• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

wilstreak

50 summons into the Halloween banner. Only 1 on-banner gold (pJake). I've now pulled more Goukens than banner golds.

I'm starting to feel like the people who couldn't pull 9S on Nier.

My first around 50 pulls and i didn't get any banner gold.

Decide to use lapis and do multipull and got Nichol and Jake together, no rainbow but still nice.

If you have spare lapis, doing multipull seems to be a good choice.

Pejo

Decided to do a single Multi-pull on this banner to see if I could grab a Lorraine for the TM. Didn't get her nor the 4*, but I got a few off-banner golds with some decent TMs, so it's not all bad. Any of you guys pulling this banner?

evangd007

Decide to use lapis and do multipull and got Nichol and Jake together, no rainbow but still nice.

I have a good amount of lapis banked so I might do that. Or I will just use tickets until I get to ~100 summons and post the oddsbitch rate to show how unlucky I am.

Nightmare keep down with WoL, Ayaka, A2, Orlandu, Soleil, and friend A2. 1 mission down (no white magic). Will try again for esper and Libra, and maybe once more for 5-man. Notes:
- I should use VoE. WoL's breaking is covered by Orlandu so all he was doing was cover and defend.
- I shouldn't use Hippo's A2 because she isn't equipped to be immune to blind, so Ayaka was locked into using Purify.
- For 5-man, I'd probably cut A2 and use a friend Orlandu. This is least disruptive to the overall strategy, but would stretch the 60-to-0 phase from 2 turns to 5+, and that enters the danger zone.

Alkez

Decided to do a single Multi-pull on this banner to see if I could grab a Lorraine for the TM. Didn't get her nor the 4*, but I got a few off-banner golds with some decent TMs, so it's not all bad. Any of you guys pulling this banner?

I have like no resources. Wasted them all trying and failing to get white witch fina :(

Pejo

I have like no resources. Wasted them all trying and failing to get white witch fina :(

That sucks, i'd give you one if I could. She's a decent alternative for group MP recover if you don't have Tilith.

No black magic week in Arena, so I put Chic Ariana in my arena team because why not. I think when I have some more time to sit down and build it, I'm going to make a full on meme team for defense.

Pulling light, if much. As much as I would like Loren, I've got a solid party already in 2B, Greg and DKC along with my WoL and Tilith. To say nothing of the backups like Rikku, Illusionist Nichol, Reberta, and the like. I've still got a 5* EX ticket from the gifts as well as a 10+1 ticket and I don't feel compelled to use either.

Whizkid7

I've got so many spare Zidanes that the notion of pulling on this banner for me is laughable at best. Maybe a daily or two, but that's about it. Halloween ate all my resources, anyway.

For a F2P like me, I cant afford to lapis pull this go around. Especially with a potential guarantee 5K Lapis one 5* in december rumor circling around.

Curse nichol for never appearing tho... fml.

Anyway quick question who's the best finisher in the game? My luneth is at Cut Through +1 and im scared to upgrade it to +2 on the off chance Reberta becomes some epic finisher or something with her enhancement

Pejo

For a F2P like me, I cant afford to lapis pull this go around. Especially with a potential guarantee 5K Lapis one 5* in december rumor circling around.

Anyway quick question who's the best finisher in the game? My luneth is at Cut Through +1 and im scared to upgrade it to +2 on the off chance Reberta becomes some epic finisher or something with her enhancement

Pretty sure Luneth and Firion are still the best, depending on Killers. Still waiting on Olive enhancements to see if she can re-take the title though.

EDarkness

I did the daily and used one ticket. Ended up with Chole and I'm okay with that. Trying to finish up the Halloween stuff right now, though.

Muku

She'll be in pool, and that's good enough for me.

Did us my daily login ticket .. I know one won't net me Lorrane. But maybe a banner unit, right? Elle.

evangd007

iNichol acquired. ~100 ticket pulls. Oddsbitch odds: 90.9%. Along the way I got a Marie (man the game has passed her by) and multiples of pJake, Gouken, Garnet, and Xon.

I suppose that was penance for ripping Ayaka on my 5* EX.

Resource balance:
73k lapis
124 tickets
3 4* tickets
7 10+1 tickets
30 EX
3 4* EX

3% rainbow rate plox.

wilstreak

I have saving lapis ever since Nier banner, but this cursed Halloween banner forced me to do it. Good things it didn't go to waste.

I hope I can restrain myself on Cloud banner and wait for 3* rate.

Isn't the best physical finisher in this game is Fixed Dice VoF while the best magic finisher is Emperor (at stack 7 or more)?

iNichol acquired. ~100 ticket pulls. Oddsbitch odds: 90.9%. Along the way I got a Marie (man the game has passed her by) and multiples of pJake, Gouken, Garnet, and Xon.

I suppose that was penance for ripping Ayaka on my 5* EX.

Resource balance:
73k lapis
124 tickets
3 4* tickets
7 10+1 tickets
30 EX
3 4* EX

3% rainbow rate plox.

Congrats for Nic and Marie. Though honestly i am surprised that after you pull 100 times, you still have that much resource. Mine is probably only around a quarter of yours.

I have saving lapis ever since Nier banner, but this cursed Halloween banner forced me to do it. Good things it didn't go to waste.

I hope I can restrain myself on Cloud banner and wait for 3* rate.

Isn't the best physical finisher in this game is Fixed Dice VoF while the best magic finisher is Emperor (at stack 7 or more)?
Technically yes for VoF. However, the thing is his equips are shitty and his main dmg is tied to his 30% chance counter

evangd007

Congrats for Nic and Marie. Though honestly i am surprised that after you pull 100 times, you still have that much resource. Mine is probably only around a quarter of yours.

I'm very good at saving. The only banners I've pulled on significantly in the past year were this one, Nier, FFX and FFXII. In the same time I've done 2 lapis pulls: FFX and anniversary guaranteed 5*. Other than that just odds and ends for mog king bonus.

I have a system for pulling:

1 - Units significantly increase my capability of completing endgame content
2 - Units have unique capabilities
3 - Units are time-limited
4 - Units are my favorites and/or waifu

2 true - consider pulling
3 true - pull some
4 true - go for broke

Many units are side grades or nice-to-haves and those automatically fail conditions 1 and 2, so I find it easy to control myself.

fionel

Honestly if I could give you 1 of my 2 remaining 5* tickets I would. I just know those how bad it can feel when seems like everything is continuously shitting on you.

Haha it's nice to know there are bros out here looking out for me when my luck is in the gutter. I appreciate it :)

Not getting a on-banner rainbow is one thing - what made me really upset is the fact that all those top-tier rainbow units that I previously obtained through sheer luck and perseverance have been made immediately obsolete in the face of the 7*. The slate has been cleaned and now I have to collect a dupe of everything to climb back to where I was. For now, it's practically not that important b/c apparently even Omega Weapon can be defeated with a team of 6*, but just looking at the difference in power level between the 6* and 7* makes it very unsettling.

Ever since the 3% rainbow change, 4* units have quickly become irrelevant for old players like me and only certain rainbow units can enhance your end-game party compositions. That rainbow chase has been more than hard to swallow already, and now this 7* system only makes things 100% worse and makes getting a single rainbow feel like getting a gold not so long ago.

I cannot deny that it is exciting to learn what new skills/stats the old units have received in their 7* form. It is just that this really makes me question myself, as a F2P player, whether it's worth all the effort and heartache to keep up with the gacha when the rates are absolutely shit. Once the buzz starts to fade on the 7*, I imagine a lot more players could come to the same sentiment.

Having said all that I believe Alim is aware of this problem too and I suspect a new rainbow rate would be in place not too far in the future. In the meantime, I think I should try to be more casual with this game so shit like this would bother me less :)

Xion86

Hi all! Still here and catching up with the pages when I can. Work has taken over my life over the past few weeks so been gaming less and not had much chance to keep up with threads. Still playing this everyday as usual though! My highlight has been finally getting all the rewards for Inner Chamber Nightmare a day before the event ended :). Hope my Soleil was helpful, will switch to Xon now.

Pejo

Hi all! Still here and catching up with the pages when I can. Work has taken over my life over the past few weeks so been gaming less and not had much chance to keep up with threads. Still playing this everyday as usual though! My highlight has been finally getting all the rewards for Inner Chamber Nightmare a day before the event ended :). Hope my Soleil was helpful, will switch to Xon now.

Congrats on the full rewards for Nightmare. I had to give up on the 5 man one after way too many tries.

I've been mostly going through season 1 content that I'm behind on this weekend, finally got Tetra Sylpheed and am working on Bahamut's exploration. Is there a good map for this anywhere? FFBE wiki doesn't have one yet.

Shouta

I need to finish up Season 2 story in JP before the end of November so I can get that moogle. So many TMs to get but so few gains. I've been too lazy though. =(

wilstreak

so since :
1. Don't chase rainbow
2. Only rainbow can get 7*
3. 7* will be the meta in the future.

Does that mean don't pull until rainbow 3%?

Aside from Mistair, is there any 4* worth chasing for in the near future?

I hope they adopt 3% rainbow soon enough. Not pulling is not fun, but i feel that it is unwise to pull now.

Muku

I feel like you're bound to get Rainbows when you aren't looking for them. Or thinking it'll happen. To be honest, we're not even guaranteed a Rainbow change on Black Friday. At this point, I'm going with mantra of pull whenever I get the urge. Dupes just become 7*s and maybe STMRs when that comes to GL. I mean, right now I have a dupe Orlandu and Gilgamesh on my main which are just sitting tight for now. I won't mind dupes, even though the ones I've gotten so far I didn't hate to begin with.

At this point I'm just going with the flow. I tend to get Rainbows when not expeecting. Or wanting one thing and getting something else.

Muku

Can someone be so kind and explain to me how to play FFBE??

I guess closest comparison would be a FB game? In beginning you won't be able to do a lot as you won't have enough NRG. But as you rank up, you'll get more and be able to do more. It's way better than a FB game though. There's different portions of the game though. The best one I'd recommend to get you in though is to follow the story.

You play it like an RPG though. You take turns fighting enemies and all. Cast magic, heal, do skills, etc. It's just a mobile game. What is it in specific are you looking for help on?

Shouta

I'm pretty ready for the Dragon Quest units to come back. I really want to see what a 7-star Dragon Lord will be like, lol.

evangd007

so since :
1. Don't chase rainbow
2. Only rainbow can get 7*
3. 7* will be the meta in the future.

Does that mean don't pull until rainbow 3%?

Aside from Mistair, is there any 4* worth chasing for in the near future?

I hope they adopt 3% rainbow soon enough. Not pulling is not fun, but i feel that it is unwise to pull now.

On my list of banners coming until the expected gacha change I only have Mistair, but that doesn't account for any GL-exclusive or time-limited units.

EDarkness

I'm pretty ready for the Dragon Quest units to come back. I really want to see what a 7-star Dragon Lord will be like, lol.

Oh. That would be cool. I'd like a metal slime just for the hell of it. Though, truth be told, I want Nier go come back to JP. Need the 2B lovin'.

Pejo

Working my way through this story, not terrible. I like these little side story events. I only need a bit more TM to have my 3rd Letters & Arms, then going to try taking down Aigiaon. I've watched a bunch of vids in the past few days and I think I have my strategy down.

Shouta

Oh. That would be cool. I'd like a metal slime just for the hell of it. Though, truth be told, I want Nier go come back to JP. Need the 2B lovin'.

I'd love to get a Liquid Metal Slime/Hagure Metal just to have in case it becomes good again, lol. It's a pretty interesting magic tank still even if its stats are really low.

Working my way through this story, not terrible. I like these little side story events. I only need a bit more TM to have my 3rd Letters & Arms, then going to try taking down Aigiaon. I've watched a bunch of vids in the past few days and I think I have my strategy down.

The side stories start getting better later. A lot of JPs were commenting on how good the Season 2 short stories that came out recently were pretty good and had better writing than the main story. Only issue would be the translation of the dialogue now...

maricar

Neo Member
I'd love to get a Liquid Metal Slime/Hagure Metal just to have in case it becomes good again, lol. It's a pretty interesting magic tank still even if its stats are really low.

The side stories start getting better later. A lot of JPs were commenting on how good the Season 2 short stories that came out recently were pretty good and had better writing than the main story. Only issue would be the translation of the dialogue now...
Yeah, saw a lot of issues on script + the characters (or probably the dev) are confused.

Also, I have they give more energies or implement half energy in story quests so those who have not completed the story (like me) can catch up before season 2. (I think energy is better so those who have completed the story can save the energies for future)

HALP! I got back from a trip this weekend and Nox won't work due to a google service issue. I guess this is a problem that occurs on Android devices, it's not Nox specific. Basically the google service keeps failing so it spams failure messages as soon as Nox is up and I can't get my account to log in since it's a google account and the service is hosed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nox, disabling/reinstalling the google services app, the google stores app, and disabling and re-enabling the google service framework app I think it was. In any case, I've tried disabling/re-enabling/reinstalling these services and no dice. I grabbed the latest apk file for google services and also tried an older version but nothing resolves the issue. Anyone experience this before? Wondering if I should go back to Memu but wish I knew what the problem was.

EDarkness

HALP! I got back from a trip this weekend and Nox won't work due to a google service issue. I guess this is a problem that occurs on Android devices, it's not Nox specific. Basically the google service keeps failing so it spams failure messages as soon as Nox is up and I can't get my account to log in since it's a google account and the service is hosed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nox, disabling/reinstalling the google services app, the google stores app, and disabling and re-enabling the google service framework app I think it was. In any case, I've tried disabling/re-enabling/reinstalling these services and no dice. I grabbed the latest apk file for google services and also tried an older version but nothing resolves the issue. Anyone experience this before? Wondering if I should go back to Memu but wish I knew what the problem was.

Have you tried reinstalling Nox?

Ailile

Neo Member

It sound like you've covered all the basis.
Is there some customer support number you could call?

Have you tried reinstalling Nox?
Yep, listed that in my troubleshooting attempts. Used the opportunity to finally get on the latest version ha
It sound like you've covered all the basis.
Is there some customer support number you could call?

Hmm I'm not even sure, it's more of an android google error than Nox. If you google the error you'll find youtube videos troubleshooting this on Android phones and other emulators so it's a more widespread problem. Alas, nothing I came across worked for me so I was hoping someone here ran into the issue before. Bizarre that reinstalling the entire application doesn't resolve it and I've experienced this with two different versions of Nox now since I wasn't on the latest to begin with. I've seen people state that Avast can be a problem and I do use Avast so I could test that out but it's worked fine with Avast since I first started using it so odd that it would suddenly have an issue now.

Appreciate you guys responding! Maybe someone else who's familiar with this will chime in later but otherwise I'll look into the Avast issue or maybe swap to Memu. Anyone using Memu these days? Does it work fine?

Pejo

Yep, listed that in my troubleshooting attempts. Used the opportunity to finally get on the latest version ha

Hmm I'm not even sure, it's more of an android google error than Nox. If you google the error you'll find youtube videos troubleshooting this on Android phones and other emulators so it's a more widespread problem. Alas, nothing I came across worked for me so I was hoping someone here ran into the issue before. Bizarre that reinstalling the entire application doesn't resolve it and I've experienced this with two different versions of Nox now since I wasn't on the latest to begin with. I've seen people state that Avast can be a problem and I do use Avast so I could test that out but it's worked fine with Avast since I first started using it so odd that it would suddenly have an issue now.

Appreciate you guys responding! Maybe someone else who's familiar with this will chime in later but otherwise I'll look into the Avast issue or maybe swap to Memu. Anyone using Memu these days? Does it work fine?

Did you try logging into "find my device" via Google and see if there's anything strange with your Nox account? I think the default "device" it uses is some Huawei phone.

Okay, I'm wondering if the rules for "kill with an esper" are bugged or have been changed to be VERY specific, because I've tried to kill the boss twice to get the 2 tickets. first time I'm certain I mistimed it to be after the killing hits, but this time I know the esper hits were within the final attack. Does it have to be explicit now?

Did you try logging into "find my device" via Google and see if there's anything strange with your Nox account? I think the default "device" it uses is some Huawei phone.

I looked at my activity after logging into google via browser and can't discern anything useful from there. It's super bizarre... No idea what's going on but at this point I feel like testing Memu out is the best option. If Memu sucks than I'll revisit this but Yoshi says Memu has been working well for him so that's encouraging. Thanks for helping, I'll look deeper into this if I come back to Nox but hopefully Memu works well for me.

Shouta

Okay, I'm wondering if the rules for "kill with an esper" are bugged or have been changed to be VERY specific, because I've tried to kill the boss twice to get the 2 tickets. first time I'm certain I mistimed it to be after the killing hits, but this time I know the esper hits were within the final attack. Does it have to be explicit now?

I assume this is on GL? Did you do it with a friend unit? As I recall, it was a bug with friend units where they didn't count until it was fixed.

Lyrian

Esper kills have to be the killing blow, the immediate next overkill hit, or have to be part of a chain that contains the killing blow/overkill hit.

If there is a chain, once that chain breaks, the esper hit won't count. So, you can't just fire and forget an esper, as that usually won't work.

Looks like next banner for Global is the Four Fiends banner.

Pejo

Esper kills have to be the killing blow, the immediate next overkill hit, or have to be part of a chain that contains the killing blow/overkill hit.

If there is a chain, once that chain breaks, the esper hit won't count. So, you can't just fire and forget an esper, as that usually won't work.

Nice, glad I saved my lapis, I'd really like a Barbariccia.

Also, side note - burned one of those free tickets we got yesterday and got a rainbow last night doing the "summon a unit" mission, ended up being my 5th Delita though, no Loren.

Highs and lows, man.

Yeah, I ended up doing it this morning before work. I just got him to 1%, had TT use Ramuh and then my 2B and the friend 2B followed with Speed just a tad after to make sure it all got to him. I didn't want to take chances.

Top Bottom