• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(06-26-2017, 05:48 AM)
Brazil's Avatar
Letting people download the game before the servers are up...

There's just no way this game is going to work tonight, haha.
jonjonaug
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:49 AM)
jonjonaug's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brazil

Letting people download the game before the servers are up...

There's just no way this game is going to work tonight, haha.

Maybe they'll give us free quartz as an apology...
kayos90
Tragic victim of fan death
(06-26-2017, 05:52 AM)
kayos90's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quonny

I ain't even gonna use my Quartz. None of the 5* interest me at all.

Same. The first servant I'll blow my quartz on will be Scathach or Jeanne Alter.
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(06-26-2017, 05:52 AM)
Brazil's Avatar

Originally Posted by jonjonaug

Maybe they'll give us free quartz as an apology...

I like the cut of your jib.
chrono01
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:52 AM)
chrono01's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quonny

I ain't even gonna use my Quartz. None of the 5* interest me at all.

What if Saber Alter is in?

WHAT THEN!?
Tidd
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:53 AM)
Tidd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brazil

Letting people download the game before the servers are up...

There's just no way this game is going to work tonight, haha.

37 minutes until the first maintenance! I hope not :/
Quonny
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:53 AM)
Quonny's Avatar

Originally Posted by chrono01

What if Saber Alter is in?

WHAT THEN!?

$$$$$$$$
chrono01
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:54 AM)
chrono01's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quonny

$$$$$$$$

$_$!
diablos991
Can't stump the Diablos.
(06-26-2017, 05:54 AM)
diablos991's Avatar
This feels like a midnight launch.
chrono01
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:56 AM)
chrono01's Avatar

Originally Posted by diablos991

This feels like a midnight launch.

Seriously, haha. I've been waiting SO LONG to play this in English, I can't believe it's finally here.

(Servers, please remain stable.)
jonjonaug
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:57 AM)
jonjonaug's Avatar
I like Waver but I'm pretty sure the odds of getting the five star servant you want on your initial roll (given the limited number of 5 stars right now I suppose it'd be easier) is like 3-5 percent tops and I'm not that crazy. I'll just wait for a rate-up for him (which will be in like, over year or so I think lol).
gaiadyne
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:58 AM)
gaiadyne's Avatar

Originally Posted by diablos991

This feels like a midnight launch.

It basically is one
Unknown Soldier
Banned
(06-26-2017, 05:58 AM)
Unknown Soldier's Avatar

Originally Posted by chrono01



It's interesting. I'm pretty sure I read early on that the gatcha for the Global version would differ from the Japanese release. I can't recall where I read that, but I seem to remember seeing that mention somewhere. If that's the case, it'll give us a much larger 5* pool to re-roll for, which would be nice. Although Waver is still a top-tier character, so if you pull him first it probably won't matter what else is in there (unless you go for waifu reasons).

Well if you're going for waifu reasons you'll be going after Caster Tamamo and she's not even that great. The same applies to Altera and Lancer Scathach.

Nero is good but not great, Saber Alter is insane and commonly regarded as being one of the two best 4-stars alongside Heracles, Liz is the best 4-star lancer and often comes close Scathach.

Atalanta has very fluffy ears and a fluffy tail but she's one of the worst 4-stars sadly. Her NP is more like a cute cat scratch as opposed to something that might actually kill enemies. Same with Stheno and Carmilla if you're into BDSM.

In terms of your husbandos, Gilgamesh is obviously brokenly OP and if he wasn't I would have uninstalled the game before I even played it. EMIYA starts out pretty weak but once you've leveled him up, the UBW grows into one of the better AoE NP's in the game though it will always be outclassed by Excalibur on Arturia and Excalibur Morgan on Alter. Chevalier D'eon and Siegfried are both unimpressive and dramatically outclassed by your other choices. I'm not sure whether to classify D'eon as waifu or husbando though, the actual historical figure was biologically a male who lived as a woman most of his life.

In terms of AoE NPs, Arturia and Alter have the best non-Berserker NPs in the game. This is canonically sound lol.

Speaking of the Berserkers, ORAORAORAORAORORAAAAA has the best NP in the game hands down but Heracles is not to be trifled with. Many a boss was taken down by Heracles in his day, because as we all know BERSERKER IS THE STRONGEST. Lancelot is the second best 4-star Berserker and you won't be crying into your breakfast bowl of crest worms if you get him instead of Heracles.
sensui-tomo
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:59 AM)
sensui-tomo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier

Well if you're going for waifu reasons you'll be going after Caster Tamamo and she's not even that great. The same applies to Altera and Lancer Scathach.

Nero is good but not great, Saber Alter is insane and commonly regarded as being one of the two best 4-stars alongside Heracles, Liz is the best 4-star lancer and often comes close Scathach.

Atalanta has very fluffy ears and a fluffy tail but she's one of the worst 4-stars sadly. Her NP is more like a cute cat scratch as opposed to something that might actually kill enemies. Same with Stheno and Carmilla if you're into BDSM.

In terms of your husbandos, Gilgamesh is obviously brokenly OP and if he wasn't I would have uninstalled the game before I even played it. EMIYA starts out pretty weak but once you've leveled him up, the UBW grows into one of the better AoE NP's in the game though it will always be outclassed by Excalibur on Arturia and Excalibur Morgan on Alter.

In terms of AoE NPs, Arturia and Alter have the best non-Berserker NPs in the game. This is canonically sound lol.

Speaking of the Berserkers, ORAORAORAORAORORAAAAA has the best NP in the game hands down but Heracles is not to be trifled with. Many a boss was taken down by Heracles in his day, because as we all know BERSERKER IS THE STRONGEST. Lancelot is the second best 4-star Berserker and you won't be crying into your breakfast bowl of crest worms if you get him instead of Heracles.

chrono01
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:00 AM)
chrono01's Avatar
IT'S UP!

Download is slow, RIP servers.

Edit: There we go, going faster now.
desmax
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:01 AM)
desmax's Avatar
Started downloading here
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(06-26-2017, 06:02 AM)
Brazil's Avatar
Download is stuck at 4% :(

Edit: It's moving!
zulux21
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:02 AM)
zulux21's Avatar
"Fate/grand order is not playable under your playing environment. Please contact us via email then we will give you information about the data migration to the sender's email address."

guess I will give it more time o.O
jonjonaug
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:02 AM)
jonjonaug's Avatar
I'm actually shocked that 12 AM EST meant 12 AM EST

100% DL but I have a lightning connection and got in right at the gotime, hopefully it doesn't crash
InsaneZero
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:04 AM)
InsaneZero's Avatar

Originally Posted by chrono01

What if Saber Alter is in?

WHAT THEN!?

there's always santa tho

and my download is finished and OH MY GOD THE GAME IS ACTUALLY LIVE

hey they have some of the more recent QoL improvements for this version
MrDoctor
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:04 AM)
MrDoctor's Avatar
o shit it's alive
kayos90
Tragic victim of fan death
(06-26-2017, 06:05 AM)
kayos90's Avatar
I forgot. After tutorials are over, CHANGE THE DAMN GAME SPEED!
InsaneZero
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:08 AM)
InsaneZero's Avatar
I forgot that the game is molasses normally
Unknown Soldier
Banned
(06-26-2017, 06:08 AM)
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
GAME IS UP
GOODBYE WALLET
(Not really, I know better.)

Remember that you can go into Options and trigger a download of the game's entire files. This will make it much easier to play when the servers are unstable.

Originally Posted by zulux21

"Fate/grand order is not playable under your playing environment. Please contact us via email then we will give you information about the data migration to the sender's email address."

guess I will give it more time o.O

You are rooted or otherwise meet one of the many criteria to be blocked from playing the game.
Arabesque
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:10 AM)

Originally Posted by InsaneZero

I forgot that the game is molasses normally

I know some challenge run video's that only record the game in regular speed.

Like why
Quonny
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:14 AM)
Quonny's Avatar
Literally got the only servant I didn't want. Lol.
Unknown Soldier
Banned
(06-26-2017, 06:15 AM)
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
Huh, they changed a lot of animations since I played the game awhile ago in JP region.

Excaliblast now has the pillar of light at the end of the animation.
zulux21
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:15 AM)
zulux21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier


You are rooted or otherwise meet one of the many criteria to be blocked from playing the game.

I see. I guess I will have to try it on my tablet later.
my phone is on it's stock software so I guess my phone brand is just outright banned from the game which is lame.
Arabesque
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier

Huh, they changed a lot of animations since I played the game awhile ago in JP region.

Excaliblast now has the pillar of light at the end of the animation.

I think it was last year during the Zero event that they renewed Saber's animation.

Cu was sometime this year I think.
shoryukens
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:20 AM)
shoryukens's Avatar
Downloading now. Let's see what the fuss is all about.
InsaneZero
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:24 AM)
InsaneZero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier

Huh, they changed a lot of animations since I played the game awhile ago in JP region.

Excaliblast now has the pillar of light at the end of the animation.

I'm noticing that the NA version has a lot of changes that were introduced after the original JP's launch.
ReaperXL7
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:29 AM)
ReaperXL7's Avatar
Out of curiosity is there a Manga that's worth checking out for the series? I know there is Fate anime but I've been trying to find some Manga to dip my toes into as I've never really given much Manga a fair shake so if Fate is a good one I'll give it a shot.

Currently have Jojo, Assassination Classroom, Ubel Blatt, and Tiger and Bunny as some series that I decided to try after I got some recommendations.
Unknown Soldier
Banned
(06-26-2017, 06:29 AM)
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
It's so weird being able to read the tutorial story after all these years. The funny thing is because of the anime one-shot OVA "Fate/Grand Order - First Order" I already know this story and saw it fully animated. You guys can watch that if you feel like, it's actually pretty decent and it's cool seeing this tutorial story bit that way.
Dandte
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:30 AM)
Dandte's Avatar
Welcome to 2017 Aniplex. I won't get rid of my jb and you won't get my money.
goober
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:32 AM)
goober's Avatar
I rolled Emiya as a free summon, rest were 3 stars. Are you guaranteed a 4?
kayos90
Tragic victim of fan death
(06-26-2017, 06:38 AM)
kayos90's Avatar

Originally Posted by goober

I rolled Emiya as a free summon, rest were 3 stars. Are you guaranteed a 4?

Yes
diablos991
Can't stump the Diablos.
(06-26-2017, 06:39 AM)
diablos991's Avatar
For herc. Time to retool for that Wever.
Makki
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:40 AM)
Makki's Avatar
I came in not knowing anything about the JP version... it looks really dated, and the cards are not very detailed. The battle "tutorial" left me guessing and the animations are pretty sloppy except for Saber doing some pillar of light shit (which used background effects to look cool anyway, not Saber herself)

I can't play something this old looking, GACHAs gotta have pretty cards for me to want to play.
Arabesque
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:40 AM)

Originally Posted by InsaneZero

I'm noticing that the NA version has a lot of changes that were introduced after the original JP's launch.

Yeah, they mentioned they would be starting with one of the more recent versions from the Japanese app as basis for the English one.

Looking at it, it looks like one of the December 2016 versions.

Originally Posted by ReaperXL7

Out of curiosity is there a Manga that's worth checking out for the series? I know there is Fate anime but I've been trying to find some Manga to dip my toes into as I've never really given much Manga a fair shake so if Fate is a good one I'll give it a shot.

Currently have Jojo, Assassination Classroom, Ubel Blatt, and Tiger and Bunny as some series that I decided to try after I got some recommendations.

For Fate/series in general or Fate/Grand Order?

For the Fate/series, there is the Heaven's Feel manga and the Apocrypha manga currently ongoing. Strange Fake as well, but that's seasonal from what I recall.

For Grand Order, it's mostly anthologies and one offs.
Hubb
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:43 AM)
Hubb's Avatar
What are craft essences?

Edit: Or I guess the better question is, what is the difference between craft essences and servants. I got 2 4 star craft essences on my free roll. Not sure if that is good, or if you only want 4 star servants.
pancakesandsex
(06-26-2017, 06:43 AM)
pancakesandsex's Avatar
So which is the roll you're supposed to reroll on? the initial 10 pull, that happens during the tutorial?
Pics_nao
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:43 AM)
So, uh, how do I reroll? Uninstall and redownload?
Stider
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:44 AM)
Have started with only 4*Emiya but have 2 5* essences, kaleidoscope and limited/zero over. Are they worth keeping over servants?
InsaneZero
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:46 AM)
InsaneZero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stider

Have started with only 4*Emiya but have 2 5* essences, kaleidoscope and limited/zero over. Are they worth keeping over servants?

Kaleidoscope is definitely worth keeping.
Wyndstryker
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:49 AM)
Wyndstryker's Avatar
No reroll club go!

First pull and I get 4* Heracles.

I'm off to a great start.
Uthred
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:52 AM)
Uthred's Avatar
So you do your first free pull, then you get the 42 from the login campaign, do a 10 and 4 singles and if you dont like what you got re-roll then?
Arabesque
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Hubb

What are craft essences?

Edit: Or I guess the better question is, what is the difference between craft essences and servants. I got 2 4 star craft essences on my free roll. Not sure if that is good, or if you only want 4 star servants.

Craft essences are, essentially, equipment you equip to your servants to give them bonus attack/hp, and an additional effect that benefits you in battle.

Depending on the 4 star craft essences, they can be pretty good. Which ones did you get?

Originally Posted by pancakesandsex

So which is the roll you're supposed to reroll on? the initial 10 pull, that happens during the tutorial?

You can reroll after the initial 10 pull if you didn't get anything you didn't like there, or after completing the prologue is what I recommend, since it gives you access to the story locked servant.

Originally Posted by Pics_nao

So, uh, how do I reroll? Uninstall and redownload?

For iOS, yes.

Originally Posted by Stider

Have started with only 4*Emiya but have 2 5* essences, kaleidoscope and limited/zero over. Are they worth keeping over servants?

Kaleidoscope is absolutely worth it to keep.
jonjonaug
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:54 AM)
jonjonaug's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uthred

So you do your first free pull, then you get the 42 from the login campaign, do a 10 and 4 singles and if you dont like what you got re-roll then?

P much

Is there a list of super worthwhile items/essences you can get from rolls that make up for lack of a decent servant in them?
InsaneZero
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:56 AM)
InsaneZero's Avatar
I got a Martha, but I've also got a Cu and Robin.

No need for rerolls, I've got this. Also, spending quartz on the story summon gacha is a terrible thing, don't do it
EscapingJail
(06-26-2017, 06:56 AM)
EscapingJail's Avatar
isnt there supposed to be a choice of a free 4 star? I can't find that anywhere did I misread it somewhere?

Thread Tools