• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

shanafan
Member
(10-05-2017, 08:39 PM)
shanafan's Avatar
I didn't know there was a WCW game on SNES. I actually love those animated portraits for the pure comical approach.

I remember WCW Thunder on PS1 had similar animated portraits, and if you hovered over Kevin Nash, I think he said, "I'll snap your neck, you pencil necked freak!" Or something like that. It was great.

Terrible gameplay though obviously.
GAMEPROFF
Banned
(10-05-2017, 09:15 PM)
How many LJN games are there?
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(10-05-2017, 09:19 PM)
Zonic's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

How many LJN games are there?

Quite a lot.

Amazing to think the last game they published was in 2000 for the Dreamcast.
GAMEPROFF
Banned
(10-05-2017, 09:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Zonic

Amazing to think the last game they published was in 2000 for the Dreamcast.

Guess we have a game for the final episode
BatDan
Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
(10-06-2017, 04:02 AM)
BatDan's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

Guess we have a game for the final episode

They played it on James & Mike Mondays, it's not very interesting and definitely wouldn't make a good finale
Dereck
(10-06-2017, 04:37 AM)

Originally Posted by BatDan

They played it on James & Mike Mondays, it's not very interesting and definitely wouldn't make a good finale

Is there any video on this channel that doesn't have Mike referencing some old Nintendo game to the game that they're currently playing?
Shambalakan
Member
(10-06-2017, 01:33 PM)
Shambalakan's Avatar
Really love AVGN, but these recent videos...
The problem with them is quality of games. Treasure Master looks like a normal game, not a garbage for AVGN. And some of wrestling games weren't that bad too.
Recent episodes are more like standard video game reviews, not what I want from AVGN.
Seraphis Cain
bad gameplay lol
(10-06-2017, 01:37 PM)
Seraphis Cain's Avatar

Originally Posted by shanafan

I didn't know there was a WCW game on SNES. I actually love those animated portraits for the pure comical approach.

I remember WCW Thunder on PS1 had similar animated portraits, and if you hovered over Kevin Nash, I think he said, "I'll snap your neck, you pencil necked freak!" Or something like that. It was great.

Terrible gameplay though obviously.

That wasn't Nash, that was Brian Adams.

Nash's was the whole "No no, don't pick me, go pick someone else..." thing.
Monochromaticx
Member
(10-06-2017, 02:13 PM)
Monochromaticx's Avatar
didnt like the last two episodes. felt more like a parody of avgn than actual avgn.
none of the games looked that bad. he didn't explain why its bad. he only showed 1-2 examples of kinda annoying things.
Lord British
Member
(10-06-2017, 04:40 PM)
Lord British's Avatar
Surprised! I really loved these last two. Nerd is just the best, he really does this with a charm and verve that can't be replicated.
Timu
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:01 PM)
Timu's Avatar
So not only are we getting the Halloween episode but Mike said there's still more to come with AVGN after that episode. I wonder when and what games could it be.
grim-tales
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:33 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar

Originally Posted by Timu

So not only are we getting the Halloween episode but Mike said there's still more to come with AVGN after that episode. I wonder when and what games could it be.

When did he say that, was it in his Game Room video?
BatDan
Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
(10-08-2017, 04:11 PM)
BatDan's Avatar
Son of Monster Madness: The Most Dangerous Game (1932)
grim-tales
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:37 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar
I could have sworn he's reviewed this before? :s
Timu
Member
(10-08-2017, 08:26 PM)
Timu's Avatar

Originally Posted by grim-tales

When did he say that, was it in his Game Room video?

When he played Cuphead, it was in part 2 of that game, like the beginning of it.
grim-tales
Member
(10-08-2017, 09:15 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar
Thank you :) Will check it out.
ETA: Seen it, from what he said it sounded like "There's more to come from AVGN (in the future)" but he did mention the Halloween episode was coming so I look forward to that.
Timu
Member
(10-09-2017, 02:17 AM)
Timu's Avatar

Originally Posted by grim-tales

Thank you :) Will check it out.
ETA: Seen it, from what he said it sounded like "There's more to come from AVGN (in the future)" but he did mention the Halloween episode was coming so I look forward to that.

Yeah, that's basically it. It seems there will be more AVGN after the Halloween episode.
shanafan
Member
(10-09-2017, 05:45 AM)
shanafan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain

That wasn't Nash, that was Brian Adams.

Nash's was the whole "No no, don't pick me, go pick someone else..." thing.

Oh dear, lol

https://youtu.be/X3TSJJUruYU?t=4m35s
grim-tales
Member
(10-09-2017, 02:29 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar

Originally Posted by Timu

Yeah, that's basically it. It seems there will be more AVGN after the Halloween episode.

I'm sure if there were plans to end the series, we'd know about it (though originally ROB - Episode 100 - was going to be the finale). AFAIK Mike has said AVGN isn't ending.
rpmurphy
Member
(10-10-2017, 09:41 PM)
rpmurphy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uzumaki Goku

Very quickly, he's come out with Wrestling Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwfl8yY7nc

Just blew my mind that Strong Bad was inspired by that NES wrestling game. Never really looked it up.
PSlayer
Member
(10-14-2017, 05:36 AM)
PSlayer's Avatar
James and Mike play Friday the 13th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrnOIL12bMc
Shanaynay
Member
(10-14-2017, 05:54 AM)
Shanaynay's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uzumaki Goku

Very quickly, he's come out with Wrestling Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwfl8yY7nc

Didn't think i'd end up remembering Brian Pillman as a nude mannequin with no feet.
shanafan
Member
(10-14-2017, 07:13 AM)
shanafan's Avatar

Originally Posted by PSlayer

James and Mike play Friday the 13th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrnOIL12bMc

Mike would be the worst backseat driver, lol.

"Ok, run James. Run!"

"Press A, press A."

"Go in that door. Okay, get the weapon."

"Turn around, go out the window."

Damn dude, let the Nerd play lmao
BatDan
Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
(10-15-2017, 04:46 PM)
BatDan's Avatar
Son of Monster Madness: Hobgoblins
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)
(10-19-2017, 11:46 PM)
alr1ght's Avatar
Polybius - A possible lead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SBsycMACgs


Kneecapped by Ahoy
MrCunningham
Member
(10-20-2017, 01:16 AM)
MrCunningham's Avatar

Originally Posted by alr1ght

Polybius - A possible lead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SBsycMACgs


Kneecapped by Ahoy

Interesting that they posted this on Cinemassacre Plays and not the main site.

In many ways Polybius is the original creepy pasta of video games legends, and possibly one of the oldest ones, depending on if the story originated from 1981. There really is no information on it that has surfaced pre-internet, and the oldest online information can only be tracked back to 1997 from an arcade database website, as pointed out by James.
grim-tales
Member
(10-20-2017, 06:33 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar
Oooo this looks interesting :)
grim-tales
Member
(10-21-2017, 12:48 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar
Polybius Test - Day 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_KQOwDgaO8
dickroach
Member
(10-21-2017, 12:59 PM)
dickroach's Avatar
I love this!
clearly a horror episode. breaking it into 10 or however many parts makes it that much more suspenseful.

what if it ends up with the Nerd going into the game like Tron. dude.
grim-tales
Member
(10-21-2017, 02:15 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar
What's interesting is that he doesn't seem "in character", I mean, he's dressed like the Nerd, but the delivery and tone is more like James. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Odd that its on the 2nd channel though.
thefro
Member
(10-24-2017, 04:19 AM)
Polybius Test - Day 2


Polybius Test - Day 3
grim-tales
Member
(10-24-2017, 11:56 AM)
grim-tales's Avatar
Polybius Test: Day 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgTQnN1ECFU

Loving this series.
SG-17
Member
(10-24-2017, 12:20 PM)
SG-17's Avatar
You guys will be heading out when its ready, right?
pettson3816
Member
(10-26-2017, 11:35 AM)
pettson3816's Avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4hktqhBpzY

New episode about Polybius. It's.. different one could say. But awesome!

edit: Oh, it's already mentioned. However this is all Polybius episodes in one
grim-tales
Member
(10-31-2017, 07:17 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar
Polybius Behind The Scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1odokf3kyd0
grim-tales
Member
(11-12-2017, 01:47 AM)
grim-tales's Avatar
Who is the Lantern Man in Phantom of the Opera?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfVj7RtsYxw

Really enjoying these horror trivia videos :)
grim-tales
Member
(11-20-2017, 05:28 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar
Robocop NES games (AVGN Episode 151):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2v5...11194495424173
grim-tales
Member
(12-01-2017, 12:13 AM)
grim-tales's Avatar
Sonic 06 Part 2 (AVGN Episode 152):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJSp...ature=youtu.be
Gifmaker
Junior Member
(12-01-2017, 09:29 AM)
grim-tales
Member
(12-06-2017, 11:15 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar
Charlie's Angels (Gamecube) - Episode 153 (Sponsored):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Vch_OsyZI
grim-tales
Member
(12-13-2017, 11:21 PM)
grim-tales's Avatar
Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasai (Episode 154):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA2borlKZA4

Thread Tools