• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Suikoguy
I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
(08-05-2013, 03:34 AM)
Suikoguy's Avatar

Originally Posted by EdReedFan20

That castle looks better than anything I've ever built. I'm always astounded at what people can build. It would be so cool if you could build something in MC and then have a real model of it built and shipped to you (if that doesn't already exist).

This does exist. I can't think of the name of it off hand, but i've seen it.
xenoflux2113
Member
(08-05-2013, 04:35 AM)
xenoflux2113's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grinchy

I'm honestly shocked that we haven't seen Minecraft "lego" buckets that just come with a ton of pieces like the ones you'd find in the game. Anything you could build in the game, you can build in real life.

Too much awesome would cause the world to end.
z0m3le
Banned
(08-05-2013, 10:26 AM)

Originally Posted by -Minsc-

Just messed around with the game for a while. I can see how it can be appealing to people if you like build awesomely huge ships and flying them around, combating, etc, or massive space stations. Personally I can't see it holding my interest very long, maybe if I played on a multiplayer server.

This is a game I actually wouldn't compare to Minecraft. Aside from using blocks the two games are vastly different. Minecraft's focus is mining resources, exploring, crafting, and building. We can only dream to have elaborate vehicle creation. At the end of the day though Starmade just doesn't quite grab me like Minecraft does. I will have to try the game again in multiplayer, single player just feels too sparse. The game still is only in alpha so I won't completely write it off yet.

Thanks, yeah that was what I was thinking the differences were, I mean the mining resources, exploring, building (you can build more than ships) and manufacturing (crafting possibly?) are all parts of Starmade as well, I just didn't know how in depth Minecraft got and if there was interesting things Minecraft does that Starmade doesn't do yet. I know for instance Minecraft has NPCs in the world, while Starmade only has NPC spaceships so far, but considering it is an alpha, I figure they might add that stuff, they recently added cities to some planets, so the game seems to be growing rapidly since there has been a few updates in the single week I've played. I think there is also only 2 people working on it but I could be wrong.

I would say that if you aren't interested in space sims though, Starmade is only interesting as a minecraft clone with the ability to create vehicles. It only really becomes its own game if you play it for the main aspect of its game play. Considering I've been dying to play more games like freespace and starlancer though, I'm just excited to see where a game like this will go and really glad to see them implement the Minecraft style as it leaves a lot of potential for the unmodded game to be "modded" by the players themselves.
EVIL
Member
(08-05-2013, 12:24 PM)
EVIL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Suikoguy

This does exist. I can't think of the name of it off hand, but i've seen it.

http://www.minecraftprint.com/

but http://www.printcraft.org/ seems to be much better, but requires you to create something on their servers.

I am pretty sure there are other options when you google a bit more.

edit: here is another one http://www.figureprints.com/minecraft/Default.aspx
Ark
Member
(08-05-2013, 10:24 PM)
Ark's Avatar
NeoCraft has updated to 1.6.2!

I'll try out Multiverse tomorrow, I'll be heading to bed soon.
Xun
Member
(08-05-2013, 10:56 PM)
Xun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ark

NeoCraft has updated to 1.6.2!

I'll try out Multiverse tomorrow, I'll be heading to bed soon.

Awesome.

Hopefully the server will get more popular again.

Also does anyone have any idea how I could make a fully automated coal minecart system? Ideally something somewhat simple.
Mirk
Member
(08-06-2013, 12:08 AM)
Mirk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ark

NeoCraft has updated to 1.6.2!

I'll try out Multiverse tomorrow, I'll be heading to bed soon.


Awesome! Requesting that my mod powers are removed on the multi-world. Please and thank you!
defel
Member
(08-06-2013, 12:14 AM)
Awesome. Normal sized biomes if possible please.
kidko
Member
(08-06-2013, 12:40 AM)
kidko's Avatar
So would this be a good time to join the server? I've never played with you guys, but I'd like to try it out! Couldn't find the server infosss
NihonTiger90
Member
(08-06-2013, 02:17 AM)
NihonTiger90's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ark

NeoCraft has updated to 1.6.2!

I'll try out Multiverse tomorrow, I'll be heading to bed soon.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

NeoCraft episode recording time get! I'll be on :)
Mengy
wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
(08-06-2013, 02:40 AM)
Mengy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ark

NeoCraft has updated to 1.6.2!

I'll try out Multiverse tomorrow, I'll be heading to bed soon.

Awesome, great news Ark!
Ark
Member
(08-06-2013, 11:43 AM)
Ark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mirk

Awesome! Requesting that my mod powers are removed on the multi-world. Please and thank you!

I don't think I can restrict powers on specific worlds, but I can demote you if you like :p
Ark
Member
(08-06-2013, 03:05 PM)
Ark's Avatar
Just so people know, I've got Multiverse up and running, I just need to create a new map - which I'll do when I get home in a few hours.

Today you learned: The new map will have it's own nether! ...I think.

Are people still on board for the new map being 100% survival? I.e. no warps outside of maybe /spawn. /sethome appears to still be broken, fucked if I know how to fix that now.
Morokh
Member
(08-06-2013, 04:09 PM)
Morokh's Avatar
personally 100% up for a 100% survival experience :p

lockette and a /warp to spawn (just in case someone gets stuck on top of the nether or something) should be more than enough i think horses provide a good fast travel option now, and people who want to be found can just build roads, or put indication signs.
Mengy
wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
(08-06-2013, 04:17 PM)
Mengy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ark

Just so people know, I've got Multiverse up and running, I just need to create a new map - which I'll do when I get home in a few hours.

Today you learned: The new map will have it's own nether! ...I think.

Are people still on board for the new map being 100% survival? I.e. no warps outside of maybe /spawn. /sethome appears to still be broken, fucked if I know how to fix that now.


I think everyone knows that I am 1000% in favor of it being completely survival. So my vote goes for that, and if I get more than one vote then they all go for that, lol.


This Multiverse thing on Neocraft intrigues me, but I do have a few questions to how this is going to work:

1. Is it a totally new and separate Minecraft world, or is it simply an area somewhere far out on our current Neocraft world?

2. Can our Multiplay server handle running two Minecraft worlds at the same time?

3. Will I need to make a second Dropbox map for this new Multiverse? Does that mean I need to download two world file backups, or will they both be backed up together by Multiplay?

4. Will this new Multiverse world be persistent, or will it be wiped for patches now and then to get the new stuff?

5. How do we travel between the current Neocraft world and the new Multiverse world?
Ark
Member
(08-06-2013, 06:05 PM)
Ark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mengy

I think everyone knows that I am 1000% in favor of it being completely survival. So my vote goes for that, and if I get more than one vote then they all go for that, lol.


This Multiverse thing on Neocraft intrigues me, but I do have a few questions to how this is going to work:

1. Is it a totally new and separate Minecraft world, or is it simply an area somewhere far out on our current Neocraft world?

It's an entirely new map running on the same server.

2. Can our Multiplay server handle running two Minecraft worlds at the same time?

Only one way to find out. I'm not adverse to bumping the RAM back up though.

3. Will I need to make a second Dropbox map for this new Multiverse? Does that mean I need to download two world file backups, or will they both be backed up together by Multiplay?

I'm unsure of how this works at the moment. I should be able to let you know later tonight once I've figured things out.

4. Will this new Multiverse world be persistent, or will it be wiped for patches now and then to get the new stuff?

We can actually have more than one Multiverse world. If the server can handle it, we could even have a third world running Skylands - but yes, that is possible to do.

5. How do we travel between the current Neocraft world and the new Multiverse world?

I believe portals can be used, possibly CreativeGates too. Otherwise I can enable a teleport command for everyone to use to switch between worlds.

.
out0v0rder
Member
(08-06-2013, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Morokh

Luckily for you this weeks update integrates ALL previous versions of minecraft going back to the beginning of Beta in the launcher ;)

woah what, woah
Sarcasm
Member
(08-06-2013, 06:46 PM)
Sarcasm's Avatar
If I was whitelisted before on NeoCraft..am I still in?

I totally forgot the IP though.
Mirk
Member
(08-06-2013, 06:47 PM)
Mirk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ark

I don't think I can restrict powers on specific worlds, but I can demote you if you like :p

Then yes please demote me! I am bad at playing legit if I have the power not to D:
ShadiWulf
Member
(08-06-2013, 06:48 PM)
100% survival is always great. That's how i most enjoy Minecraft myself.

Jeb posted this update not too long ago, the biomes look more like continents now

http://instagram.com/p/crbx7MpMHr/#
CharmingCharlie
Member
(08-06-2013, 06:53 PM)
CharmingCharlie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sarcasm

If I was whitelisted before on NeoCraft..am I still in?

I totally forgot the IP though.

If you were white listed before you should still be white listed. If not just chuck either me or Ark a pm with your minecraft account name and one of us will re-add ya in the fullness of time.

The Neocraft server addy is :-



quote this post to see the server address.
kinn
Member
(08-06-2013, 07:07 PM)
kinn's Avatar

Originally Posted by CharmingCharlie

Allocated 4086mbs to it but Optifine still craps out. I have no problem running minecraft (get 200fps in vanilla) I only use Optifine because it has a decent draw distance compared to the vanilla minecraft. If Mojang could KINDLY let us increase the draw distance I wouldn't need to use Optifine. I really wish they would remember not all of us are playing minecraft on bloody netbooks :-p

I will have a go at lowering the memory allocation but I get the feeling it is something screwy with Optifine.

I love having a big draw distance. Id sacrfice other things to maintain that and a smooth frame rate.
M4shy
Junior Member
(08-06-2013, 08:04 PM)
I'm full on for 100% Survival. With only a portal for Multiverse so we can travel back and forth from the current world.

Also with the /home bug, surely there's another plugin that does /home? When I used to run servers back in Alpha/Beta they existed at least.
NintendoGal
Member
(08-06-2013, 08:08 PM)
NintendoGal's Avatar
Just wanted to note to those would-be server owners that unless you know Linux, going from a host that holds your hand to a pure dedicated server takes some patience and time to learn all of what you need to do.

Extremely fun experience, but wow!
NihonTiger90
Member
(08-06-2013, 10:31 PM)
NihonTiger90's Avatar
I'm for survival. I play that way anyways, so it's not jarring to me. :)

Do we still have that Mumble server, btw?
xenoflux2113
Member
(08-06-2013, 10:35 PM)
xenoflux2113's Avatar
I am fine with a survival only multiverse world. I can come back to the first world if I want to play in creative. I am easy like Sunday morning.
Ark
Member
(08-06-2013, 10:46 PM)
Ark's Avatar

Originally Posted by NihonTiger90

I'm for survival. I play that way anyways, so it's not jarring to me. :)

Do we still have that Mumble server, btw?

Mumble server is still running!
ShadiWulf
Member
(08-07-2013, 01:05 AM)
i was running into some problems on the server when i was on a bit ago. kept getting permission errors when trying to place or destroy something, one near a structure that looks abandoned, and the other near where my base is located.

I took some pics

just posting here to see if anyone knew anything. both pics are in the same general area, but not exactly right next to each other



if you need me to ill get coordinates next time I'm on
xenoflux2113
Member
(08-07-2013, 01:08 AM)
xenoflux2113's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadiWulf

i was running into some problems on the server when i was on a bit ago. kept getting permission errors when trying to place or destroy something, one near a structure that looks abandoned, and the other near where my base is located.

I took some pics

just posting here to see if anyone knew anything. both pics are in the same general area, but not exactly right next to each other



if you need me to ill get coordinates next time I'm on

the abandoned structure locked blocks is one i know about as well. I think I brought Charlie there and we ended up breaking into the house too. fun times.
-Minsc-
Member
(08-07-2013, 01:10 AM)
-Minsc-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadiWulf

i was running into some problems on the server when i was on a bit ago. kept getting permission errors when trying to place or destroy something, one near a structure that looks abandoned, and the other near where my base is located.

I took some pics

just posting here to see if anyone knew anything. both pics are in the same general area, but not exactly right next to each other



if you need me to ill get coordinates next time I'm on

I do recall finding a mountain somewhere which was protected for some reason. Might be the same place.
xenoflux2113
Member
(08-07-2013, 01:12 AM)
xenoflux2113's Avatar

Originally Posted by -Minsc-

I do recall finding a mountain somewhere which was protected for some reason. Might be the same place.

I think you came over when Charlie and I were looking at it also. but yeah its a pretty big stretch by that building that is protected. I think the final conclusion was that it was the original spawn location.
CharmingCharlie
Member
(08-07-2013, 01:29 AM)
CharmingCharlie's Avatar
Well it was fun tonight on Neocraft, we were all HORSING around :-

Originally Posted by the weirdos






PETA and the RSPCA have been notified :-p
M4shy
Junior Member
(08-07-2013, 01:32 AM)

Originally Posted by CharmingCharlie

Well it was fun tonight on Neocraft, we were all HORSINGaround :-



PETA and the RSPCA have been notified :-p

Well played.
Feel free to pet/ride/beat before the animal rescue team arrives..

I'm sorry to inform everyone that it had died upon collision with a block. :(
ShadiWulf
Member
(08-07-2013, 01:34 AM)

Originally Posted by xenoflux2113

I think you came over when Charlie and I were looking at it also. but yeah its a pretty big stretch by that building that is protected. I think the final conclusion was that it was the original spawn location.

ah ok. Well if it ends up that i did build my house around a spawn area I guess I'll have to move. not a big deal, just don't know where i'd move to. moving my stuff would be a bit of a pain too. I donít mind though, not happy with my house, hah, had to fortify immediately when i got back on, crazy zombies trying to kill me in my sleep with their new AI.

but yeah, just not sure where i'd move to. Neocraft is huge! I chose where I did because i could easily access it through a rail line connected to dome city.

Originally Posted by CharmingCharlie

Well it was fun tonight on Neocraft, we were all HORSING around :-



PETA and the RSPCA have been notified :-p

bdoubleo did something similar with hanging horses once, but he let them down lol, cause people were complaining
Ark
Member
(08-07-2013, 01:35 AM)
Ark's Avatar
Just so people know:

I've removed Multiverse for the time being. I'm going to finally upgrade Permissions and try and get everything working that doesn't at the moment - including Multiverse. It shouldn't take that long, but just a heads up if you hop on the server and I'm tinkering with everything.

I've also upgraded the server to 12 slots and 1GB of RAM again, since we had an influx of popularity and the server kept crashing on only 600mb of RAM. Everything should, hopefully, work fine when all is said and done.

If everything works and I don't make everything worse, everything should be sorted before Thursday!

Originally Posted by ShadiWulf

but yeah, just not sure where i'd move to. Neocraft is huge! I chose where I did because i could easily access it through a rail line connected to dome city.

If you're interested in Survival-only, the new map (see above :p) will have lots of space!
dangerbyrnes
Member
(08-07-2013, 02:55 AM)
dangerbyrnes's Avatar

Originally Posted by CharmingCharlie

Well it was fun tonight on Neocraft, we were all HORSING around :-



PETA and the RSPCA have been notified :-p

Neeiighhocraft will never be forgotten. RIP
Sarcasm
Member
(08-07-2013, 03:08 AM)
Sarcasm's Avatar
Hard to play vanilla MC >.<
ShadiWulf
Member
(08-07-2013, 03:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Ark

Just so people know:

I've removed Multiverse for the time being. I'm going to finally upgrade Permissions and try and get everything working that doesn't at the moment - including Multiverse. It shouldn't take that long, but just a heads up if you hop on the server and I'm tinkering with everything.

I've also upgraded the server to 12 slots and 1GB of RAM again, since we had an influx of popularity and the server kept crashing on only 600mb of RAM. Everything should, hopefully, work fine when all is said and done.

If everything works and I don't make everything worse, everything should be sorted before Thursday!



If you're interested in Survival-only, the new map (see above :p) will have lots of space!

Yeah, the new survival map sounds great :D I'll definitely take part in that

I guess i never realized neocraft was both survival and creative. I was wondering how such big crazy structures were built >.> heh. I thought creative was a different server.
-Minsc-
Member
(08-07-2013, 03:32 AM)
-Minsc-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadiWulf

Yeah, the new survival map sounds great :D I'll definitely take part in that

I guess i never realized neocraft was both survival and creative. I was wondering how such big crazy structures were built >.> heh. I thought creative was a different server.

From what I gather NeoCraft was once solely survival. Around a year ago things seemingly relaxed in that regard and people were given the choice.
xenoflux2113
Member
(08-07-2013, 03:34 AM)
xenoflux2113's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ark

Just so people know:

I've removed Multiverse for the time being. I'm going to finally upgrade Permissions and try and get everything working that doesn't at the moment - including Multiverse. It shouldn't take that long, but just a heads up if you hop on the server and I'm tinkering with everything.

I've also upgraded the server to 12 slots and 1GB of RAM again, since we had an influx of popularity and the server kept crashing on only 600mb of RAM. Everything should, hopefully, work fine when all is said and done.

If everything works and I don't make everything worse, everything should be sorted before Thursday!



If you're interested in Survival-only, the new map (see above :p) will have lots of space!

So uh... Set home then?
Ark
Member
(08-07-2013, 10:38 AM)
Ark's Avatar

Originally Posted by xenoflux2113

So uh... Set home then?

That's the plan!
MJLord
Member
(08-07-2013, 10:45 AM)
MJLord's Avatar
Maaaaan last time I was here we built the Ark for moving stuff to the new update xD
CharmingCharlie
Member
(08-07-2013, 03:57 PM)
CharmingCharlie's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadiWulf

Yeah, the new survival map sounds great :D I'll definitely take part in that

I guess i never realized neocraft was both survival and creative. I was wondering how such big crazy structures were built >.> heh. I thought creative was a different server.

You would be surprised most of the big projects were built in survival mode. The Great Dome City was built in survival mode (I fell to my death thousands of times building those domes), The only "cheat" with Dome City was converting the cobble stone to Iron and that was only done because I am running short on years of my life and I hate to think how long it would take me to mine 9 million blocks of iron :p

Most of Domepolis was done in survival mode too especially the huge bowl crater that was dig out by a dedicated band of loonies, I only switched back to using creative on it when it ended up being just me building it towards the end :-( . I would say about 80% of what you see on Neocraft was built in survival mode which isn't bad when you consider the builds on there.
Mengy
wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
(08-07-2013, 04:37 PM)
Mengy's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadiWulf

I guess i never realized neocraft was both survival and creative. I was wondering how such big crazy structures were built >.> heh. I thought creative was a different server.

Originally Posted by CharmingCharlie

You would be surprised most of the big projects were built in survival mode. The Great Dome City was built in survival mode (I fell to my death thousands of times building those domes), The only "cheat" with Dome City was converting the cobble stone to Iron and that was only done because I am running short on years of my life and I hate to think how long it would take me to mine 9 million blocks of iron :p

Most of Domepolis was done in survival mode too especially the huge bowl crater that was dig out by a dedicated band of loonies, I only switched back to using creative on it when it ended up being just me building it towards the end :-( . I would say about 80% of what you see on Neocraft was built in survival mode which isn't bad when you consider the builds on there.

Yeah, Neocraft was always survival, it's just that some people wanted to be in creative more recently for building large things. I used to call it "dirt scaffold sickness", lol. On the old server, most of the best stuff was built in pure survival. My fortress near spawn was entirely built in survival before I even become a mod. I remember burning through all of my coal I brought with me on the Ark to make smooth stone, and realizing that my 40+ full stacks just wasn't going to be enough. It took a lot of branch mining to finish that place.

Actually, most people like to be in creative just for the flying, to get around quicker. And that's why I hate creative mode, it completely negates every other mode of travel: boats, minecarts, roads, nether networks and portals. Even horses. All of them are inferior to flying mixed with warps. Creative mode completely eliminates the survival, collecting, crafting, and danger of playing the game. It makes it boring to me.

Honestly, once Ark gets the multiverse up I'm moving there and (most likely) never coming back to the current world. I love pure survival Minecraft, that's why I play more single player now than on Neocraft, and it's why I'll be a rare sight on the current Neocraft world once Multiverse is up.
Morokh
Member
(08-07-2013, 04:41 PM)
Morokh's Avatar

Originally Posted by CharmingCharlie

Most of Domepolis was done in survival mode too especially the huge bowl crater that was dig out by a dedicated band of loonies, I only switched back to using creative on it when it ended up being just me building it towards the end :-( . I would say about 80% of what you see on Neocraft was built in survival mode which isn't bad when you consider the builds on there.

80% might be a bit much with all the things that popped up in the last months that are heavily using creative/world edit, but yeah there are a lot of survival things on the server still.



Now, we're talking about creating a new map but Jeb is fiddling with new biomes :(

Sarcasm
Member
(08-07-2013, 04:44 PM)
Sarcasm's Avatar
^

That is Biomes O'Plenty? Looks exactly like one of the biomes in it.

When I play SV I dont' care if other people are in CV just stay away from me and don't give me stuff. Its not like this guy in SV 16K blocks away will affect my play.
ShadiWulf
Member
(08-07-2013, 04:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Morokh

80% might be a bit much with all the things that popped up in the last months that are heavily using creative/world edit, but yeah there are a lot of survival things on the server still.



Now, we're talking about creating a new map but Jeb is fiddling with new biomes :(

saw that image on twitter, i think it looks really interesting! Nice to see Mojang wanting to make some interesting new biomes.

also couldnít a new map still be started? I thought features of newer version of minecraft would be generated in newly explored biomes by a newer version of Minecraft (ahh.. sorry for that broken sentence! tired.. can't think right, ha )
Mengy
wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
(08-07-2013, 05:05 PM)
Mengy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Morokh

Now, we're talking about creating a new map but Jeb is fiddling with new biomes :(


That's a very interesting pic. After looking at it in detail, I have the following questions:

1. Is that a new kind of mud block? Or is it just dark brown grass? Because something dark brown is growing on those dirt blocks....

2. New trees? Maybe they are just spruce wood with different leaf styles....

3. I see cobblestone there. New generated buidling type?

4. There are squids in the water, but there is something else next to them too. Either a new water mob or a new water plant, not sure.



Originally Posted by ShadiWulf

also couldnít a new map still be started? I thought features of newer version of minecraft would be generated in newly explored biomes by a newer version of Minecraft (ahh.. sorry for that broken sentence! tired.. can't think right, ha )

We could start a new Neocraft map, but CC would die of a dome induced heart attack. Also, I don't think many people want to lose their builds again, some people are still miffed from the last time we did it. That's why I kind of hope we restart this new Multiverse map like once a year or something. That way we have a permanent world where everyone can store their stuff and build things that won't go away, and we would have a temporary world where we coulc start afresh from now and then, go exploring in, and also get all the new stuff that patches add in. It would be the best of both worlds in one Neocraft, IMHO.

Personally, I love restarting from scratch regularly. I have like two dozen single player worlds on my PC, maybe more honestly. Starting from nothing in a brand new world is half the fun of the game IMHO.
789shadow
Banned
(08-07-2013, 05:19 PM)
789shadow's Avatar
Looks like a Pacific Northwest forest biome. That mossy cobble is probably just that: rocks with moss on it.
Morokh
Member
(08-07-2013, 05:45 PM)
Morokh's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadiWulf

also couldnít a new map still be started? I thought features of newer version of minecraft would be generated in newly explored biomes by a newer version of Minecraft (ahh.. sorry for that broken sentence! tired.. can't think right, ha )

I was talking about the new multiverse Survival only map, not the actual Neocraft map :p

And yes, newly generated chunks will create new biomes, but you also get some ugly chunk border errors :P

Thread Tools