• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- First Gameplay Trailer!

JoeBoy101

FunkyPajamas said:
600+ hours of my life just cried out in terror, before being suddenly silenced.

Yeah. I mean, I will have to play through with an Orc, Dunmer, and Nord Barbarian all once each.

Is this the point that I mention the next Fallout will probably run on this engine?

ezekial45

Banned
Despera said:
I hope your character can run in this game, and that it looks as good as the way that guy was running away from the dragon at the beginning of the trailer.

Yeah, they said sprinting was in the game.

Anyway, it looks really good. I could never get into Morrowind or Oblivion (i guess i'm more of a fallout guy), but this does look very exciting.

Gorgon

Despera said:
I hope your character can run in this game, and that it looks as good as the way that guy was running away from the dragon at the beginning of the trailer.

Thats probably a snipet of actual gameplay of your character running in first person.

I was gonna post this, but then I saw the trailer and my brain just exploded. Holy. Effin'. Shit.

Bethesda, I demand an MP3 of that music. I want Nords chanting in my ears wherever I go.

MDSLKTR

Praise-The-Lord-of-Heavens.jpg

I hope the playable animations are greatly improved, much as I love oblivion and fallout 3 everything was so stiff and wooden, the animation from that trailer gives me hope.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JoeBoy101 said:
Yeah. I mean, I will have to play through with an Orc, Dunmer, and Nord Barbarian all once each.

Is this the point that I mention the next Fallout will probably run on this engine?

That would be fantastic. We'll get the 3D Fallout entry we were expecting/hoping for with Fallout 3.

Gorgon

Dr Stabbingworth said:
I was a little unsure about this after Oblivion and Oblivion with Guns, but day one for sure.

Fallout 3 was good, fuck off. Oblivion sucked balls, true.

lilltias

WOOOOOOOW. First The Witcher 2 and then THIS? We are in for a treat fellows.

What's out on the fighting in Skyrim? Heard it was a bit like Demon's Souls. If that's the case, then this will be the game of the fucking forever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Zeliard said:
Hear that guys? No bump-mapping on roads. Shit game confirmed.

Try to remember that this is an open-world game.

That post was very clearly a joke.

MightyHedgehog said:
Why are people complaining about DA2 here? That's a different sort of RPG, anyway.

Yeah, an RPG of the N64 variety. </rimshot>

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
When the music kicks into high gear, I just about nearly clapped irl.

I am all fucking over this. Bring on the collector's PC edition with useless gold coin and map that I'll buy anyway.

Zeliard

Gorgon said:
Fallout 3 was good, fuck off. Oblivion sucked balls, true.

Fallout 3 had its share of issues. New Vegas was a much better effort IMO.

Having said all that, Skyrim looks as good as one can hope. Can't wait for a true gameplay feed. Beth has been surprisingly liberal with revealing information on this game. We actually already know quite a bit.

JoeBoy101

DennisK4 said:

THIS is what is getting me about this game. LOOK at the complexity in the world geometry. Bethesda has never created a world like this with depth, tiers, height, etc. That natural bridge is a brilliant example (and is that buildings on top of it?)

Well, it looks good I guess. But all of these 'modern RPGs' have yet to live up to the promise of a modern RPG. Shouldn't you guys rein in the hype just a little?

Xater

Fallout-NL said:
Well, it looks good I guess. But all of these 'modern RPGs' have yet to live up to the promise of a modern RPG. Shouldn't you guys rein in the hype just a little?

Nah.

I loved their previous 3 games I don't see why this should be different.

Cdammen

The art direction is incredibly cool-looking, I very much like the nordic touch to buildings, weapons, armor, etc.

...and the tech looks really nice!

Top Bottom