• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

This game has a 1% SSR Servant ratio in JP. If this version is the same then prepare to cry tears either from not getting the servant you want or because your wallet is empty.

Yikes. Maybe this game isn't for me then.

I'm not huge into Fate, and I know that the way this one works it's totally fine to run your favorites over who is statistically better, but how big of a mistake am I making by selecting Siegfried as my starter 4*?

He looks so good.

I'm not huge into Fate, and I know that the way this one works it's totally fine to run your favorites over who is statistically better, but how big of a mistake am I making by selecting Siegfried as my starter 4*?

He looks so good.

Siegfried and not GARcher?

giphy.gif

Articalys

How much space does all the data take up currently in the Japanese version? Obviously the English launch will be less, but it'll help estimate.

Also, would this play better on phone or tablet?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
How much space does all the data take up currently in the Japanese version? Obviously the English launch will be less, but it'll help estimate.

Also, would this play better on phone or tablet?

If your phone is older it'll crash less on the tablet. It does get bloated after a while. forgot the size though...

Arabesque

He looks so good.

Real talk, you can go with Siegfried and be fine. He gets a bad reputation half the time because of the meme (which may or may not be unfair, but it sure as hell is funny) and the other half cause he has the qualities to be a tank but not the skill set to be one, but as a Saber he's more than fine to carry you through the game all the way to the end game even.

His forte is that he can do well against enemies with a Dragon-trait, and can really shine if he goes up against (most) Dragon Lancers.

Problem is that usually, the actual dragons in the game are Riders (cause of the early game designers not having enough foresight to fix that problem) and there are only (thus far) 4 Lancer servants in the game with a Dragon-trait. Other problem is that Siegfried has among highest HP in the game, but no way to use it effectively, but that's more on the game design than anything.

On the plus side, many bosses for the game are with dragon trait or involve fighting dragons, so he is useful in story.

Also, once he gets his upgrades, he can charge up his NP pretty quickly since a lot of the upgrades is about making him recharge quickly with improving the damage of Balmung.

Really, FGO is a game where you pick your favs and just play along with the story. GO with him if you like him.

Articalys

If your phone is older it'll crash less on the tablet. It does get bloated after a while. forgot the size though...
Well, my phone is newer than my tablet, but I feel like the bigger screen size would suit the game better, since it's designed for landscape instead of portrait.

Real talk, you can go with Siegfried and be fine. He gets a bad reputation half the time because of the meme (which may or may not be unfair, but it sure as hell is funny) and the other half cause he has the qualities to be a tank but not the skill set to be one, but as a Saber he's more than fine to carry you through the game all the way to the end game even.

His forte is that he can do well against enemies with a Dragon-trait, and can really shine if he goes up against (most) Dragon Lancers.

Problem is that usually, the actual dragons in the game are Riders (cause of the early game designers not having enough foresight to fix that problem) and there are only (thus far) 4 Lancer servants in the game with a Dragon-trait. Other problem is that Siegfried has among highest HP in the game, but no way to use it effectively, but that's more on the game design than anything.

On the plus side, many bosses for the game are with dragon trait or involve fighting dragons, so he is useful in story.

Also, once he gets his upgrades, he can charge up his NP pretty quickly since a lot of the upgrades is about making him recharge quickly with improving the damage of Balmung.

Really, FGO is a game where you pick your favs and just play along with the story. GO with him if you like him.

Thank you for that! That's what I had figured -- I'd heard about the issues, so it's somewhat calming to learn that he's not actively useless for a new start.

So whats the source for the English APK and is there something like QoO to keep it up to date like there was for the Japanese version ?

I know they do it for Puzzle and Dragons (Which lets me play that game from NZ), maybe they haven't uploaded it yet because it's not properly launched. Don't start looking for an alternative yet, it's too early and you might not even need to.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've been familiar with Fate/stay night for more than a decade, and I still have no idea where most of these other Servants come from.

I was playing Fate/Extella the other day and was confused as heck, haha.

I know they do it for Puzzle and Dragons (Which lets me play that game from NZ), maybe they haven't uploaded it yet because it's not properly launched. Don't start looking for an alternative yet, it's too early and you might not even need to.

It is up on QoO now. Had to find it by going to the Aniplex list but FGO English is there.

Pachael

So whats the source for the English APK and is there something like QoO to keep it up to date like there was for the Japanese version ?

It's now on QoO but requires a bit of searching - look for Aniplex Inc as developer. Screens are in English and v1.0.0 which I assume is the released version.

Mupod

I've been familiar with Fate/stay night for more than a decade, and I still have no idea where most of these other Servants come from.

I was playing Fate/Extella the other day and was confused as heck, haha.

some of them like Tamamo and Nero are from Extra, the PSP game(s). A lot of them are from Apocrypha which is...a long story. And even more are just original characters for this game.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
some of them like Tamamo and Nero are from Extra, the PSP game(s). A lot of them are from Apocrypha which is...a long story. And even more are just original characters for this game.

That makes sense. I tried playing Fate/Extra CCC back in the day, but the first hour or so bored me out of my mind, so I gave up on it. I don't remember seeing anyone but Nero then, so I wondered if all Servants in that game would be mere palette swaps.

I guess I'll check out some Wikis, haha.

How come my game says still not available? Canada excluded?

If the Japanese version can be run from other countries I don't see why the US version wouldn't be able to. Also I've not yet encountered a game that's region locked down to the APK, but I've not perused a lot of mobile games so idk.

jonjonaug

Since the SSR rate is quite poor and they're being generous with the initial 4* giveaways, I will just try to have my first summon be a 4*

From what I understand we have the following "good" units guaranteed at start

Mash: Three star starting unit, ascends to four star later in the story
Saber Lily: Free starting unit, not a particularly strong 4 star but still p good
First roll: Guaranteed random 4 star unit from the full pool of unlocked four stars at the start of the game
Pick your own: Can pick any one from a pool of ten four stars, one of them being the strongest four star unit in the game and 2-3 more also being really good

EDIT: All this does NOT include any rolls you can do with the starting materials that you get from the beginning. I've read in a couple places that you can't get a 5 star servant in your tutorial roll. So if you want to reroll scum for a 4 star servant then you should just redo the tutorial roll, otherwise you'll need to play through up until you can do regular rolls (not sure how much farther that is).

goober

From what I understand we have the following "good" units guaranteed at start

Mash: Three star starting unit, ascends to four star later in the story
Saber Lily: Free starting unit, not a particularly strong 4 star but still p good
First roll: Guaranteed random 4 star unit from the full pool of unlocked four stars at the start of the game
Pick your own: Can pick any one from a pool of ten four stars, one of them being the strongest four star unit in the game and 2-3 more also being really good

who's the strongest pick your own

Arabesque

How expensive is it to roll for new characters? Any way to earn free rolls?

Depends on your luck and the rarity of the characters in question. You can roll a new character with a rate up in their banner in a single roll, or maybe in 10 rolls.

And yes, you can earn Quartz (the currency for rolling) through playing the game. Completing story chapters, finishing certain missions, log in rewards and also special events give them out, so you could save up plenty of them so you could use them when a character you like shows up. There are also tickets that (in the Japanese version at least) you could buy each month using in-game currency from the shop, or get as rewards or through log in bonuses.

My Japanese account is completely F2P, and saving up in game is how I managed to get higher rarity units. With luck, of course.

Thank you for that! That's what I had figured -- I'd heard about the issues, so it's somewhat calming to learn that he's not actively useless for a new start.

No problem! Like I said, you can use which ever you like most of the time, and Siegfried isn't actually bad so much as underwhelming in comparisons to many other Sabers.

I think the only free pick that might actually sabotage your early game is Stheno, because she's really poorly designed until she gets her upgrade to be more useful as a support. Every other one is fine-to-great, depending.

In general, the rank for the free picks:

Hercules <- strong damage dealer with inbuilt survivability, looks metal
Emyia <- has really strong improvements and upgrades, cool guy
Liz <- supportive gold lancer that you can count on
Tamamo Cat <- AOE damage dealer, kind funny

D'eon <- strong Tank
Marie <- strong defenses and survivability, cute
Martha <- Healer and buff cleanser, plus buff removal for the enemy once upgraded

Carmilla <- damage dealer assassin that hits hard, also has nice fanart on occasion
Siegfried <- strong against Dragon lancers, can recharge his NP quickly once upgraded. Also can hit hard, maybe. Cool guy voice.

Stheno <- needs upgrade to be useful, kinda useless and outclassed by even lower rarities.

Who else is in the no-rerolls club? In all gatcha games I accept what ever fate I am given

I sort of rerolled a bit when I got my Japanese account 2 years ago, but I don't think I will reroll for the English version. I'm going to roll with whatever the game gives me, and manage my way through it.

I re-flashed a stock, non-rooted ROM onto my old Galaxy Note II so I could play it on that device since I'll be damned if I unroot my daily driver Note 4.

In for finally understanding the story. I'm sad I can't carry over my JP account that had Saber Alter on it though. Maybe I'll get her in NA, she's only a 4-star right ;_;

sensui-tomo

which roll are you guys talking about to get either jeanne/Waver? just want to know so i can reroll at that point. (cause of the 1%)

Since we are presumably starting from the same beginning that JP had, most of the desirable 5-star Servants won't be available for some time.

Jeanne is available off the bat and can be rolled right away. She is extremely OP in the game's beginning. Your first task, in addition to getting your freebie Heracles or Liz, you should start combing your support lists to get some Jeannes on your Friends list because even if you don't roll her, you will find it helpful let her carry your party as support through the early game.

If we are actually going to start with nothing like the JP's did, please look forward to that one self-destructing guy whose name I don't remember becoming the "Savior of France" again like he did when JP launched.

If we want to reroll, do we need to erase the game, or is there a faster way?

On Android I believe you can do a Delete Data in the Application Settings to reset your game.
On iOS, I dunno what you do.

I'm not really sure I want to bother with re-rolling, I did that shit too much in JP.

chrono01

thanks for the quick answer.
No problem, best of luck to you (and the rest of us) in re-rolling!

Since we are presumably starting from the same beginning that JP had, most of the desirable 5-star Servants won't be available for some time.

Jeanne is available off the bat and can be rolled right away. She is extremely OP in the game's beginning. Your first task, in addition to getting your freebie Heracles or Liz, you should start combing your support lists to get some Jeannes on it because even if you don't roll her, you will find it helpful let her carry your party as support through the early game.

If we are actually going to start with nothing like the JP's did, please look forward to that one self-destructing guy whose name I don't remember becoming the "Savior of France" again like he did when JP launched.
It's interesting. I'm pretty sure I read early on that the gatcha for the Global version would differ from the Japanese release. I can't recall where I read that, but I seem to remember seeing that mention somewhere. If that's the case, it'll give us a much larger 5* pool to re-roll for, which would be nice. Although Waver is still a top-tier character, so if you pull him first it probably won't matter what else is in there (unless you go for waifu reasons).

BaconHat

Jeanne is available off the bat and can be rolled right away. She is extremely OP in the game's beginning. Your first task, in addition to getting your freebie Heracles or Liz, you should start combing your support lists to get some Jeannes on your Friends list because even if you don't roll her, you will find it helpful let her carry your party as support through the early game.

On Android I believe you can do a Delete Data in the Application Settings to reset your game.
On iOS, I dunno what you do.

I'm not really sure I want to bother with re-rolling, I did that shit too much in JP.

Thanks for the answer.
For the saviour of france, i think that meme was about sasaki, the false assassin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom