• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October is stacked for games, what are you buying?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mario and Fire Emblem.

Maybe South Park, but I'm not sure yet.

jettpack

Definitely wolfenstein 2, already preordered.... I would love to get Mario but I would also have to drop 300 on a switch.

Osahi

Assuming they arrive in your hands simultaneoulsy, which do you play first?

Mario probably. Really looking forward to that one, even though I don't consider myself a big Nintendo-fan.

I'll play one of the other two next to it though.

AC Origins or Wolfenstein will depend on the mood I'm in, but probably Wolfenstein as I know I'll get trough it quicker then AC Origins.

Sygma

Wolfenstein, Evil Within, Destiny 2 pc and Battle Chasers

Brother gonna buy Odyssey for my bday

Will pick up AC on sale

MilkyJoe

A few of them, but I'm waiting until Scorpio before I buy anymore games. And I've got a fair backlog with Scorpio enhaned upgrades to go through (Doom, Tomb Raider, FH3) that I will be cracking on with. But will buy CoD WW2 and Forza 7 on Launch.

Bridges

I hate having a huge backlog, I definitely thought I'd have beaten The New Order by now.

So unfortunately that means that October will be Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors and maybe Dark Arisen if I decide to triple dip.

New Colossus whenever I finish the first game and same for Shadow of War (except with all the microtransaction nonsense they're doing I may just skip that one all together).

Monocle

Destiny 2, AC: Origins, and Mario Odyssey. Eventually. Hoping for a good Destiny 2 sale on Black Friday. I'm not finished with the first game yet but I can't wait much longer to get into the new one.

Xandremi

Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 and South Park are likely picks though if my friend gets South Park I won't have to xD

Maybe Mario too... decisions....

Just South Park for me.

I'm waiting on Mario Odyssey and Ass Creed because my backlog still has the likes of Nier,
Zelda and Yakuza Kiwami.

Gradon

I had preordered South Park, Dragons Dogma, Super Mario Odyssey, Cyberdimension, Friday the 13th and Evil Within 2.

I had to cancel South Park, Cyberdimension and Evil Within 2 b/c let's be realistic that's a lot of money in a short period of time.

JoeInky

Surprised that I'm only getting one of those in october, odyssey.

I want Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2, but seeing as I'll be getting those on PC I'll probably end up just waiting for a sale or something.

If Destiny 2 was coming to steam I would have probably bought that too, but will just end up forgetting about it now.

saktrop

Neo Member
Most likely shadow of war but i've gotta see some reviews first.Don't feel comfortable jumping in blind with the shady things wb has done.

Chaos child English and evil within are on the same day... wtf....

I’m only done with 50-60% of the jp version but chaos child is a goty contender for me

Ragnaroz

I'll probably get ELEX if it turns out decent, and South Park at some point. Not super interested in other games, and it'll take me at least a month to finish Divinity Original Sin 2 and XCOM 2 War of the Chosen, so I'm good for October. Also, still have Prey to finish.

kromeo

Evil Within 2 is then only game here I care about enough to buy at launch, I'll get FE Warriors some time in the future

haikira

Definitely Buying
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - PS4
    Hook it up into my veins.
  • The Evil Within 2- PS4
    Hook it up into my veins.
Definitely Buying (shortly after release)
  • Super Mario Odyssey - Switch
    Would have been day one, but with Stranger Things 2, as well as Wolfenstein II already out on the same day, I'm just going to hold off for one week.
  • Dragon's Dogma - PS4
    Already played the heck out of Dark Arisen on PS3, but looking forward to diving back in!
Maybe
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War - PS4
    A bit worried about this one, but still curious. Going to wait and see what people think about it on here. If the buzz is good, I'll probably pick it up on the run up to Christmas.

After much debate i think im dropping wolfenstien, gt sport and dragons dogma from my day 1 list.

Its now
Ac origins
Battle chasers
South park
Mario
Evil within
Mordor

The hardest thing is gonna be waiting for Halloween weekend to start playing evil within

luminous

Super Mario Odyssey...if I actually had a Switch lmao RIP, otherwise I think I'll only eventually get Dragon's Dogma out of OP's list.

Szadek

So far A Hat in Time, Mario & Luigi and South Park.

Since The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 are both Bethesda games, I'm going to assume that mean no pre-release review copies.
If that turns out to be true, they are both on my very low priotity list, together with Shadow of War.

Also, I don't have switch, but if I did, Mario would probably be the most interesting game next months for me.

Top Bottom