• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition announced

Also, disappointing that Frozen Wilds will be the only DLC. That's the last setting I would have chosen for the DLC.

I think there are other locations clearly on the list for future exploration but that they're clearly going to be saved for the sequel.

Socivol

When are they going to give out actual info on Frozen Wilds? It comes out next month and we've gotten one trailer and next to no additional info on what the story or setting entails.

When are they going to give out actual info on Frozen Wilds? It comes out next month and we've gotten one trailer and next to no additional info on what the story or setting entails.

In the lead-up to Paris Games Week later this month, probably. I'd expect a new trailer.

Dealer A

Neo Member
Maybe this has already been addressed, but I really hope I can use the save file from the original game on the physical GOTY version.

kaiwing

Does anyone know if the dl is on the Disc? I hate it when they announce complete editions and it's a voucher for the dlc.

Does anyone know if the dl is on the Disc? I hate it when they announce complete editions and it's a voucher for the dlc.

No official word yet, but I'd be willing to bet it won't be on the disc. The base game is a little over 40GB IIRC with all patches included. With an average Blu-Ray size of 50GB, the DLC would have to be pretty small to fit on disc.

jayu26

Cover no longer says 'Only on Playstation', PC version incoming??????

No. I hope you are not serious. Even if you are...
DLToCcRVAAA1DIz.jpg:orig

Temascos

Neo Member
This is very good news (And nice art design too, I personally prefer the original version but this one isn't like Arkham City). For latecomers like me it's handy to have this all in one spot and grabs extra attention just before the holidays.

Now I just need to buy a PS4 so I can play the billion damned games I want to play including this one.

Tyaren

This is very good news (And nice art design too, I personally prefer the original version but this one isn't like Arkham City). For latecomers like me it's handy to have this all in one spot and grabs extra attention just before the holidays.

Now I just need to buy a PS4 so I can play the billion damned games I want to play including this one.

Make that a PS4 Pro. ;) Horizon looks ridiculously good on it.

Memento

I’ve got to ask why? It only has one DLC that isn’t even out yet.

To boost momentum for the game as the holiday period starts?

Every game does a complete edition after the DLCs are all out, so why not take advantage of the holidays to launch it? It should be a pretty attractive game for the people that didnt play it yet and the DLC talk will put it on the mouth of the people again.

Does it include the content of the Deluxe Edition? That content should have been sold alone a long time ago.

Edit: The NA link mentions it. That's nice. I hope this version would be the default version digitally.

BigEmil

I'm personally gonna skip this and just wait for Horizon ZD 2, looking forward to see GG improve upon their first game in many aspects

Phreak47

Make that a PS4 Pro. ;) Horizon looks ridiculously good on it.

Half the reason I was able to easily waste over 100 hours on the game. For those that waited to play this, it's also the excuse to get Pro+4k if you haven't done that yet.

Can't wait for FW. Fully upgraded and ready (new game+ weapons and all)

HeeHo

Kind of weird that 1 expansion and some throwaway goodies constitute a re-release, but I'm not necessarily complaining.

I am actually finishing up Horizon right now. I think it's a great game but I honestly let the hype get to me and was expecting a bit more from this game. Especially with the comparisons to BotW and how much of an impact that game had on my expectations for this.

Graphics and presentation are all great, I was just expecting a little more interactivity with it being labeled an RPG. It is definitely more like a third person shooter with lite RPG elements in terms of gameplay.

True Fire

Can't really re-release a game as GOTY edition when the goty season hasn't happened yet.

Fallout 4 released a Game of the Year edition 2 years after release. It's clearly lost its value.

It is though. Overwatch and Fallout 4 jump in mind.

And nobody liked Fallout 4, so it's more of an act of desperation than a mark of pride these days.

Nioh didn't release a GOTY edition either, even though it will probably win at least one award.

Yogg

Then I'm glad I didn't get the "incomplete" edition. I want to play the game but this year is insane, so a complete game is a good sight.

Top Bottom