• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier: Automata PC performance thread

Outside of having to use the borderless window software, there's nothing that I can point out as bad in this port. I had trouble with the control prompts flashing between the gamepad and the keyboard but after a restart, it went away.

Playing at 1080p, high, AO on, 4x AA on a i5 4690k @4.2ghz + GTX 1070, locked 60. Playing at 1440p with no AA also gives me 60 locked from the bit I played.

Hm. Think I'm going to wait to buy this until the full screen thing is fixed. I don't really feel like messing with the borderless software and windowed mode since I'll be playing this through steam link.

Anybody know if the developer are aware?

What would explain my problems when every other gsme works? I can't even start ;-;

The first time I ever started it up it showed the menu and wasn't crashing steam but never had the option again since despite uninstslling, verifying and so on. Is there a file that sticks around I should try deleting in case something I changed in the menus is causing problems?

If this is the first area after the tutorial, go find the hangar elevator.

Any other helpful hints? This is where I am. I can walk over to the end of the hangar where the little mech suit is but I can't do anything with it. No conversational prompts or anything else. I've pressed every button.

AEdouard

So, should I play this on my i5-6400/GTX 10606gb or PS4 Pro?

Right now PS4 pro I think. Fullscreen doesn't exactly work without some external help, cutscenes are stuttery, performance doesn't seem stellar and there may be some pop in issues.

In a few weeks who knows.

The Thnikkaman

Neo Member
How long did this take to decrypt for people? I've been waiting like 10 minutes and the bar has barely moved. JFC am I better off just redownloading the damn thing?

Ragnaroz

I had this same issue using the latest AMD drivers on a 470. Rolled back to drivers 16.11.5 has so far fixed it for me.
Just rolled back mine as well. Will see if it helps. How does the game work for you on a 470? I seem to only be able to get stable 60 if I completely disable AA.

Nzyme32

So, should I play this on my i5-6400/GTX 10606gb or PS4 Pro?

Right now PS4 pro I think. Fullscreen doesn't exactly work without some external help, cutscenes are stuttery, performance doesn't seem stellar and there may be some pop in issues.

In a few weeks who knows.

Seems quite a lot of people say the opposite. I say, if you can, buy it and test it out yourself. Don't like how it performs - refund it.

All the tips you might need are in the OP, particularly regarding the Fullscreen mode issue, which is super simple to fix via windowed mode and borderless gaming app. Then again, seems some people don't even have that issue.

21:9 support?

Yes. Though the UI will be stretched, but thankfully its fairly minimal.

Playing on my streaming PC, solid 60 fps.

Playing at 1080p, high, AO on, 4x AA, V-sync enabled on a Xeon E3 1231 v3 + GTX 1060, locked 60. Cutscenes drop to 30 and are very choppy. Running latest Nvidia drivers, no issues yet as far as crashes or artifacts.

Momentary

Banned
Man, performance issues all around if I'm going by what people on STEAM are saying.

So the game does renders at 900p at fullscreen? I'm currently downloading right now. I really don't want to have to deal with trying to fix this game to get it to run properly.

Lanrutcon

Sigh.

Waiting for updates on the issues before committing. Too many folks are running into problems :(

Guess I'll grab Wildlands until this is sorted out.

TheTux

So I have a RX 480 (tried the 3 latest drivers) and the game just crashes after some time. I couldn't even get to the point where the demo ended.

In my case it seems it's some driver bug with the VFX effects (when I hit enemies and damage particles are generated).

Anyone knows how to fix this? Am I just supposed for a game/driver update? How long does AMD usually take do release a compatibility update for a newly released game? Do they even do that with non AAA games?

Thanks in advance

Okay so, this is the problem I'm having.

After the opening/tutorial mission, the white screen fades to 2B looking out one of the space station windows and she goes to meet 9S.

After their conversation, things seem to be broken. I go see the Commander and she says this to me:

dTWrMqt.jpg

I have not held any conversation with her prior, nor have I been in the room since "reboot". I've looked at some Youtube videos and there is supposed to be a crowd of these android people to the right off the elevator and a marker over the Commander. I see none of that, as pictured here:

When I go to look at the Intel station in 2B's (or anyone's) room, I see this, which looks glitched.

Even scanning through the menu I can hear 2B doing attacks as if the game isn't recognizing that I'm in the menu system. Sometimes I'm unable to close the menu at all and am forced to reboot.

The Quests are all greyed out, as shown here:

When I go to the Hangar, nothing happens on any pads (where it looks like something is supposed to happen). It looks like this:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've restarted the game from the beginning and been wandering around the station trying to figure out if I've done something wrong for more than an hour.

Please help.

Gbraga

So PS4 pro or PC (1070,i5 6500, 16gb)?? I need to know before I buy.

Right now? Pro.

The cutscenes being as they are is the worst problem, imo. The pop-in is something I can deal with.

I'm sure they'll fix the rough edges, but if you want to start playing right now, I'd honestly say get it on Pro.

I have the exact same problem. Beside this horrendous pop-in, the port is pretty good.

Darn they didn't fix the draw distance? Sheesh... I hate that. A simple LOD extension in these ports would be nice... The only reason they are so restricted in draw distance is the consoles in the first place.

Nishastra

Banned
So I have a RX 480 (tried the 3 latest drivers) and the game just crashes after some time. I couldn't even get to the point where the demo ended.

In my case it seems it's some driver bug with the VFX effects (when I hit enemies and damage particles are generated).

Anyone knows how to fix this? Am I just supposed for a game/driver update? How long does AMD usually take do release a compatibility update for a newly released game? Do they even do that with non AAA games?

Thanks in advance
I had to go back to the drivers before ReLive got added (16.11.5). I've been playing for a few hours without it crashing since doing that.

The Kid

This may be a really obvious answer, but are any of these PC issues so bad where you would recommend getting the game for vanilla PS4 over a PC with 980ti and 1080p monitor?

T.O.P

Banned
Game is working flawlessly on my end

i5 4690k 970oc @ 1080p locked 60fps

Except for some hiccups during cutscenes it's been smooth as butter for 3 hour non stop

Moaradin

Right now? Pro.

The cutscenes being as they are is the worst problem, imo. The pop-in is something I can deal with.

I'm sure they'll fix the rough edges, but if you want to start playing right now, I'd honestly say get it on Pro.

What's wrong with the cutscenes? So far they've been exactly the same as the PS4 version for me.

T-Rex.

Banned
I had this same issue using the latest AMD drivers on a 470. Rolled back to drivers 16.11.5 has so far fixed it for me.
Thanks for this! Did a clean uninstall and downloaded that specific update and it's working great for me now.

What's wrong with the cutscenes? So far they've been exactly the same as the PS4 version for me.
They're dropping below 30fps. I'm not even that sensitive to frame drops, but the cutscenes are horrible.

Moaradin

Thanks for this! Did a clean uninstall and downloaded that specific update and it's working great for me now.

They're dropping below 30fps. I'm not even that sensitive to frame drops, but the cutscenes are horrible.

None of mine have been dropping below 30. Been making sure to see if I had any stuttering. Not sure what's causing it for people.

Momentary

Banned
The game is stuck at 24FPS... This is with a Titan XP and the game at 900p. Tried full screen and windowed. My monitor is set to 144hz.

It could be GSYNC... I'll try turning that off.

T-Rex.

Banned
None of mine have been dropping below 30. Been making sure to see if I had any stuttering. Not sure what's causing it for people.
Hmm, might be GPU specific then. I'm on an RX 480 and I was having big issues with it crashing before and had to roll back the drivers just to get it working.

DasFool

The game doesn't list achievements neither in-game nor in my Steam library.

Also, had a white screen crash, but the game continued to run in the background. A restart fixed that.

Otherwise, the port seems fine. I have a 2500k and GTX 970.

TheTux

I had to go back to the drivers before ReLive got added (16.11.5). I've been playing for a few hours without it crashing since doing that.

Thanks, downloading now the drivers from here.

I always had the latest drivers but I never installed ReLive.

Thanks a lot if it works, I'll let you know.

Hmm, might be GPU specific then. I'm on an RX 480 and I was having big issues with it crashing before and had to roll back the drivers just to get it working.

Roll back to which version?

The Thnikkaman

Neo Member
It's very strange to me that the cutscenes rendered out at 30 in a game that targets 60 even on console.

Also istrange that playback is an issue that sounds like it varies from machine to machine.
Maybe something with whatever video decoder they're using?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just played for 4 hours. Game stayed locked at 60 fps the whole time @ 1080p, everything turned on except for MSAA.

i7 4770K, 32 GB RAM, GF980.

I was also able to get 1080p full screen working by literally just alt + entering a couple of times, it started out at 1680x1050 but after a couple of alt enters it sorted itself out and went to 1080. Weird.

Top Bottom