• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Don't know much about IM@S in person. But its a few hardcore Love Live fans on campus at my college. And when I even mention IM@S they literally talk about how its trash and not worth mentioning.

The few times they have elaborated on it they say the characters have no depth and you don't get much interaction and "essence" with them. And they don't flesh anything out all franchise long. *shrugs* I can see where they are coming from maybe.

That said I don't mention anthing iM@S anymore lol

Oh man, you don't want to mess with Love Live fans, they're in a world of their own.

That whole thing about "essence", you really don't want to know what they mean by that.

Let's just say it's the kind of content that'll likely get you banned from GAF.

elhaym

Don't know much about IM@S in person. But its a few hardcore Love Live fans on campus at my college. And when I even mention IM@S they literally talk about how its trash and not worth mentioning.

The few times they have elaborated on it they say the characters have no depth and you don't get much interaction and "essence" with them. And they don't flesh anything out all franchise long. *shrugs* I can see where they are coming from maybe.

That said I don't mention anthing iM@S anymore lol

Dang, that's a shame. All the people I hang out with are pretty equal opportunity with idols. Heck, they're even cheering on WUG for AX now lol.

https://prereg.bn-ent.net/common/serial.php?app=imasml_theater

Remember to preregister for your smartphone.

It looks even cleaner than deresute, which surprises me. Do it for Yuriko.

Done and done. Can't wait for this!

Shun

I am looking forward to the superior version of Miki, Tsubasa, to have her image songs released for the game.

Aisle, Believe My Change, both too good.

And more of the 765 Pro All Stars CG models to show off. Still surprised at the graphic upgrade for this over Starlight Stage.

m0t0k1

I would laugh if we reached that goal in 10 days. Anything for that SSR Maybe add some extra goals between 390k and the million.

Ultimadrago

62740223_p0dhxdm.jpg

Happy Birthday, Iori~

m0t0k1

I'm buying a house on Iori's birthday. So glorious. :3

It better be as big as Ioris house :p.

We reached the 390k goal in TD today. So next up is the million seems kind of hard with the pacing it goes on now. But there is still time to register.

D3RANG3D

Is it good?...

I am getting Cinderella Girls/WUG vibes from it so far, pretty edgy first episode not sure what I feel about it at this point.

It devolves into all the other characters and society in general projecting the MC's famous dead twin sister (top tier idol) on her + Idol survival!

3DPD/10

PantsuJo

I am getting Cinderella Girls/WUG vibes from it so far, pretty edgy first episode not sure what I feel about it at this point.

It devolves into all the other characters and society in general projecting the MC's famous dead twin sister (top tier idol) on her + Idol survival!

3DPD/10
LOL ok, thank you for the feedback :D

rpmurphy

After a few months since the location opened, I finally got around to checking out my local Round One's karaoke setup, and it's cool that they have some im@s songs on the DAM unit -- Kimi wa Melody, Never Say Never, Ranko's and Miku's songs. With the hourly room rates being significantly lower than the Korean karaoke places around here, I'm kind of kicking myself for not going there sooner.

Pachael

Deremas' v3 update with Yes! Party Night!! and the new highest graphical options is nice - felt that most previous songs had the idols in one or two spots, with creative camera angles hiding their limitations - Now they dance around the stage and the more pronounced way they have them dance with different actions and timing make the overall package better...

... until Million Live released last week - hope everyone's enjoying it with their pre-reg crystals and SSR ticket?

I mean, opening it up was underwhelming till I turned up the graphics (lol), and it's like Platinum Stars stuffed into mobile - the IQ is far above what anyone else is coming out within this genre. It's like the youtube MVs posted earlier but much sharper. Brand New Theater! was mindblowing to play/watch first time on the highest quality after playing a lot of the competition's games.

Just having 3D models in cutscenes and rhythm gameplay make a big difference even if it seems that there's a 3 idol limitation per cut. The tate mode is really really cool, and the jobs/blog/mail subsystems look streamlined from Platinum Stars which I liked to provide some variety. In fact unlike the other teams that built idol models from ground up, Namco just asked the Platinum Stars team to downsize their models from that game - ML does have the 765 folk there so part of the job's done

And yeah, Tsubasa's best out of the new trio, and Ricchan greeting me at the theater first time up gave me the feels. And Haruka-chan, you're still adorable but you don't have to trip into everything...

m0t0k1

... until Million Live released last week - hope everyone's enjoying it with their pre-reg crystals and SSR ticket?

I mean, opening it up was underwhelming till I turned up the graphics (lol), and it's like Platinum Stars stuffed into mobile - the IQ is far above what anyone else is coming out within this genre. It's like the youtube MVs posted earlier but much sharper. Brand New Theater! was mindblowing to play/watch first time on the highest quality after playing a lot of the competition's games.

Just having 3D models in cutscenes and rhythm gameplay make a big difference even if it seems that there's a 3 idol limitation per cut. The tate mode is really really cool, and the jobs/blog/mail subsystems look streamlined from Platinum Stars which I liked to provide some variety. In fact unlike the other teams that built idol models from ground up, Namco just asked the Platinum Stars team to downsize their models from that game - ML does have the 765 folk there so part of the job's done

And yeah, Tsubasa's best out of the new trio, and Ricchan greeting me at the theater first time up gave me the feels. And Haruka-chan, you're still adorable but you don't have to trip into everything...

That sounds so awesome i run the game on an Ipad Mini 2 but there seems to be some optimasation problems. The whole 765 theatre part is a blurry mess. I also can't use any of the high settings only got 3 options. I wish the 2d part was better. I like the chibis dancing in the back with SS but here its just a boring 3d models 2dfied. I mostly run 3d anyways. This game is great. It really feels like an Im@s game. I can't stop taking screenshots lol and enjoying the commus. The rhythm part mode seems to run better then theatre and isn't a blurry mess and look decent. The only thing i really dislike are those up-slides lol.

I got a Tsubasa with my SSR ticket. But i won't be keeping this account long. Gonna reroll for a Miki SSR once that arrives. Unless i get her with my jewels lol. Also beware with the coins/medals you get. The expire dates are very short. I also have to laugh at the fact that makoto is finally allowed to wear a skirt after all these years.

So all in all i am ejoying this game a lot. Probably my favourite mobile game ever. But it needs some fixes to become even better. I also hope that at some later date they add in mini games to temporary buff stats or something. Those also play a big part in the Idolmaster.

Pachael

That sounds so awesome i run the game on an Ipad Mini 2 but there seems to be some optimasation problems. The whole 765 theatre part is a blurry mess. I also can't use any of the high settings only got 3 options. I wish the 2d part was better. I like the chibis dancing in the back with SS but here its just a boring 3d models 2dfied. I mostly run 3d anyways. This game is great. It really feels like an Im@s game. I can't stop taking screenshots lol and enjoying the commus. The rhythm part mode seems to run better then theatre and isn't a blurry mess and look decent. The only thing i really dislike are those up-slides lol.

I got a Tsubasa with my SSR ticket. But i won't be keeping this account long. Gonna reroll for a Miki SSR once that arrives. Unless i get her with my jewels lol. Also beware with the coins/medals you get. The expire dates are very short. I also have to laugh at the fact that makoto is finally allowed to wear a skirt after all these years.

So all in all i am ejoying this game a lot. Probably my favourite mobile game ever. But it needs some fixes to become even better. I also hope that at some later date they add in mini games to temporary buff stats or something. Those also play a big part in the Idolmaster.

I got the same issue with the lowres theater initially, but try going into the 'Navi' tab > System settings (1st icon on the second row, looks like a gear) > scroll down to the third option that describes 'Standard' and 'Lite'. I had the 'Lite' selected first, select 'Standard' again and for me the theatre looked much better. Looks like this

Anyway the random commus, the jobs with random 'chance', the 5 second response timer, and funnily enough the background music with the idols do make it feel more homely than Deremas' room, which is great in its own right, but the 3D adds to the effect.

And I just found how to move between rooms (the 'door' button when everything else in the menu/UI is hidden), and I caught Makoto in the dressing room wearing the ML dress, and she goes 'don't look!' in a commu if you interrupt her looking in the dressing room mirror (lol)

m0t0k1

I got the same issue with the lowres theater initially, but try going into the 'Navi' tab > System settings (1st icon on the second row, looks like a gear) > scroll down to the third option that describes 'Standard' and 'Lite'. I had the 'Lite' selected first, select 'Standard' again and for me the theatre looked much better. Looks like this

Anyway the random commus, the jobs with random 'chance', the 5 second response timer, and funnily enough the background music with the idols do make it feel more homely than Deremas' room, which is great in its own right, but the 3D adds to the effect.

And I just found how to move between rooms (the 'door' button when everything else in the menu/UI is hidden), and I caught Makoto in the dressing room wearing the ML dress, and she goes 'don't look!' in a commu if you interrupt her looking in the dressing room mirror (lol)

Holy shit thanks man its a night and day difference. at first it was choppy 30fps and lots of blur but now its like 60fps and all idols look normal now. Also the UI feels way more snappy.

Yeah its the small touches in this game that give it a lot of personality. I was listening to this main chapter mission girls talk and suddenly miki pops up saying ne ne producer. I did my best today totally how i expect the agency to run and interupt you on your things. I hope they keep adding in more animations and interactions too. I got that SSR tsubasa a couple of days ago and today she was standing in front of the mirror checking out her new costume and you get a special commu how she really likes this new outfit. The mails are also great to get to know the personalities better. Yukiho for example approached me in the hall and she has a though time speaking to people and asks me if she could mail me. Minutes later she sends me a mail.

rpmurphy

Yeah, thanks for the tip as well, Pachael!

edit after playing for a while:
I see myself playing this longer than DereMas. My major gripe with that game was the low card limit that was a huge pain to juggle, especially once I started to accumulate more SSRs and SRs. I still wanted to keep Normals/Rares to level up for the idol communications but due to space I had to drop and reroll. I don't see a card limit now as far as I can tell so yay. Also not having to manage dupes, no extra screen hop just to hit submenu items (i.e. you can go directly to unit formation instead of loading up the screen that shows that option), mission rewards directly show up in the presents list, and yeah, just these QoL improvements are really nice. It feels like a very polished game.

They just need to fix that bug where it shows there are new presents when there aren't lol.

Also, yeah definitely ditto on the new lives! Brand New Theater blew me away! 😍

Top Bottom