• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Limit

Now I'm strongly inclined to max my TDC. But knowing them as soon as they release Mikaela wave they will release the fryd wave 2 weeks after that. No predictability on release schedule front.

True they might shorten next waves to account for longer period now. Which would suck for me since I'm hurting for lack of dps transcended now.

Hmm Shrine of Shabelle is up to 29th and costumes ends on 30th - so going by major events/patches theory they could go Mika/Farrah on 22nd and Kymael/Fryderyk on 29th or the delay might be even longer up to 29th before next wave.

I think I'll swap my priority a bit - I was going to farm for maxing Mikaela first but with another delay I feel getting my BA from +5 to +max should be first since it will make ToB easier.

I'm a biiiiiit short on sss atm..
Got tbw +3

Got
Iota+3
Tieher ult
Sasha ult
Helios
Ouranos ult
Epsilon
Pluto

Should I get thanathos key or wait for lly free key and get him then? I have none of the mats for dark buster archer, so it's a tally investment to get it without the key claim..
If I "shard" the buster, I'd use the sss and essence to increase my poor tbw..
Worth getting t ravengale to leave at base? I have all the ult units already, the money and the essence, but I don't know if it would make more sense to use the resource towards max tbw...

I'm a biiiiiit short on sss atm..
Got tbw +3

Got
Iota+3
Tieher ult
Sasha ult
Helios
Ouranos ult
Epsilon
Pluto

Should I get thanathos key or wait for lly free key and get him then? I have none of the mats for dark buster archer, so it's a tally investment to get it without the key claim..
If I "shard" the buster, I'd use the sss and essence to increase my poor tbw..
Worth getting t ravengale to leave at base? I have all the ult units already, the money and the essence, but I don't know if it would make more sense to use the resource towards max tbw...

There's no warranty that we will get another free key - Korea only got two and they might have played it as 2nd anniversary instead of 4-4 pre-registration.

But from what I've seen in wikia around Bliss Foxy release Korea got new attendance rewards - free deity on 21st day and free key on 28th.

Which bracket are you hitting now in WB ? I'm guessing 10% one ?

As for Raven - it's either max her or skip her. Even at +7 she was worse than both Iota/Omega (ult) when I tried her potentialy she might be better than base keys but those keys need to maxed to create their t.allies anyway.

edit: statical data dump

I was logging essence gains since I've bought Eligos and now I have full 14 days data.

195 essences gained from Eligos which means around 25k shoes were burned in that time

399 trans essences gained - this includes all essences gained from shoes, nightmare, expedition, dailies , piggies, tov, events (but without 100 essences from free key which went toward Thanatos) but without using Eligos stuff (120 went for Thanatos, 75 still in my storage)

Expedition - 14 gained (I'm getting 6-7 successes each day) so 1/day
Piggies - 116 gained (so 25 from shoes +x from tickets) which means average is around 4 per run
dailies - 56
attendance - 7 (second half the month will be better)
events - 46 +15 from TOV

There's no warranty that we will get another free key - Korea only got two and they might have played it as 2nd anniversary instead of 4-4 pre-registration.

But from what I've seen in wikia around Bliss Foxy release Korea got new attendance rewards - free deity on 21st day and free key on 28th.

Which bracket are you hitting now in WB ? I'm guessing 10% one ?

As for Raven - it's either max her or skip her. Even at +7 she was worse than both Iota/Omega (ult) when I tried her potentialy she might be better than base keys but those keys need to maxed to create their t.allies anyway.
believe it or not... i'm hitting 30% on most wb :X save shariat 40% ;_;

Limit

I'm surprised by shariet one. You should be able to manage 10% there. Put CDR plus atk speed down on one half of allies and CDR plus defense down on the other half. You need one dps ally and the rest can be all buffers plus healers. Or make them all healers plus buffers if your dps ally isn't strong enough.

I'm surprised by shariet one. You should be able to manage 10% there. Put CDR plus atk speed down on one half of allies and CDR plus defense down on the other half. You need one dps ally and the rest can be all buffers plus healers. Or make them all healers plus buffers if your dps ally isn't strong enough.

maybe it's because i'm not using the def down on weapon?
i usually run with cdr/dot or cdr/cdr

Ok I think in that case You could try to leap frog t.lly.

To make her you would need to sacrifice your key ticket, spent 550 esssences on ulting thanatos, and then drop another 410 t.essences on t.LLy.

So that's expensive.

On the other hand finishing TBW is 300 t.essences and it should really catapult you into higher ranks already. And since it saves 880 essences you would get Helios and Iota ulted in similar "budget"

Instead of Thanatos you could use you ticket to get Askr. And then first max and then ult all those support keys because they get lot more powerful then.

If you get Askr you could try for hydra/golem:

Paladin in Askr
Whay in Sasha
Lucienne in Tyr
TBW
xxxx

Helios in Helios
Yvante in Iota

to be honest I don't know what xxx could be - you could put naked Tiel or Belle Snow there for now or it could be Ouranos (you would have to check what gives better results) or you could create Ravengale just to have another buffer.

Alternatively you could try unorthodox setup :

archer MC (with team buffing passives maxed)+ ouranos
TBW
Sasha
Tyr
Tiel in Ask

Helios
Iota

Also if you max TBW and support him with ult keys you would get solid boost in arena, fortress, nightmare, RoB , Tag, guild adventure as you would have advantage over everyone with non maxed t.allies.

Imho max TBW+ult keys> Lly + keys at +0
and Lly will get replaced by Lucienne later anyway which is given by Tyr

maybe it's because i'm not using the def down on weapon?
i usually run with cdr/dot or cdr/cdr

I doubt it - it's far more likely due to not having strong ult passives on support keys and no solid healer to keep varmans alive.
At the moment only thing in game which can make more damage than Varmans there is TBW +max :)

Well this is more likely..
I run shariat with:
My rogue+ ult tiher
Belle snow + ult Sasha
Lly + ult ouranos
Tba + base epsilon
Drunken + base omega

Tbw+3
Helios + base gigantes helios

So either I shard the buster or I get askr? There's no point in ult-ing omega/Helios/epsilon?

I'm suggesting that you ult them ASAP after TBW ;) Since it not only upgrades your score but gives you access to powerful Bodens/Heroes in future.

But I see some weird choices. For Shariet you want to have as many buffers as possible since Varmans >>Tiehr.

For example my lineup which got me 1% (barely) yesterday:

Paladin+Askr (buffer)
Sasha on Whay (semi dps but also buffer since her summons can have buffs)
Iota on Yvante (buffer)
TDC +max (buffer and a bit of tank and damage dealer through his skills)
TRaven+max (buffer)
helpers:
Helios in Helios (buffer)
TBA+6 as

First rogue MC is not exactly great - you want MC which will have buffs that affect whole team so Paladin or to a lesser degree Archer. Since you don't have any of the buffer/healers maybe it would be best to use old trick of magnify priest with Epsilon activating at 1%.

Second you are not using Iota at all

Belle Snow is not so great choice of carrier- Yvante gives better buffs to party while Whay outdamages her by a lot.

Arrow Trigger would be better carier for Ouranos
Lucienne is best carrier for Tiehr in WBs

Last but not least - TBW should not be on helper slot but in one of those +50% attack boost slots in Fire Support formation.

ok got askr..
i'll finish tbw, then get to ult either epsilon (and then get tba) or iota..
gradually i'll ult askr and i'll leave ult omega last..
just through a quick calculation, it's like...
9 +10 ult for epsilon, 9+10 for iota..
something for askr..
I think i'll need a LOOOOOT of time to catch up..

micha, just a question..
do you farm with shoes only during 100%, also during 50% or even during no buff period?

Limit

I farm borderline 24/7 on bluestacks on pc. And even then I can keep pace to the extent of maxing one of two allies released in each wave. Because of delays with mikaela wave I'm currently ahead of the curve. But I'm expecting they will hasten the release waves after this once more. So keeping my farming habit the same for now.

ok got askr..
micha, just a question..
do you farm with shoes only during 100%, also during 50% or even during no buff period?

I can't mantain whole day of farming without burning my reserve of rubies so I try to maximize buff periods.

500-600 shoes during 100% buff
and in the morning i start farming with 1000-1200 shoes

and for weekends it's usually farming from 12 when 100% starts till night

Plus if I have some additional rubies i burn few hundreds of shoes during night.

uhm..
technically i have all the characters..
1) three are past lvl 100 (2 max level, the other is 101), and out of those, just one has cleared chapter 3 raids (and chapter 4 for what matters), so a lot of untapped rubies..
Is it worth to bring all charas to 108 to tap those?
2) should i bother with the jar of growth that gives 5 sss for 1500 rubies? it seems a tall order for just 5 sss... I think i should be able to get that many if i spend those rubies farming...
atm I'm comfy at 6500 rubies..
technically I aim to scale upwards:
1) home pc 24/7 tm farming on ffbe [already doing it]
2) ipad back and forth between dragon blaze and fwt while i work

oh well we'll see..

Limit

Another new patch - new GB is here but still no Mikaela/Farrah

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?412172-Patch-Wartung-Gildenkampf

ehh it stops being funny - especially when Mikaela was going to be center of my GB team.

I don't how much the claim that they are actively trying to catch up with KR DB is true any more. Right now our updates are even slower than KR's was. Part of me is expecting them to go nuts and release the rest of angels wave all at once.

Takuan

I don't how much the claim that they are actively trying to catch up with KR DB is true any more. Right now our updates are even slower than KR's was. Part of me is expecting them to go nuts and release the rest of angels wave all at once.

Man, I can't even catch up at the pace they're currently going! I've gotta grind the TrE for TBA, and then it's HE grinding for Thanatos, then more TrE grinding for Transcended Llewellyn.

Another new patch - new GB is here but still no Mikaela/Farrah

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?412172-Patch-Wartung-Gildenkampf

ehh it stops being funny - especially when Mikaela was going to be center of my GB team.

Hello there micha, I'm binkibee on r/dragonblaze, and I'm presuming you're the same fellow on reddit too.

I'm almost resigned to the fact that Global DB may want to slow things down a bit after the mad rush of introducing the T.Draco, but I'm not so sure about that either.

The first T.Angel wave after the Dracos came on time as we expected with the same gap of roughly 4 weeks. The T.Mik wave which was supposed to be bundled together with the GB rework got decoupled and delayed (now by two weeks); speculation abounds that it was due to their difficulty in integrating that new GB mode into Global DB.

If GL DB wants to stay on track with KR DB's release timeline, the following will have to happen:-

1. T.Mik's wave comes out next week (28/29th of May 2017), which is highly likely since it coincides with the end of the Shabelle Shrine event.

2. T.Fryd/T.Kym wave on the 5/6th of June. (no brakes, back to back releases)

3. Then it is back to normal with T.LLy and T.SB on the 26/27th of June.

Yeah that's me :)

To be honest I'm most unhappy about constant tempo changes - I just wish they would stick to one version.

I think your calendar is most likely at the moment altrough they could delay Kymael a week and then have 3 waves releasing 2 weeks from each one to get back into calendar.

I sometimes suspect that they are doing stuff like this on purpose to show us we can't plan 6 months ahead with any certainity.

7 days since I maxed TBA and I'm 70% ready for Mikaela and after that I only need Kymael +0 - at this rate I'll have to start researching if I want to make Storm Bear or Bliss Foxy ;)

Limit

Apparently ravengale is a key player in finishing RoB round 8. I'm so close to pulling an idiot move and maxing her out. Above 900 trans essences just sitting in my inventory doing nothing. Deep in my heart I know that as soon as I do this suddenly we will learn the next 2 waves are dropping back to back within a week. But finishing RoB round 8 sounds pretty sweet right now.

Apparently ravengale is a key player in finishing RoB round 8. I'm so close to pulling an idiot move and maxing her out. Above 900 trans essences just sitting in my inventory doing nothing. Deep in my heart I know that as soon as I do this suddenly we will learn the next 2 waves are dropping back to back within a week. But finishing RoB round 8 sounds pretty sweet right now.

Hmm I guess that still needs Gaela and probably TBW because I just die horribly there with my team of DDC, Raven and BA maxed

Limit

Hmm I guess that still needs Gaela and probably TBW because I just die horribly there with my team of DDC, Raven and BA maxed

The one round 8 finishing team I saw was pally mc with helios, gaela, TBA, TBW, T raven and then a bunch of busters as helpers. All trans were max. Don't know weapon effects or any strats for particular waves. Highest I did this week was round 8 wave 4. Enough for top 50 but not sure how much longer. Desperately need the next few waves of trans to come out asap. Sitting on a bunch of resources that are daring me to max out one of my trans dracos.

Finally we have confirmation of 4 new trans in June

a0ZITHP.jpeg

Limit

I remember reading about guild siege and loot last year when it came out. Don't remember much aside from that these modes are another great source of rubies income. Be in a decent guild and you will make bank.

Limit

The good thing about Mikaela is that she can take out TDC with ease. The bad news is that everyone seems to have her. That, and ravengale is her poison in tag. Did not expect that.

Interesting - haven't played tag with mine yet. But they are rather exotic on EU for now.

Also it feels nice to finally have real dps transcended. It made getting into top 50 Fortress much easier.

edit: Mikaela is doing good job over the last few days - when I made Raven she mostly protected my ranking from falling with occasional jump but with Mika I can move a tier in most of pvp content.

The good thing about Mikaela is that she can take out TDC with ease. The bad news is that everyone seems to have her. That, and ravengale is her poison in tag. Did not expect that.
well tiher was one of the best dark souls, so... :)
that's why I expect everyone and their sister to have at least base T mikaela and T ravengale..
:)

i'll also add that the farming for trascended essence is burning me out quite honestly :)

Takuan

I'm officially done with this game. Just want to thank the GAF guild for the good times and allowing me to reap the rewards that come with being part of an active guild. I wouldn't have been able to progress as far as I did without your help!

I'm officially done with this game. Just want to thank the GAF guild for the good times and allowing me to reap the rewards that come with being part of an active guild. I wouldn't have been able to progress as far as I did without your help!
going to logres?
i'd try it, if only it was available on ios in my country ;_;

Takuan

going to logres?
i'd try it, if only it was available on ios in my country ;_;
No (I don't know what that is), I was playing FFBE as well and just lost interest in DB. The latter is more of a passive experience; if it weren't for the guild, I'd probably have quit long ago.

Yeah it's bit unclear how it works for me. But I'm generally first in GA ever since I've made Raven in my guild so if I manage to get top 5 in all areas it's a lot of rubies.

Hmm I've decided there's not so much point in saving - with the bonus system they added in Korea we will be making tons of t.allies just for that later.

So now I've ended with maxed Aria, Farrah, Mikaela, DC and Raven.
Now I'll be skipping next wave completely so I have around month to get enough for Lly and if farming goes good I'll add Storm Bear to that.

Not sure what to do with Bliss Foxy - she would be useful but after her we get Manalandy and Falcon which both are super useful.

Limit

I'm getting both in next wave. Skipped BS and DC for the sole purpose of thinking that a better aoe mage and tank are going to be super quick down the line but here we are. I'll keep kymael at base for a week and see how she performs. Good as a revive scroll, at least.

Limit

Guild siege battle is about to start here in NA server in a few minutes. I think I get this mode but not the loot mode. But more sources of rubies income is always welcoming. And thank goodness the kymael+fred patch wasn't delayed. Tired of having no trans tank and aoe ally.

StuffRuff

Has anyone moved on to any other games that scratch the same itch as DB? I tried summoners wars but was turned off by having a bunch of different element types of the same unit.

Also have King's Raid downloaded but not really playing it in anger yet.

Still farming along with DB though, on track for T. Lly Max on day 1 but it's going to be serisously close. Feeling a bit burnt out by the game now to be honest!

Has anyone moved on to any other games that scratch the same itch as DB? I tried summoners wars but was turned off by having a bunch of different element types of the same unit.

Still farming along with DB though, on track for T. Lly Max on day 1 but it's going to be serisously close. Feeling a bit burnt out by the game now to be honest!

Not really - everything else I've tried required huge time commitment for active gameplay.

And everything else had big luck element for drops with gatcha which Dragon Blaze left behind at chapter 2 level with deity system.

You could try Fate GO - I find it to be only one managable with more casual gameplay due to single player only nature despite huge gatcha element with 1% drop for highest tier.

the issue is that db negated the "randomness" of gacha, in favour of an EXTENSIVE to borderline EXCESSIVE amount of grind to stay on par..
seriously the committment to get a transcendent to max is no joke..

the issue is that db negated the "randomness" of gacha, in favour of an EXTENSIVE to borderline EXCESSIVE amount of grind to stay on par..
seriously the committment to get a transcendent to max is no joke..

Yeah even Flint realized their mistake and ch5 is bringing a bit of balance to grind.

On a side note we might be getting t.Lly on 26th

ftkws71yz7az.jpg

StuffRuff

Yeah even Flint realized their mistake and ch5 is bringing a bit of balance to grind.

On a side note we might be getting t.Lly on 26th

ftkws71yz7az.jpg

Good news on t.Lly! I have been grinding away pretty much solidly for the last few weeks for the SSS and ess for her. Will be nice to be able to have my first tran and also have something MAX'd on day 1.

Could you elaborate on the ch5 balances or is there somewhere I can read? Interesting to hear what's coming up.

But yeah the grinding in the game has become insane. I think I almost prefer the gatcha.

Good news on t.Lly! I have been grinding away pretty much solidly for the last few weeks for the SSS and ess for her. Will be nice to be able to have my first tran and also have something MAX'd on day 1.

Could you elaborate on the ch5 balances or is there somewhere I can read? Interesting to hear what's coming up.

But yeah the grinding in the game has become insane. I think I almost prefer the gatcha.

There were several waves of changes:

- first they dropped essence cost of ulting keys and t.allies
- added t.ally ticket as monthly reward
- number of deities needed for key dropped to 1

Now from what I read they are getting rid of requirment of having key to make t.ally and there was a lot of free t/ally tickets given to people plus some kind of farming buffs system that is intended to give more chances to people who can't farm for whole day.

I'm getting all that from korean patch notes on wiki
http://dbaddiction.wikia.com/wiki/Blog:Recent_posts

StuffRuff

There were several waves of changes:

- first they dropped essence cost of ulting keys and t.allies
- added t.ally ticket as monthly reward
- number of deities needed for key dropped to 1

Now from what I read they are getting rid of requirment of having key to make t.ally and there was a lot of free t/ally tickets given to people plus some kind of farming buffs system that is intended to give more chances to people who can't farm for whole day.

I'm getting all that from korean patch notes on wiki
http://dbaddiction.wikia.com/wiki/Blog:Recent_posts

Thanks very much, I'll check that link out! Looks like there's some nice (and overdue) QoL changes headed our way.

Limit

Still with this game. Don't post in this thread any more because game's unofficial discord chat satisfies all my inquiries and game chatting needs. Currently trying to grind for windlune/luci wave but I keep using up my resources for ult enhancing my other trans allies. Going from max to ult is such a big boost. Which is also a big reason why fortress battle is currently in a flux. Ult marg's rng summons can wipe out multiple sets of max trans teams.

Ventara

Still with this game. Don't post in this thread any more because game's unofficial discord chat satisfies all my inquiries and game chatting needs. Currently trying to grind for windlune/luci wave but I keep using up my resources for ult enhancing my other trans allies. Going from max to ult is such a big boost. Which is also a big reason why fortress battle is currently in a flux. Ult marg's rng summons can wipe out multiple sets of max trans teams.

Yeah, my guild has it's own discord group, so I've just been chatting there. Pretty surprised at how long this game has had it's hooks in me. Who are you allocating your resources to? Windlune and Lucienne should be in about 2 weeks and they should definitely be prioritized. Only one worth ulting over saving for them right now might be Marg.

Top Bottom