• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

At this point I think the animators are purposefully drawing Goten tinier and tinier every episode to force Toriyama to submit a new design

Kayhan

skrmbillede2016-12-1797k9b.png

skrmbillede2016-12-17eaqz9.png

jax

Banned
I hope the other side of the tournament has some old school villains. I'd like to see Raditz, Cell, Dr. Gero & Colonel Silver (or some other RR rep), alongside Hit, Frost, and maybe some new villains.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
An angel dies every time someone says Tate's animation is bad.
Tate has his own artstyle that is suited to expression and exaggerated animation and his animation is awesomely fluid.

THIS is bad art;
tumblr_o0qhoneJTv1ro9t5eo5_1280.jpg

This is a style;

zG7meQo.png

It's one thing if you dislike his artstyle, I can completely understand why some people aren't a fan of him because of the specific way that he strays from the character designs, but his animation is not bad.
Yeah, it reminds me of the more stylized (but still very different from Toriyama) Z artwork.

Like Trunks in this image:

Copy_of_super_saiyan____.jpg

I hope the other side of the tournament has some old school villains. I'd like to see Raditz, Cell, Dr. Gero & Colonel Silver (or some other RR rep), alongside Hit, Frost, and maybe some new villains.

Like, slightly varied alternate universe versions of them? Or are you thinking that frost callback might be hinting at something more direct?

Edit: not cooler, frost

LordOfChaos

Yikes. Next episode looks like a nosedive in animation quality again, after a few really well animated episodes.

The rainy alien city had an awesome tone about it, and Hit as always is great. Wouldn't mind seeing more alien civilizations like that.

Sheroking

Yikes. Next episode looks like a nosedive in animation quality again, after a few really well animated episodes.

The rainy alien city had an awesome tone about it, and Hit as always is great. Wouldn't mind seeing more alien civilizations like that.

lol ArchedThunder gonna be super triggered at this rate.

Although I don't really like that style, either. I think for something like Dragon Ball, consistency is better.

LordOfChaos

An angel dies every time someone says Tate's animation is bad.
Tate has his own artstyle that is suited to expression and exaggerated animation and his animation is awesomely fluid.

THIS is bad art;
tumblr_o0qhoneJTv1ro9t5eo5_1280.jpg

This is a style;
jq8xIxr.png

It's one thing if you dislike his artstyle, I can completely understand why some people aren't a fan of him because of the specific way that he strays from the character designs, but his animation is not bad.

The quoted one sure reminds me of the questionable noses early on...If it's a "style", ehh, still doesn't work for me.

I was going to go back and screen cap exactly that when I saw you quoted above, then I saw in the original post that very scene was used as evidence of it /not/ being poorly drawn, lol

Guys, I'm not a fan of Tien's current Super outfit (and I get it's a callback to his Dragon Ball look). I think it's fine for non-fighting situations,

bd13dd36a2fcbe439cd5d614e411f447.jpg

(it works pretty well here for example)

but if he's brawling, I'd like another outfit.

Tien's history of having some of the best outfits in the series adds to my frustration with the current one

TienVsCellJr..png

4427501-0426410504-TienT.png

He needs a more free-flowing outfit that is lighter on clothing

CryptiK

Guys, I'm not a fan of Tien's current Super outfit (and I get it's a callback to his Dragon Ball look). I think it's fine for non-fighting situations,

bd13dd36a2fcbe439cd5d614e411f447.jpg

(it works pretty well here for example)

but if he's brawling, I'd like another outfit.

Tien's history of having some of the best outfits in the series adds to my frustration with the current one

TienVsCellJr..png

4427501-0426410504-TienT.png

He needs a more free-flowing outfit that is lighter on clothing
His new outfit shits on the rest IMO.

olympia

Lol @ the Tate hate from the NEP. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's far from bad. The humor in this episode was great, and Bulma crashing into Goku was a nice lil callback.

I really appreciated the fact that Goten and Gohan were featured prominently in this episode. Goten wants nothing to do with your dusty ass Saiyaman outfit, Gohan :(. I loved the sequence with Hit, it was really cool. I liked the weird dystopian city.

And yeah,
in one of the previews that Herms translated the ki blast does bring Goku black to life, iirc.

CryptiK

So Whis or Beerus was in on it. I imagine Whis got Vados to hire Hit to kill Goku for some special training type shit. Oh and the Zenkai boost hes about to get.

Also that isnt artstyle it just looks awful.

78e72b25ee.jpg

I mean c'mon look at that.

The other parts in the preview like the close ups of Goku and Hits face are fine. Just seems like bad art in between.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
After the universal tournament arc it would be nice if the they went into the Makaioshin. Have them take over the universe turning it into a Makaioshin paradise in which the Makaioshin are given a huge power boost and the z fighters have to train and beat teams multiple tiers of evil demon Kai.

After that some kind of smaller saga with a war world scenario where goku, gohan, piccolo, vegeta, trunks and gotten are trapped on a planet in the void between realms fighting to survive would be neat.

Then a threat to Zeno would be interesting.

Not until Heroes moves on from that plotline

Laiza

Good episode. Lots of intrigue, some cool worldbuilding, some character development (good on you, Goten!), and I absolutely LOVED seeing Goku get one-shot.

Looking forward to next episode too, off-model Tate art style or no. It'll be interesting to see how Goku adapts to this kind of opponent (even if I would have rather he actually officially died off here FOR GOOD).

So Whis or Beerus was in on it. I imagine Whis got Vados to hire Hit to kill Goku for some special training type shit. Oh and the Zenkai boost hes about to get.

78e72b25ee.jpg

The other parts in the preview like the close ups of Goku and Hits face are fine. Just seems like bad art in between.

The different looking art in the NEP is just other animators, that shot right there is distinctly Tate. And no, it isn't awful. You not liking it doesn't make it awful.

Man I really liked that U6 planet, give me a short series of Hit going to different planets, investigating, and assassinating people.

N.Domixis

Banned

78e72b25ee.jpg

This art is shit, if the artist isn't going to even try, go animate for something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom