• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2012

Yeah, I went through this about a year ago when my Wii (and PS3) were stolen. It was a brutal, long process (aided by scotch and some good records). I was absolutely dreading doing this all over again on the WiiU (still haven't).

It occurred to me for a second, "It won't be so bad, I can watch Netflix on the PS3 while I redownload the games from the Wii shop on the WiiU gamepad... oh wait, that doesn't work at all".

Looks like more scotch and vinyl for me. Please please please Nintendo enable VC gamepad support.
Oh but its soo much fun :/

The worst thing is just going through all the menus, its soo slow, if that was faster I swear this whole process would take half the time it has. I checked the activity log on the Wii mode on the WiiU, apparently I've spent over 5 hours doing this so far D: I'm only on page 10 of 14, 83 of 126 games downloaded (would be 127 but Lost Winds don't work on the WiiU for some reason). Anyway it'll be worth it once they are all downloaded I guess, slowly but surely getting there.

Tenki

It seems that Unepic is coming to Wii U eShop. It's being brought by EnjoyUp Games, the people who brought La-Mulana.

- RPG 2D platform game.
- 200 rooms to explore.
- 7 bosses to kill.
- 70 spells to learn.
- 100 different weapons.
- Impressive lighting engine.
- Funny story and funny dialogs (more than 2000 lines)
- References to other games, films, comic…
- Full RPG character sheet.
- Quests.
- Character sheet with upgrading skills.
- Potions (craft your own potions) + scrolls + rings + magic weapons + magic artifacts
- Pets.
- Achievements.
- Statistics (best strikes can be uploaded to worldwide raking table).
- 3 different ends.
- 4 levels of difficulty.
- Hidden treasures.
- Castle map where you can write down your own notes.
- Statistics.

QlSbV.jpg
iD5bu.jpg
cJ1Xm.jpg

There's more info and pics on Nintendo Everything and the whole press release is on the site that you GO.

Here's an English trailer of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr5dCc7_xqM

I got UnEpic in whatever bundle it was in and I spent an afternoon with it with intentions of going back, seemed like a great game. Will gladly double-dip on a Wii U version, especially if it includes GamePad support.

It's nice to see that games that weren't necessarily indie blockbusters even on PC are making it to the eShop. Even with just the currently released/announced line-up, I expect the Wii U eShop to fully eclipse the Wii's digital offerings before the end of next year (barring VC, which Nintendo needs to clarify soon).

Pharros

"- Achievements."

Oh Nintendo, just integrate them :(

Back on topic though, definitely looking into this. Love the style.

Tower of Druaga and Spelunker (Famicom Versions for both) for 3DS JP VC next week. Megaman 1-6 also has a 20% off sale going on for the 25th anniversary, apparently.

hongcha

Tower of Druaga and Spelunker (Famicom Versions for both) for 3DS JP VC next week. Megaman 1-6 also has a 20% off sale going on for the 25th anniversary, apparently.

Why aren't they releasing more game boy, gbc, or game gear games? It seems to be famicom stuff every week now.

hongcha

Still a lot of gems to release on the three other platforms I mentioned. Most of the famicom games were already released on the wii vc.

Why aren't they releasing more game boy, gbc, or game gear games? It seems to be famicom stuff every week now.

Dunno. Seems like a while since the last GB/GBC game, now that you mention it. Even Game Gear got thrown a bone in the last two or so months with Sonic 2 and Sonic Drift 2.

hongcha

Game gear has gotten one release per month for awhile now, so I am hoping for a December game too. Something cool like Lunar Walking School would be great.

Heropon

Are there that many unreleased good GB/GBC games? I only remember the Oracles and Pokémon games missing from my list of essentials, and I think that they won't release Pokémon games.

Are there that many unreleased good GB/GBC games? I only remember the Oracles and Pokémon games missing from my list of essentials, and I think that they won't release Pokémon games.

Off the top of my head there's Mario Tennis, the Oracle games, Shantae (in the US, anyway), the Donkey Kong Land trilogy, MGS: Ghost Babel, the Megaman Xtreme games, Belmont's Revenge, Castlevania Legends and the rest of the classic GB Megaman games.

There's probably more, but those are the first notable games to come to mind.

Heropon

Thanks for reminding me about those games. I wish they could fill the VC schedule with something that weren't NES games, maybe it's time to start with the GBA next year, pleaaaase.

Marz

Yea Nintendo needs to pick it up with VC. I mean seriously NA still hasn't got Wario Land 2 or even Megaman 1.

But GB is just about covered.
I could probably cull up a list of unappreciated Game Boy games.

Final Fantasy Adventure.
Final Fantasy Legend II.
Great Greed.
Rolan's Curse.
Rolan's Curse II.
Solomon's Club.
Trip World.
Sword of Hope I (why is only II up?).
Ultima: Runes of Virtue.
Ultima: Runes of Virtue II.

zroid

Banned
I could probably cull up a list of unappreciated Game Boy games.

Final Fantasy Adventure.
Final Fantasy Legend II.
Great Greed.
Rolan's Curse.
Rolan's Curse II.
Solomon's Club.
Trip World.
Sword of Hope I (why is only II up?).
Ultima: Runes of Virtue.
Ultima: Runes of Virtue II.

I won't begrudge you that list, I only started playing Game Boy with Pokemon's release :)

Drago

At least you're actually getting some good stuff each week. I mean, a sale on all the Megamans and NA doesn't even have 1, among all the other great VC content that comes every week for Japan? Cmon :'(

I don't even get WL2 until next week, yall had that since April :(

Thoraxes

I've just finished the first Spring Season, and it's been really entertaining. The first few days are rather slow since there's little to do besides harvesting crops and searching for bugs to ship them, but once all the big features are introduced by the end of Spring, the game really clicks and the ball gets rolling. By that time you can also raise animals, cook stuff, participate in festivals, and build houses and decorations using blueprints. That's one great thing about this game, you don't just raise the farm, but also raise the town's population by building houses and stores.

This was my first retail game I got as DD, and I don't regret it. It's certainly a great game to always have around, and probably one of the best choices if you like Farming/Simcity-styled games. I've decided to stick with this one instead of waiting for Animal Crossing.

Oh, and it has waifus too. Only met one of them so far, but the rest shouldn't be far behind.

It is reaaaaaly slow at the start, but once you get over that hump, it's all gravy.

I've just finished the first Spring Season, and it's been really entertaining. The first few days are rather slow since there's little to do besides harvesting crops and searching for bugs to ship them, but once all the big features are introduced by the end of Spring, the game really clicks and the ball gets rolling. By that time you can also raise animals, cook stuff, participate in festivals, and build houses and decorations using blueprints. That's one great thing about this game, you don't just raise the farm, but also raise the town's population by building houses and stores.

This was my first retail game I got as DD, and I don't regret it. It's certainly a great game to always have around, and probably one of the best choices if you like Farming/Simcity-styled games. I've decided to stick with this one instead of waiting for Animal Crossing.

Oh, and it has waifus too. Only met one of them so far, but the rest shouldn't be far behind.

What's the download size for Harvest Moon? I'd consider getting it if it's small.

I really wish the output on the Virtual Console was better.

I'm still wanting:
-Lufia: The Legend Returns (GBC)
-Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya (GG)
-Defenders of Oasis (GG)
-Zelda Oracle Games (GBC)
-Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GBC)
-Final Fantasy Legend Series (GB)

And so many more. It's free money dammit. These are big enough names to warrant releases...

zroid

Banned
Passing on the Oracle games on GBC is one of my biggest regrets. The Capcom association threw me off, as I just considered them licensed spinoffs or some such. It was much too late once I learned that wasn't the case.

I'm sure they'll show up on the VC eventually, but it could take a couple years.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I don't think we'll ever get Lufia GBC--we never got Lufia 1/2 for Wii VC, and Square didn't even want to release the recent DS game outside of Japan.

I don't think we'll ever get Lufia GBC--we never got Lufia 1/2 for Wii VC, and Square didn't even want to release the recent DS game outside of Japan.

Kind of a shame, since they at least had some interest in releasing the SNES games at one point if Lufia 1's ESRB rating was anything to go by.

donny2112

Passing on the Oracle games on GBC is one of my biggest regrets. The Capcom association threw me off, as I just considered them licensed spinoffs or some such. It was much too late once I learned that wasn't the case.

You can still buy them on eBay if you have a GBC or GBA. Playing them back-to-back both ways was such a great, content-filled experience. Really wish they'd do another pair of games like that.

zroid

Banned
You can still buy them on eBay if you have a GBC or GBA. Playing them back-to-back both ways was such a great, content-filled experience. Really wish they'd do another pair of games like that.

I've definitely considered it, but I don't really think I want to go down that road now. I do have a GBC and a GBA SP in storage somewhere, but... grhm.

Qurupeke

I want Pokemon. :( I really want them not to make a new 3DS Pokemon game for 2-3 years. Instead, they should make some eShop remakes for RBY, GSC. If they made avaiable these games for 10-15 E with 3D, Wi-Fi and some other additions, I'd buy all of them... And after that, a new mind blowing 3DS Pokemon game. Please. :(

Damn, VC has such a potential...

Oh God Damit.

So I finally finished downloading all my WiiWare/VC games to my WiiU, I counted 125 titles all up to be downloaded from the shop. Checked my SD card to make sure I had downloaded them all and only counted 124. Of course the Wii Shop doesn't tell you if games are downloaded to the SD card, only to the system menu. If its downloaded to the SD card it still says Downloadable. I have no way of knows what I've missed unless I go through, write down all the games I've downloaded and check them against the Wii Shop.

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS SOO HARD NINTENDO, DAMN YOU TO HELL.

Crimson Shroud Reviews are rolling in.

NWR said:
8.5/10
I resent the game for having to even think twice about giving it a high score. It should have been a slam-dunk for me, if not for a major, easily-avoided flaw. When all is said and done, however, once I got past that one frustrating point, I was just eager to keep playing and see what was next.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/32763

NintendoLife said:
9/10
As an RPG that digs into the table-top history of the genre, Crimson Shroud is both a great deal of fun and an artistic triumph. While there are issues — mainly a steep learning curve and an almost frustratingly brief campaign — they're easy to overlook in the face of such charming presentation, fantastic music, and near-endless replayability. Crimson Shroud isn't a game that does a lot of things, but rather a game that does a small number of things extremely well. Crimson Shroud is absolutely a dungeon worth crawling.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/crimson_shroud_eshop

1UP said:
B
Perhaps that's to be expected of a game predicated on doing things the old (old) fashioned way, but looking to the past doesn't mean you have to throw out the refinements of the present. See the Etrian Odyssey games for an example of an old-school concept that benefits from contemporary refinement. I love the idea behind Crimson Shroud, and I love its trappings. But -- perhaps in a first for a Matsuno-helmed project! -- it could really benefit from being a lengthier game. Five hours and four floors of a dungeon just doesn't give all the ideas on offer here sufficient room to breathe. Even so, any RPG fan should consider checking it out if only to enjoy the chance to see the genre's roots explored in such a fascinatingly literal form.

http://www.1up.com/reviews/love-hate-crimson-shroud-takes

Edit: Beaten, sorta. :(

Is Mario Bros. 3 out on 3DS VC in Japan? I know the Lost Levels are coming to UK 3DS VC soon which will be great, but would really love Mario 3. :) I wonder if we will get SNES games as we are getting NES.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
WiiU eShop charts are in.

Drago

Is Mario Bros. 3 out on 3DS VC in Japan? I know the Lost Levels are coming to UK 3DS VC soon which will be great, but would really love Mario 3. :) I wonder if we will get SNES games as we are getting NES.

Japan already has SMB1, SMB2, and SMB LL, so SMB3 is next on the list. Wouldn't surprise me if they get it in a very soonish period (Q1), before NA/EU even get to SMB2. We aren't getting Lost Levels until the 27th, at least in NA.

Something like Mario should always get a worldwide release :(

Top Bottom