• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation |OT| 1 Alien. 1 Ripley. No Jonesy.

DAY 1 ON LOCK!

tumblr_lz8x0nWf3b1qh01r8o1_500.gif

1337Sauce

Can't wait for this game, might be able to get a copy before the weekend. Do you think when the embargo goes up I would be able to stream on twitch without getting banned? How is Sega for video content before the actual release?

RyudBoy

I haven't paid much attention to this game. I know it's in first person, but do you get to shoot stuff?

Oh, looking at the screenshots, I guess you do.

Everybody keeps saying what a great month this is.
For me this is THE ONLY game this month. This year!

The worst it can do for me is to not be extremely good.
No matter what the reviews might or might not say, this game won't be bad. A game with so much care and detail and love put into it cannot be bad. Superior art direction and production values prevent this from ever being bad, even if the gameplay turns out less than optimal.
Even if it's totally broken, I've stated this before, I'm just happy to be able to walk on the Nostromo, look at all the crazy detail and feel like I'm there. Everything else is pretty much just a bonus for me. A huge bonus.

Bring it!

Solidsoul

Banned
AHHHH YEEEAH.

I love NeoGAF OT's. No better way to get hyped. Alien Isolation is gonna be awesome!

What kind of scores are we expecting? I'm thinking 8.5-9.0 with one of the downfalls being short on content, even though it's gonna be plenty for me.

Fady K

Oh God pleaaaaaaaaaaaase be good, I don't mind if you are great either!! Alien is one of my all time favorite films and I love horror games, and this one looks like it has the elements I adore in horror games. PLEASE. Be. Good!!!

Gearbox already screwed us big time with Aliens Colonial Marines >_<

Deuterium

I have been having some pain in my abdominal area. I recently went in for a CT scan. I just got back the results:

alien-3-scan1b_zpsa53b29b5.png

Should I be concerned??

Daigoro

mmmm Alien.

pretty sure i need to buy this game this month.

I have been having some pain in my abdominal area. I recently went in for a CT scan. I just got back the results:

alien-3-scan1b_zpsa53b29b5.png

Should I be concerned??

as long as the face hugger is off, i think you'll be ok.

God I hope this game is good.

I mean, I'll never play it because I'm a pansy, but I really want to watch someone else play it so we can be pansies together.

Is there system requirements for this yet?

More 6gb ultra settings? :(

Also, I hate gameplay where you have to run away from a powerful enemy because you can't kill it yet!

But I'll make an exception to this game!

Linconan

I gotto get moving, and get my lounge room perfect.
I gotto watch ALIEN again, and this time i'll Convert to 3D.

It's coming,..
It's nearly here,..
It's..
GIFSoup

Kordelle

Any way to get both Pre-Order DLC digital?
Seems like you only get the Nostromo stuff and not the Ripley DLC or didd I get it wrong?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Anyone else playing the DLC first before Isolation? is that possible?

I'm very much looking forward to this game. Alien remains one of my all-time favorite films and I'm so glad a game is being released that's inspired by it, rather than its sequel.

Linconan

I'm very much looking forward to this game. Alien remains one of my all-time favorite films and I'm so glad a game is being released that's inspired by it, rather than its sequel.

Technically it is the sequel to ALIEN.
Just like Aliens Colonial Marines is the sequel to ALIENS.
Think of them as being .5 in reference too.

ALIEN: Isolation was "inspired" from ALIEN as in being a survival/horror concept from the Alien.

Fady K

ALIEN: Isolation was "inspired" from ALIEN as in being a survival/horror concept from the Alien.

It is nice to finally be getting a game related to the superior (IMO) Alien film. I was getting tired of all the "Aliens" games, especially due to them not being so good barring the excellent and criminally missed Aliens Infestation on the DS!

That's what I meant. This game is inspired by the original film and its concepts, whereas most games based on this IP are inspired by Aliens.

When I said "its sequel", I meant Aliens. Meaning, I'm glad this game is inspired by Alien, instead of Aliens.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is this going to be as good as the PC version of Aliens Colonial Marines?

Linconan

It is nice to finally be getting a game related to the superior (IMO) Alien
Yeah man, i don't know how many times i always wanted a game like this to play :)
*giggles*

Aliens Colonial Marines is a fun game (fuck all the haters,lol),
but i really wanted to get to the roots for what i loved about ALIEN in general.
The Horror.
The Presence.
The Alien.

*shivers*

Especially... Tom Skerritts scene, the sense of horror of being stalked by a creature through the vents. The eerie sound from the vents closing, to not knowing left or right, above or below it coming from.

Hamlet

I'm curious to see how this turns out (hopefully good) but i'll wait for the reviews first before making a choice.

Linconan

That's what I meant. This game is inspired by the original film and its concepts, whereas most games based on this IP are inspired by Aliens.

When I said "its sequel", I meant Aliens. Meaning, I'm glad this game is inspired by Alien, instead of Aliens.
I thought you meant..erm..damn. lol
But yeah ;)

Top Bottom