• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Koozek
(10-18-2017, 11:38 AM)

Originally Posted by NKnight7

When are good times to start the Gladio and Prompto Episode's? I'm finally getting back to XV after taking a break from it, and am getting all of the DLC episodes at least. I'll be sure to get Ignis' Episode too whenever that releases. Thanks!

I would play all of them after you beat the game. If you played Episode Prompto immediately after the respective point of time in the main story the DLC's post-credits scenes would totally spoil the later chapter of the main game. Maybe Ignis' DLC can be played after the beginning of the chapter following the events during which it plays in the main story. We'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: You know there are free story updates coming well into next year as announced recently, no? See: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438473

Maybe you could wait just a bit longer and experience an (hopefully) improved game.
Ludens
Banned
(10-18-2017, 12:38 PM)
Is there any rumor about Comrades' lenght?
Considering it will be 10-15€ max, I don't think it will provide so much content, like I doubt it will be 40 hours long, maybe 10 hours or so?
Twookie
(10-18-2017, 11:23 PM)
Finally took the time to check out the new cutscenes in chp 12.

They were really good, more content like this please, thanks.
Koozek
(10-19-2017, 12:12 AM)
@FFXVEN
Our friends @Mrhappy1227 & @YunalesckaGames will be on the @Twitch Con Stage, Friday at 6PM! Tune-in! #FFXV info: http://sqex.co/4s0O30fYwhc

SoulUnison
(10-19-2017, 01:19 AM)

Originally Posted by NKnight7

When are good times to start the Gladio and Prompto Episode's? I'm finally getting back to XV after taking a break from it, and am getting all of the DLC episodes at least. I'll be sure to get Ignis' Episode too whenever that releases. Thanks!

Episode Gladio has a really, really obvious point where it's best started, as Gladio will pull you aside in the main game and say he wants to go off on his own for a bit to take care of something.

Episode Prompto is a little trickier and there's justification for starting it at a couple different points. Personally, I'd start it just as you start Chapter 13.
PshycoNinja
(10-19-2017, 02:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Koozek

I would play all of them after you beat the game. If you played Episode Prompto immediately after the respective point of time in the main story the DLC's post-credits scenes would totally spoil the later chapter of the main game. Maybe Ignis' DLC can be played after the beginning of the chapter following the events during which it plays in the main story. We'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: You know there are free story updates coming well into next year as announced recently, no? See: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438473

Maybe you could wait just a bit longer and experience an (hopefully) improved game.

I would just play all the DLC once completing the game.

Originally Posted by Ludens

Is there any rumor about Comrades' lenght?
Considering it will be 10-15€ max, I don't think it will provide so much content, like I doubt it will be 40 hours long, maybe 10 hours or so?

Well it's a multiplayer game. So it's meant to be replayable...

Originally Posted by Twookie

Finally took the time to check out the new cutscenes in chp 12.

They were really good, more content like this please, thanks.

I believe they said they have every intention to continue adding scenes and scenarios.

@FFXVEN

Our friends @Mrhappy1227 & @YunalesckaGames will be on the @Twitch Con Stage, Friday at 6PM! Tune-in! #FFXV info: http://sqex.co/4s0O30fYwhc

I really enjoy watching Mr Happy so I am quite looking forward to actually checking this out!
NKnight7
(10-19-2017, 06:51 AM)
Thanks everyone. If anything, I consider the free updates next year just incentive to come back to the game and play it even more, I'm excited to see what the updates will be though. I think I'll wait until Ignis' episode releases and then buy all three at once and play them, I am curious about the Comrades DLC too.
DiipuSurotu
Banned
(10-19-2017, 08:11 PM)

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

French model Lightning wishes she looked this good
FriskyrumX
Banned
(10-20-2017, 07:03 PM)
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/921421101439348736

Due to final adjustments & to create the best possible experience, the online expansion #FFXVComrades will now be released in early November

We're sorry for any inconveniences this has caused but as soon as we can confirm the new #FFXVComrades release date, we'll let you know.

Riiiiiiip.
Blackleg-sanji1
Banned
(10-20-2017, 07:04 PM)

Originally Posted by FriskyrumX

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/921421101439348736

Noooooooo
Koozek
(10-20-2017, 07:06 PM)
rip ffxv
PshycoNinja
(10-20-2017, 07:11 PM)
I can deal with a week or two delay.
Toth
(10-20-2017, 09:17 PM)

rip ffxv

The dream is over.
Keym
(10-20-2017, 10:59 PM)
Tabata is a hack, I knew it!
ultima786
(10-20-2017, 11:49 PM)
This is escalating quickly.
DiipuSurotu
Banned
(10-20-2017, 11:53 PM)
PshycoNinja
(10-21-2017, 03:37 AM)
FFXV Comrades comes out November 7th. So a one week delay.
ultima786
(10-21-2017, 04:30 AM)
they didn't show much in the comrades stream. It actually seemed that the "boss" didn't show up because of some sort of glitch or something, or perhaps miscommunication. Anyways, Lestallum looks really interesting. And the character avatars for the players were insanely accurate... i really wonder if they truly made those models organically using the character creator, or did they import those models in artificially?
Blackleg-sanji1
Banned
(10-21-2017, 04:40 AM)

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

FFXV Comrades comes out November 7th. So a one week delay.

Ok that’s fine than
Keym
(10-21-2017, 08:48 AM)
XV is saved.
MilkBeard
(10-24-2017, 08:39 AM)
It has been great talking to you guys, but I'm out. I'll be over at S L & E N T if anyone wants to join, it's a cool place, and people are actually less violent on Final Fantasy discussion, even though it's not quite as populated as Gaf was (I'll probably get banned for post this, but that's okay :)).

Peace out.
Koozek
(10-24-2017, 10:54 AM)
---
Fj0823
(10-24-2017, 04:34 PM)
Im in
Toth
(10-24-2017, 05:40 PM)
Still here for now. The next few days are going to be interesting to watch unfold.

I was hoping we would have a FFXV patch this month though.
yunbuns
(10-24-2017, 05:45 PM)
Didn't talk much here but I think I'll probably bounce too after what's happened. Walk talk, FFXVGaf.
Keym
(10-24-2017, 08:41 PM)
I don't feel like bashing XV while continuously appreciating it anymore.
Faithless
(11-20-2017, 12:27 AM)
I'm really enjoying Comrades. It's buggy as hell but charming. Point me in the right direction to talk about this on the other side.
stargateheaven
(11-27-2017, 05:48 PM)
So my game crashed. Loaded the game again and i'm at the very beginning with a name of "avatar". wtf

so it stores NOTHING online?
Vallen
(12-03-2017, 01:24 AM)
Some more concept art leaked from that Cook and Becker Artbook. That original concept for the fight in Insomnia looked way darker than what the movie ultimately had.
It also seems that Noct was very much meant to be in the city during the invasion even around the time of Episode Duscae since that final art piece was in the Demo and it appears to be from the same stage of the game's life:

Old art but it's from the same batch: