• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Gurren Lagann or Kill La Kill?

Convinced my friend to watch both, whereas I'm rewatching them with him. We finished Gurren not too long ago, now 5 episodes into KLK. Seems to already prefer the latter a lot more already.

Narag

Gurren Lagann is a vastly superior show compared to Kill la Kill and I don't even really think of it as highly as others here.

sonicmj1

Gurren Lagann or Kill La Kill?

Convinced my friend to watch both, whereas I'm rewatching them with him. We finished Gurren not too long ago, now 5 episodes into KLK. Seems to already prefer the latter a lot more already.

I'm a Gurren Lagann guy personally.

Episode 5 is basically the apex of Kill la Kill. Eventually it decides not to deliver on most of what it promised.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm gonna be the crazy guy who enjoyed KLK more than Gurenn Lagann.

Probably gonna be crazy with you too at this rate. Originally liked Gurren just a bit more, after finishing KLK years ago, but I really didn't look forward to rewatching it. My friend surprisingly felt Gurren was pretty average though.
Dunno why we watched it if he was ultimately so uninterested tho -_-
Whereas KLK, I'm far more into the rewatch so far. Forgot how much I love the cast, among other things.

20 episodes to go though.

KraytarJ

Wait, how is it possible to think Kill la Kill is good? It's amazing, I can't even imagine how I'd feel about anime without it and Log Horizon.

K-ON!! 2
So there's a sixth member, but it's a fucking turtle. Of course.

Branduil

Kill la Kill is puerile Imaishi garbage at its worst. The characters are one note, the plot makes no sense and was obviously rewritten on the fly, bad animation, creepy sexual assault scenes, etc. Only thing it has going for it is Sushio's art, but that's not enough to save a show.

Szadek

Kill la Kill is puerile Imaishi garbage at its worst. The characters are one note, the plot makes no sense and was obviously rewritten on the fly, bad animation, creepy sexual assault scenes, etc. Only thing it has going for it is Sushio's art, but that's not enough to save a show.
No. Just no.

Mawaru Penguindrum - Ep. 20
Well, this episode explains a lot and without ever being boring.
Quite impressive.

Eumi

See, I like kill la kill more, but i can't think of any way I could say it's better than gurren.

Maybe it has better characters?

Rakugo S2 - 07

You know, after Hosanna's hint concerning the overly dramatic death scene I was wondering how much Kiku might have twisted his story, maybe changing larger parts of the relationships of Sukeruko, Miyo and him. Like, maybe he was actually more in love with Miyo than he ever acknowledged and got upset at the other two eloping or something of that sort. Turns out it was much simpler and Kiku's storytelling was truthful except for the tragedy, where he decided to shoulder the blame for Konatsu. So whereas I was expecting a bit more darkness to his past, he was actually a better, and more tragic, man than I thought. And really, it all lines up much better with everything than what I was speculating anyways. Except perhaps with the second OP which has that sequence with Sukeruko revealing Kiku's skeleton and what I took as a metaphor to Kiku hiding some dark secrets concerning these two, when really Kiku is less at fault. Might have been an intentional subversion though or I've interpreted it the wrong way.

Except Miyokichi.

Nope, 100% her fault.

I blame poor construction.

Whereas Miyokichi does of course take the biggest blame, she did some stabby stabby after all, I think the implication is that she had her own tragic story leading up these events. Whatnot with how Kiku treated her and their relationship and Sukeruko ending up as a lazy drunkard—admittedly because she didn't allow him to perform Rakugo yadyada. I mean, there's a pretty complex relation going on with these 3 and other characters which made S1 so good.

Pundere

Nisemonogatari 8
Anime and toothbrushes were both mistakes.

New OP is good tho

Edit: God I just realized that LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENED THIS EPISODE. It was 100% incest overtones and nothing else. Jesus fucking christ.

Love Live got the first and second place in the NHK anime song ranking. The power of Snow Helation and Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari!

The inferior Idolmaster didn't even get it into the top 10.

TheChaos0

Nagi no Asukara End

Amazing / 10

Definitely in my top 3 of my favorite animes of all time. The Soundtrack,OP&ED is so good. Amazing characters to go on top of a great story.

I wasn't very sold on some character designs but I loved the show especially the second part.

Nisemonogatari 8

New OP is good tho

Edit: God I just realized that LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENED THIS EPISODE. It was 100% incest overtones and nothing else. Jesus fucking christ.

While you past the worst bit, you should drop the series and forget about monogatari just like I did. Nothing but trash. ;)

Szadek

Nisemonogatari 8

New OP is good tho

The worst is over. It can only get better.
Only 3 more episodes and Nekomongatri before you can watch S2.

Syrinx

Fuuka 8

Why do I still bother?

Koyuki is rapidly ascending the Official BoJack Horseman Scale Of Treating The People W?ho Care About You Like An 11AM Hangover Turd. First, she almost gets Yuu serioualy injured and//or possibly murdered by an angry mob. Then she goes up on stage and apologizes to...the angry mob that's trying to almost or even straight up murder him. Then she ignores like 80 phone calls from the wiener (agency's decision, but shit, at least answer and say "Hey sorry for the whole almost getting you killed thing") before she finally answers and gives him that distant bullshit. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Bye". And of course, this idiot goes chasing after her because...whatever. And then finds her at stupid nostalgia place where she finally apologizes to him. Except she's all "I'm sorry...for loving you".

...What the shit is that even supposed to mean? It seems like an apology for all that's happened except done in the most obnoxiously melodramatic and sentimental way possible, all in an attempt to make me feel super bad for Koyuki. Well no Koyuki, I ain't buying it. After all this shit you pulled, you deserve to be sad and lonely.

I need to watch this Scum's Wish show. At least it sounds like you're unironically supposed to enjoy the depravity and the terrible people treating each other terribly. Also apparently it's much better.

Szadek

Rakugo Shinjuu - S2 Ep. 7
Mostly a slow episode , but then that twists happened.
The truth about
Sukeroku and Miyokichi deaths
was very shocking and makes Yakumo Yuurakutei an even better character than he already was.

With this epsiode it's definitely AOTS already.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 1 (Subtitled) Episode 40 – King of Duelists

More Bakura fortunetelling again please.
C49QJNgWMAQ9-j1.jpg:small

Kind of a worthless card, I cant think of a beneficial situation to have this card in the deck versus other 4 star cards.

KraytarJ

I wasn't very sold on some character designs but I loved the show especially the second part.

While you past the worst bit, you should drop the series and forget about monogatari just like I did. Nothing but trash. ;)
Why would you stop before second season? Basically everything past Nise is phenomenal. SS and Owari are peak anime. Several of the best arcs around, one after another in both.

Inuyasha 105

I always found Canon-kotsu to be one of the cooler band of seven character just right behind the leader. This episode remembered me why, that forest bombardement was really cool. Altough is saw weapon with strings makes really no sense now that I see it today.

All out!! 14 eng dub

Really touching episode. Knowing coach Komaki's backstory and seeing talking with his old friend really made him more likeable. Then we had the hard moment of the X day. Sekizan really took it hard and having his team hug him at the end made for a really happy ending.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Love Live got the first and second place in the NHK anime song ranking. The power of Snow Helation and Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari!

The inferior Idolmaster didn't even get it into the top 10.

The iDOLM@STER is a videogame series.

DTVZWhs.png

I bet the Super Mario Bros theme isn't in the top 10 either.

Line_HTX

Love Live is still a Pile of Poo.

ZIHGF1e.png

Also Kill la Kill can never hold the same water as Gurren Lagann. Gurren Lagann had the better executed peaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom