresor

I've been playing The Sexy Brutale and Ori & The Blind Forest lately.

Sexy Brutale is really unique - it's like a puzzle game with Majora's Mask or Dead Rising's time mechanic. Kind of interesting. You have 10 or so minutes to explore the mansion. You have to "collect" intel by seeing where people's whereabouts are. The goal is to collect enough intel (through multiple 10-minute playthroughs) to find out how to save certain inhabitants in the mansion.

Ori is nuts - probably will end up as one of my favourite games on the system. I teared up at the beginning.

After those two games I honestly want to put aside indies/XBLA-type games for awhile. It's almost all I play. I want to mix it up and start playing AAA games a bit more. I plan on going through the following:

AC Syndicate
Titanfall 2
Rare Replay
Wolfenstein The Old Blood

Oynox

Don't start with Wolfenstein because you won't enjoy another story after that.

Just kidding, both Titanfall and Wolfenstein have very well done Singleplayer campaigns though I clearly prefer Wolfenstein.

Montresor

Thanks for posting both your thoughts buds.

Don't start with Wolfenstein because you won't enjoy another story after that.

Just kidding, both Titanfall and Wolfenstein have very well done Singleplayer campaigns though I clearly prefer Wolfenstein.

What really excited me and got me pumped were the trailers for AC Origins and Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus.

Wolfenstein especially. I played The New Order when it launched it 2014 and loved it so much. So I'm itching to get into The Old Blood soon and New Colossus this October.

Montresor

Old Blood was pretty good. Not as good as New Order mind you, but definitely worth a play through NOW

Yeah The New Order blew me away. It has such an awesome mix of action-packed game play and quieter moments where you could explore and take a breath. It reminded me a lot of Half Life 2 in that respect.

The best thing about it is i loooove so much the idea of alternate realities and WW2. Wolfenstein The New Order is all about the Nazis winning WW2 and the aftermath of that in 1960s Europe. And New Colossus has me hyped because the Nazis are now occupying the USA. Very interesting to think about. I want to join BJ and his resistance against the Germans heheheh.

I loved Inglourious Basterds by Tarantino for the same reason. Alternate reality WW2 where 8 or so Americans murder Hitler and the entire Nazi leadership at a movie theatre.

danowat

Banned
Released today,

Air Missions: HIND - 17$, 2.66GB.
(Trial available. 45 mins, unlocks achievements.)

Downloaded the trial, think you'll be hard pushed to earn any achievements in 45mins though!.

As for the game itself, it's never going to win any awards for graphics or presentation, but it's a genre that is sorely lacking from consoles, and the chopper handles really quite well, I think it's worth £13, although I have way too many games on the go at the moment to take the plunge.

Vert boil

Downloaded the trial, think you'll be hard pushed to earn any achievements in 45mins though!.

As for the game itself, it's never going to win any awards for graphics or presentation, but it's a genre that is sorely lacking from consoles, and the chopper handles really quite well, I think it's worth £13, although I have way too many games on the go at the moment to take the plunge.

You can easily snag two for 180gs from one Instant Action Mission. You could get more but you'd have to fanny about pre-planning shit.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Rough Google Translation of This Tweet

States that they're working on patching the games performance and issues. Will be nice to have the option of buying these on X1, properly, finally.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
They're still a little pricey, but I'd do it if they actually ran fine.

Everything seems cheaper to me on Xbox with the ability to constantly be earning Rewards credits. With digital purchases, this generally means I always get a few dollars off on this system, compared to other. Or fully cover the purchase price entirely.

I do wish they'd start releasing some package deals, though.

Montresor

Almost done The Sexy Brutale. Wow what an incredible game. My goodness this is truly the Majora's Mask of puzzle games. Tentatively this is going to go up as a 5/5 for me.

Edit: My thoughts are here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1393719

Definitely an awesome game. The Sexy Brutale is completely nuts. That game is going totally way under the radar for something that is so meticulously crafted.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/06/17/xbox-upcoming-games-june-19-25/

On June 23, Broken Age by Double Fine and Grim Legends 2 by Artifex Mundi are coming out!!!

Broken Age releasing suddenly like that has me pretty hopeful/optimistic for other previously PS4-exclusive indie/adventure games. Pray to the gods above that we eventually get Talos Principle, Dangonronpa, 999, Virtue's Last Reward, and Zero Time Dilemma.
Yep pretty good stuff! Grim Legends was fun so GL2 should hopefully be good too

eastx

On June 23, Broken Age by Double Fine and Grim Legends 2 by Artifex Mundi are coming out!!!

Broken Age releasing suddenly like that has me pretty hopeful/optimistic for other previously PS4-exclusive indie/adventure games. Pray to the gods above that we eventually get Talos Principle, Dangonronpa, 999, Virtue's Last Reward, and Zero Time Dilemma.

We're never ever getting those Japanese games... But Broken Age coming over is really awesome. Glad the timed exclusivity finally ran out.

I livestreamed Grim Legends 2 on Saturday. It is good (but I hate the voice actors):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUO9-Wa-Yyg

On June 23, Broken Age by Double Fine and Grim Legends 2 by Artifex Mundi are comingeae out!!!

I really want Soma, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. No idea if there's even a possibility for any of those, but I'd love some of my Xbox-exclusive friends to have the opportunity to play them.

zorbsie

I really want Soma, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. No idea if there's even a possibility for any of those, but I'd love some of my Xbox-exclusive friends to have the opportunity to play them.

Yes to all of those and add What Remains of Edith Finch on that list for me. :)

Montresor

Turing Test is $6, instant buy for me.

Turing Test is a top 10 game of 2016 for me. I got it at launch for $20 and was incredibly pleased.

Ah that summer of 2016 was so good for incredible puzzle games. You had Inside at the end of June. The Turing Test at the end of August. And very shortly after in early September, Virginia, Firewatch, and The Witness all came out in quick succession.

Turing Test is $6, instant buy for me.

Turing Test is a top 10 game of 2016 for me. I got it at launch for $20 and was incredibly pleased.

Ah that summer of 2016 was so good for incredible puzzle games. You had Inside at the end of June. The Turing Test at the end of August. And very shortly after in early September, Virginia, Firewatch, and The Witness all came out in quick succession.

Fantastic game. At that price it's hard not to recommend it.
Oh hell yes. Seen it at like $10 before but didn't bite, will get it now.

Grabbed Broken Sword 5 for $6.25, been waiting forever to get that on sale

There's a LOT of cheap indie games this week! Is MS trying to kill me?? I might have to pick most of these $2/3 ones up just because...

Ohmbrew

Hi guys,

is anyone here going to be trying out Dungeon Defenders II? The art looks nice and I've been tempted to try it out. Any thoughts on the game?

eastx

I would've definitely included Tacoma and A Way Out in the list. Nice write up either way.

Yeah, I was just so busy with appointments that I didn't get to see everything. Way too many games there for any one person to take in, especially with the extra crowds this year. :)

Ohmbrew

I had approx. $6 USD in MS Account credit expiring on Friday, so I picked up Guns, Gore, and Cannoli and Clouds & Sheep 2.

I figured the utter violence and gore from GG&C can be offset by the fluffy clouds and sheep to let me sleep well at night!

Oynox

Any charming couch coop games on sale that I can enjoy with my GF that are not too hard on mechanics? :)

As far as I can see, no. But keep an eye out on Overcooked (which actually is 10% of, which is not much though), best coop game on Xbox One hands down. Furthermore you should check out Kalimba. Rayman Legends would be worth a try as well.

As far as I can see, no. But keep an eye out on Overcooked (which actually is 10% of, which is not much though), best coop game on Xbox One hands down. Furthermore you should check out Kalimba. Rayman Legends would be worth a try as well.
If you value your relationship I would *not* play Kalimba haha

Oynox

If you value your relationship I would *not* play Kalimba haha

If you have a strong relationship you probably only end up not speaking with each other for a week ;)

Just kidding. Although (maybe because) it is possible to bait your partner, it is a really fun game.

Montresor

Grim Legends 2 is bought and downloaded. Just about to start a playthrough.

I bought Dreamals: Dream Quest as part of the sale. I regret it. Pretty pisspoor low budget game. I got sucked in by the trailer's cutesy story/presentation. The game just isn't that fun. Visuals are messy and low budget. Each world has an animal giving you rapid fire tips with text bubbles - and in those text bubbles the text is WAY too small and goes by way too fast. And the overall game play hook, while pretty unique/interesting, isn't very fun. I've deleted it and quit the game. I'll give it a 1.5/5.

Top Bottom