• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Punctuation Thread

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"On the gameplay side of things how it's supposed to work is Ben specializes in close combat, Kimberly in long-range, and Eddy is the in-betweeny one, as is also the case with his skin color weirdly enough."

KuGsj.gif

During that 'Call of Juarez: The cartel' review he remarks that he plays games for a living.
To be honest, every time I get tempted by threads like these and watch one of his reviews I kind of wonder why he still does. Or why he got suckered into it in the first place.

Just my impression though.

Sciz

Yahtzee really is at his best when he gets the opportunity to rip into something he loathes in every possible way.

sn00zer said:
Always confused by the OoT is the best game ever argument...You could argue it used to be the best game ever...but now? definitely not...Okami, Darksiders, and all the Zelda's after OoT are better than OoT and thats just games in its genre....
OoT laid the groundwork for hundreds of titles, but many many games have come and gone that are much better than OoT...
OoT is like saying your work in highschool was better than your work in college...you couldnt get to college without highschool, but your college work is almost always leagues ahead of whatever you did in highschool

Someone can't feel the effects of real magic, it seems.

Acerac

Banned
sn00zer said:
Always confused by the OoT is the best game ever argument...You could argue it used to be the best game ever...but now? definitely not...Okami, Darksiders, and all the Zelda's after OoT are better than OoT and thats just games in its genre....
OoT laid the groundwork for hundreds of titles, but many many games have come and gone that are much better than OoT...
OoT is like saying your work in highschool was better than your work in college...you couldnt get to college without highschool, but your college work is almost always leagues ahead of whatever you did in highschool
The console Zeldas after OoT were typically worse than OoT. Sure, Majora's Mask was up there with Ocarina, but Twilight Princess and Wind Waker were extremely poorly paced in comparison.

Why does it take so long to begin playing TP? You're running around town doing absolutely nothing for what seems like forever and are forced on asinine searches for light bugs before every one of the first few dungeons. I didn't even get past that part because I was so bored. Shame too, because I'm sure what came after was great.

beat

I kinda wish he'd thrown in one comically over-pronounced Juarez, which IIRC was the running joke from his last Call of Juarez-related review.

Man With No Concept Of Personal Space Simulation

MWNCOPSS

muh-win-cops

G-Fex said:
So this is what this Catherine is about...

CmKce.gif

The story stuff falls off really fast. Starts out with an intriguing concept, then tramples it with dialogue paced for teenagers. It's like persona where you easily deduce stuff 2 hours before the characters in the game.

but the puzzle gameplay is really really good. Like Intelligent Qube + Q-bert on crack with a giant woman trying to eat you with her butt chasing you.

I've started rushing the story parts to just play the puzzles.

No one commented on the epic, EPIC Evangelion reference? You people kinda suck. Also what was that the 2nd anime reference? I want to say City Hunter because its about a dude with a gun, but he is also incredibly badass so I don't think it's the one.

I agree with most what he says about Catherine. But I still love the game and will play it again. Also this review is the funiest one in a while.

Smision said:
It's like persona where you easily deduce stuff 2 hours before the characters in the game.

Persona 3 & 4 maybe.

Persona 2 was where it was at.

StevePharma said:
Guessing from his comments he probably got the Freedom ending :-D

More likely the Cheaters ending since he claimed you could only get a bad ending unless your meter swung all the way in one direction.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"You answer questions based on your own substantial experience with relationships."

KuGsj.gif

Red

Smision said:
but the puzzle gameplay is really really good. Like Intelligent Qube + Q-bert on crack with a giant woman trying to eat you with her butt chasing you.
SOLD.

Catherine's actually been on my radar for a good long while, but I haven't been able to pick it up yet.

Korigama

Smision said:
yeah, i highly doubt that.

Neither half of P2 is anything like either P3 or P4 (if anything, Eternal Punishment seems to be what a lot of people here have been asking for in respect to a Persona with a focus on an adult cast instead of schoolkids), but whatever.

Korigama said:
Neither half of P2 is anything like either P3 or P4 (if anything, Eternal Punishment seems to be what a lot of people here have been asking for in respect to a Persona with a focus on an adult cast instead of schoolkids), but whatever.

i've played part of both halves, but they were so clunky that I didn't get to experience the story. Seemed cool though. I liked that they used adult characters in Eternal Punishment.

Septimius

Is anyone else feeling that the advertisement situation has gone out of hand lately at Escapist? The way it is slabbed on as an immovable banner at the bottom, and as a video before seemingly EVERY VIDEO I want to see sort of takes away something from the whole site.

Septimius said:
Is anyone else feeling that the advertisement situation has gone out of hand lately at Escapist? The way it is slabbed on as an immovable banner at the bottom, and as a video before seemingly EVERY VIDEO I want to see sort of takes away something from the whole site.
With the utter gloom hanging over the Extra Credits ordeal, I'm glad they're trying SOMETHING other than whatever act of desperation lead to that situation happening.

Bear

Considering how much Yahtzee likes Thief, I've always wondered what he would think of Deus Ex. A little disappointed the review mainly focused on the aged tech and only made a few comments about the game itself.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Am I the only one that thought that Yahtzee is going to talk talk about DE:HR and the first DE part is just an introduction? I noticed that I was wrong around 3/4 through the video.

ArjanN

Keiician said:
Am I the only one that thought that Yahtzee is going to talk talk about DE:HR and the first DE part is just an introduction? I noticed that I was wrong around 3/4 through the video.

Well it sort of is. Just as a seperate video.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Keiician said:

Considering the title of the video and the opening minute, not really.

Top Bottom